14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 4:56 AM by NASTY_BONG_WATER RSS

is there a way to get this kind of trolling banned

I wont say who did it since  I don't want this locked but is there a way to get these kind of players banned since we had all cussed him out for it since he had put his most of his money in the bank then opened the mason causing all 3 of us to lose 100k total and we ended up all 3 going down. you could hear him laughing because he did not lose no money and was camping in the mason to see them coming then getting the perk before we spawned and then stayed in the mason as we all 3 came out again and then came out ran to the pack a punch and camped there causing us to spawn there with only a pistol and keep going down as he racked up kills. so is there a way to get this kind of players banned. the guy had gloated saying that there was nothing we could do since he did not cheat or hack and that his kind of trolling was not a bannable offence is this true and if its not is there a way to get this banned

• Re: is there a way to get this kind of trolling banned
    GulfCoastGirl

If you spawned in at PAP you should have packed the 1911 for Mustang and Sally.  You should have been able to make it back to the portal with M&S... especially if the 3 of you who were being trolled worked together.   Also,  all should have put that player on MUTE so you could converse amongst yourself your plan for survival and retaliation without the troll being able to hear you.

You can't get the player banned for the troll.... you can submit a negative review and put them on your Avoid list.

TeamKillerMAC

You cannot get banned for trolling as it does not break any rules of the game (as far as I know), the best you can do is put him on the avoid list

jedibuddawolf

u must be new to that map or something.....listen for the music to change for the witches u hear it look around and kill them.....the fact that yall lost 100k between yall is mind blowing they dont come that fast

NASTY_BONG_WATER

Trolling seems to be very popular lately...I would've just left the game. Next time someone goes into the house unannounced, and makes rude remarks or laughs, you should just put your money in the bank, and call it good to leave.

USarmyvet

NASTY_BONG_WATER wrote:

Trolling seems to be very popular lately...I would've just left the game. Next time someone goes into the house unannounced, and makes rude remarks or laughs, you should just put your money in the bank, and call it good to leave.

I agree.

While I hate quitters, in this case it's about all you can do. I say this from experience with in game trolls. After realizing you are being trolled....about all you can do is troll the troll. Once you down him.....he'll quit anyway.

IMHO, Treyarch needs to expand on the player review and allow some filtering based on it.

NASTY_BONG_WATER

I also agree with you, but I mean what filtering can they really do? Both parties paid for their PS3, and with all the hands in the pot, big companies like Sony are only interested in the big buck. Off-topic, but I accidentally deleted my main account with all my purchases, and they pretty much told me where I could shove it when I called the support number although on the website it says they can help. They won't intervene unless it's a serious situation, or customers are being driven away, i'd presume.

USarmyvet

NASTY_BONG_WATER wrote:

I also agree with you, but I mean what filtering can they really do? Both parties paid for their PS3, and with all the hands in the pot, big companies like Sony are only interested in the big buck.

I can think of several ways to review and several reasons why it would benefit the game maker.

To steal a google term...."user experience".

Trolls may enjoy the trolling but as a segment, they are very small. In spite of their size, they can have a greater impact than say a good player. A couple of good players can carry a game to a decent round level meaning the number of member contacts per day is small. A troll simply wants to grief and when the others quit or he accomplishes his goal, he's off to the next lobby.  The number of member contacts per day for the troll is much greater.

In the aggregate...trolls destroy more revenue than they bring.

I doubt they'll ever implement a lobby filter.....from all indications, they seem to try and force weaker players on people, the exact opposite. Not to mention the "no name & shame" policy.

Davelo07

I doubt they'll ever implement a lobby filter.....from all indications, they seem to try and force weaker players on people, the exact opposite.

Isn't this where the lines get blurred though? I'm all for implementing a lobby filter, but it needs to be purely based on negative behaviour in game and not ability. I think it's a positive that they match weaker players with better ones and would much rather play with someone who takes 20 downs but is an honest player, than someoene with a good k/d who quits or doesn't help the team.. All rank tells you is that someone has a good k/d, not if they're a sellfish player, rage quiter, won't revive, etc. I'd much rather they filtered the lobbies based on how much of a team player you are. Weaker players are not the problem, selfish players and bad strategists are.

NASTY_BONG_WATER

I'm not so sure, it's kind of in between. I mean, zombies is about getting into a good match. It is nice to have some chivalry, but not if you have 20 downs. The main focus of the game is to survive to the highest round, and it's not much survival if you're having to carry someone else's weight, otherwise you should just do solo. But, it's great to have someone who has a good personality. At the same time though, I still stand with the whole point is to survive. Not much of a team, when you're the only member in it! Lol

Davelo07

I know not everybody wants to play with weaker players, but we are talking about filtering the trolling aspect of the game. The only way to judge a potential team mate at the moment is rank which is irrelevant when it comes to style of play. My point was filtering out the weaker players has no influence on trolling, as a troll can be of any rank. A weak player isn't always the rage quitter, a stronger player might not take a down until round 20, but then quits and ruins the game for everybody. We need different criteria to judge players, and to differentiate between bad players in terms of ability and skilled players who are horrible to play with.

USarmyvet

Davelo07 wrote:

I doubt they'll ever implement a lobby filter.....from all indications, they seem to try and force weaker players on people, the exact opposite.

Isn't this where the lines get blurred though? I'm all for implementing a lobby filter, but it needs to be purely based on negative behaviour in game and not ability. I think it's a positive that they match weaker players with better ones and would much rather play with someone who takes 20 downs but is an honest player, than someoene with a good k/d who quits or doesn't help the team.. All rank tells you is that someone has a good k/d, not if they're a sellfish player, rage quiter, won't revive, etc. I'd much rather they filtered the lobbies based on how much of a team player you are. Weaker players are not the problem, selfish players and bad strategists are.

I agree....sorta

I'll play all day with a guy that won't quit....since I can still shoot for a high round. Thus....quitting would be a filter I could get with.

Like I said, some expanded review would be nice....maybe a team vote after the game ends, dumping votes unless they are unanimous and then not black marking anyone until a pattern emerges. The categories you mentioned would be fine, no need for a huge number of options. This would also allow for the "MVP" stat I think would be a great addition.

As most people know....I have little faith in rankings, being just a knife myself (long story + I don't care). Other than some of the shotguns I've met here....I've rarely met any (lobbies, FOF's) I'd consider drastically superior.

NASTY_BONG_WATER

You're exactly right, I do agree with that. I never thought of the impact of what the daily troll does, how you were saying about the number of people he/she disrupts every day. Although I've got to say, what fun is that anyhow? Why would you purchase a game for $60 and then be ignorant? Agreeing also on the filter. I'm not sure if it would bring in revenue or take it away. Bringing it in because good people are more inclined to play, and taking it away because bad players won't want to play anymore because they get matched with there own medicine. Everyone knows there is far more bad players than good..