9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 2:22 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Serious vs Casual COD gaming - Its only business not personal II

Izjar11

COD

So what is it, BO2 is one of the most competitive gaming titles to date (whether or not you liked it) and it made many players reject its competitive community. Yet I have read others talk about the "casual" gamer.

So I propose we discuss this topic here:

1- What is casual gaming in COD?

2- Do you believe Ghost will be equally or more competitive than Bo2?

I see this as very simple, this game is not suited for the player who wants to stroll along as if they are playing Super Mario world, this game is about killing or being killed. Is there room for the casual player?

• Re: Serious vs Casual COD gaming - Its only business not personal II
    Shadowgate

Any respawn mode is causal your skill level does not matter you are playing a noob mode IMO.

Now that BF4 supports no respawn I have no reason to play cod unless you make modes for us. Search is to rushed!

Izjar11

Shadowgate wrote:

Any respawn mode is causal your skill level does not matter you are playing a noob mode IMO.

Now that BF4 supports no respawn I have no reason to play cod unless you make modes for us. Search is to rushed!

I have no clue what your talking about or what you mean and how it has any relation to what I am writing about but dude, with all due respect read what I am writing about first before simply posting. Thanks for responding, though.

Foxhound-Pro

Izjar11 wrote:

Shadowgate wrote:

I have no clue what your talking about or what you mean and how it has any relation to what I am writing about but dude, with all due respect read what I am writing about first before simply posting. Thanks for responding, though.

This user feels that "casual play" is found primarily in game modes where respawns are enabled. An example would be TDM, but I suppose that this extends to all other objective game types too. Think in a counter strike mentality and you'll find what the measure of competition for him is.

I personally find no-respawn game types boring. Perhaps if the game pace was faster I would enjoy it, but I can't really wait on people to have a camp war like they do in search. If I wanted to play counter strike then I'd play counter strike too.

phxs72

Casuals will always have their place.  If for nothing else than to provide the serious gamers some easy kills.  As for Ghosts, I don't think that it will be specifically geared towards the "competitive scene" like BO2 was but I do think that it will be challenging in it's own way.  For instance the removal of many of the aerial killstreaks and replacing them with what seems to be less lethal streaks should force more gun on gun action.  For some this will present a problem.  For others it will present an opportunity.  Only time will tell whether the challenges of Ghosts prove to be more difficult than BO2 or not.

Izjar11

phxs72 wrote:

Casuals will always have their place.  If for nothing else than to provide the serious gamers some easy kills.  As for Ghosts, I don't think that it will be specifically geared towards the "competitive scene" like BO2 was but I do think that it will be challenging in it's own way.  For instance the removal of many of the aerial killstreaks and replacing them with what seems to be less lethal streaks should force more gun on gun action.  For some this will present a problem.  For others it will present an opportunity.  Only time will tell whether the challenges of Ghosts prove to be more difficult than BO2 or not.

Thank you phxs for responding with logical (that other dude confused the cr-ap out of me)

Good points, and as you say we shall see.

I look forward to less aerial killstreaks or scorestreaks or what ever they might be called.

Foxhound-Pro

Sounds good.

Everyone, lets forward discussion here: Casual Gamer vs Serious gamer who wins! | Community

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts