1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 4:22 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

quit probation

RonPopeil

what an awful idea.  what game designer though it would be good to have people spend time not playing their game?  who decided we should have hardcore on nuketown or hijacked and then allow friendly fire rather than ricochet?  you want to punish people for backing out?  fine.  that's always been annoying.  punishing people for killing too many teammates?  when you don't implement ricochet and allow uncontrollable kill/score streaks to kill your own team?  hell no.  half of the awesome score streaks in this game are wasted in hardcore because you can't use them without getting kicked.  warthog?  sentry gun?  war machine/death machine?  what's the point?  you'll just get kicked for being one of the best players on the team.  so there's ~250,000 people a night not experiencing the game.  amazing there's still that many of us around to be honest.

this is one of the major flaws of this game.  what an epic blunder to boot people for x amount of time because another player wants to senselessly run around.  there's no incentive for players to mind where they're walking.  i believe this is part of the dumbing down of an already mindless game.  not that it's a problem.  everyone needs some mindless entertainment and this is my choice of subject matter.  but the result of these decisions is players who play selfishly.  tonight i had a teammate that was 0-14 shoot me in the back so he could stand in the spot i'd thought to sit in after looking at the UAV.  i was leading the team in K/D and had the most caps, defends and points. 

this game used to appeal to adults as well as teens/tweens.  things like this make it more appealing for the kiddies:  which is confusing because the game has never had an ESRB rating that would allow that age group to buy it.  bring back the world at war rules.  leave the mindless thoughtless gamers who want to run around spamming SMG's in core.  let hardcore be a very difficult arena that's not for those who are prone to lapses in attention span from overdosing on mountain dew and dorritos in their parents basement.  some people liked a game where they could hide.   now you just add a perk that makes you undetectable by UAV so you can senselessly run around.  a game without logic flaws like a concrete external wall for a building can be shot through but a stack of wooden pallets can't be. really?  playing jenga with mechanical engineers makes more sense than that!

and lets not talk about lag. : |  OMG the lag.

• 1. Re: quit probation
    Necaross

Warthog DOSEN'T kick you... We tryed with one of my buddy in 10 different game, he killed way more than 5 teamates and didn't get kick. There was no message saying he can't get kick cause he's the host. Sentry gun, put it somewhere no one gonna pass in front of it. I never killed a teamate with a Death Machine... but w/e. War machine is a beast to kill you teamate, unless you can read a map? Then you'll know where your teamates are

Ok, lag? WHAT LAG? I really don't get what the hell is going on with lag, cause i rarely feel any lag at all. There is lag in every match you play, cause i can't explain it not being a geek, but every match has a certain level of lag, but i never felt any that made my game experience worst... I play bo2 because it plays good for me, all the time mostly. Now if you wanna cry about HC, go to CORE, you won't kill your team with all the scorestreaks there. You can use the Warthog on HC and you won't get kick...

On that, have a nice 5 min propation

• 2. Re: quit probation
    starbuckfrack

RonPopeil wrote:

what an awful idea.  what game designer though it would be good to have people spend time not playing their game?  who decided we should have hardcore on nuketown or hijacked and then allow friendly fire rather than ricochet?  you want to punish people for backing out?  fine.  that's always been annoying.  punishing people for killing too many teammates?  when you don't implement ricochet and allow uncontrollable kill/score streaks to kill your own team?  hell no.  half of the awesome score streaks in this game are wasted in hardcore because you can't use them without getting kicked.  warthog?  sentry gun?  war machine/death machine?  what's the point?  you'll just get kicked for being one of the best players on the team.  so there's ~250,000 people a night not experiencing the game.  amazing there's still that many of us around to be honest.

this is one of the major flaws of this game.  what an epic blunder to boot people for x amount of time because another player wants to senselessly run around.  there's no incentive for players to mind where they're walking.  i believe this is part of the dumbing down of an already mindless game.  not that it's a problem.  everyone needs some mindless entertainment and this is my choice of subject matter.  but the result of these decisions is players who play selfishly.  tonight i had a teammate that was 0-14 shoot me in the back so he could stand in the spot i'd thought to sit in after looking at the UAV.  i was leading the team in K/D and had the most caps, defends and points.

this game used to appeal to adults as well as teens/tweens.  things like this make it more appealing for the kiddies:  which is confusing because the game has never had an ESRB rating that would allow that age group to buy it.  bring back the world at war rules.  leave the mindless thoughtless gamers who want to run around spamming SMG's in core.  let hardcore be a very difficult arena that's not for those who are prone to lapses in attention span from overdosing on mountain dew and dorritos in their parents basement.  some people liked a game where they could hide.   now you just add a perk that makes you undetectable by UAV so you can senselessly run around.  a game without logic flaws like a concrete external wall for a building can be shot through but a stack of wooden pallets can't be. really?  playing jenga with mechanical engineers makes more sense than that!

and lets not talk about lag. : |  OMG the lag.

To answer your first paragraph, sure they dont want people playing their game. That would count the players who habitually dashboard and habitually kill other players. they want to help the players that play the game RIGHT by making punishment for the guys who play the game WRONG. People like us requested punishment be put into the game against players who ruin our experience.

As for the ESRB rating, in america at least players under the age suggested ARE allowed to play the game, its just suggested to the parents that they make the decision if their kids can  buy or play the game. There is no rating in America that does not allow the kids to buy or play this game.

• 3. Re: quit probation
    RonPopeil

i've been kicked by warthog kills. 

put the sentry gun where no one walks passed?  what's the point?

so you don't experience lag but it's in every game??/

ok guy.

• 4. Re: quit probation
    RonPopeil

if you're taking credit for it in some way then you're dumb. 

1.  you shouldn't get kicked for TK in hardcore when people just run in front of you when you're shooting.  you should've asked for ricochet. 

2.  you also should've asked that friendly scorestreaks ignore friendly fire. 

3.  you can't play the game wrong.  if you're allowed to do it then the game designer left a glitch or intended the feature. 

• 5. Re: quit probation
    RonPopeil

as far as ESRB ratings, you said yourself that kids are getting the game by dragging their parents out.  so my comments stand.  it wasn't about ESRB ratings, that was an aside.  i was talking about the game pandering to immature players.

• 6. Re: quit probation
    Necaross

Well, i never saw someone get kicked from a Warthog, so i guess i'm just blind, my bad...

I always put a sentry gun in a windows or w/e near the enemy spawn so it's farther away than where teamates spawn at... If you put it inside your spawn hoping to get enemy killed, you'll most likely be kicked from it anyway...

And about the lag thing, every game experience lag, but it had NEVER affected my gaming experience, if it does for you, i feel bad for every gamer that feel the lag like you... Bo2 is great and i have nothing to complain about... I don't get matched with people from Europe or w/e unless they are in a party with someone near canada/usa, and even then i don't feel lag, but i feel sorry for you pal, really am

BO2 is GREAT!!!

• 7. Re: quit probation
    deamonomic

what developer? the ones who decide to do something about the Team killing and rage quiting players. Plenty of people play HC and never see Probation. I myself have only been on probation 1 time. You have to kill your teammates fairly often to get kicked and then put on probation. Probation doesnt spring up after 1 occurrence. Why is it that many people can easily avoid team killing to the point of probation but you cant?

• 8. Re: quit probation
    starbuckfrack

Shouldnt is your opinion.

Fact is that the game rules state that you DO get kicked. They made the game with the rules they wanted for THIS particular game.

So what you need to do is learn how to adapt to the other players on your team. Its called hardcore for a reason.

• 9. Re: quit probation
    RonPopeil

i can't watch you play.  your points are irrefutable because they're baseless. 

1 2 3 Previous Next