16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 12:25 PM by CheatKiller RSS

BO2: Then VS Now

randomness550

Do you think black ops 2 was better when it was first released? ( before all the nerfs and buffs ) Or do you think that its better now after all the nerfs and buffs? I personally enjoyed the game better when it was first released. I just think all the stuff they did to the weapons kinda ruined it.

• Re: BO2: Then VS Now
    Raketti

Most of the changes seem so insignificant i barely even notice them, and it doesn't help that i get a pretty bad connection on average which messes up the balance anyway (some weapons turn into hitmarker machines etc.).

Megadog14

I like it now, less QSers.

nicedrewishfela

Nerfs and Buffs haven't made a difference.

The fact all my friends were playing on release... and aren't now... makes all the difference.

Izjar11

nicedrewishfela wrote:

The fact all my friends were playing on release... and aren't now... makes all the difference.

What do you mean by this? I have experienced this since MW, I find new friends, some move on to the new titles others stay some curse it, I still play with two dudes from my MW days.

But a majority of friends that I played with are no more, it really hasn't affected me.

nicedrewishfela

Over the past few titles I have had a consistent group of friends, several in fact, comprising different groups I could play with at any given time. This was usually true throughout the life cycle of each game, though of course there would be ebbs and tides.

In this game, however, all those groups played at release and I always had someone to play with.  As the life cycle of this game has progressed, those folks have either moved on to other games or just aren't on as often. It does impact my enjoyment of the game, as I really enjoy playing with my friends. I have met new folks on this game, to be sure, but it just hasn't been the same this time around.

Because of this, the game isn't as much fun for me as it was at release. All of the other stuff is minor to me compared to this.

Razed88

Is it still laggy as hell?

I haven't played since February. I got the game on release and spent most of the 3 months or so trying different router/connection combinations to try to get a reliable game rather than enjoying my play time. The only weapons I noticed being very overpowered were Sub Machineguns, meaning everybody used them. I only got the first DLC (skatepark, ski resort, new SMG etc.) and it only got worse. Complete waste of money.

If you still experience

- Multiple hit markers (including headshots) on an enemy but then getting killed by one shot.

- Crazy killcams where the hit marker was 10 inches to the left of an enemy head but they still died.

- One game owning as if you were playing offline then the next game not being able to hit anybody

- 95% of the time entering games with people from different continents

- Your stats + unlocks resetting after you play an offline bots match

All with recommended settings, open NAT and even with direct connection to a modem.

Then nothing has changed since release .

If all that has been fixed then damn I'll have to dig the game out as it might be enjoyable finally.

bkblazer

I always like the game more near the end of its cycle compared to first months of release. I'm more experienced and comfortable with the game and the race for top prestige has a couple hundred thousand less opponents.

Izjar11

I find the playing better because: I got better and they (as usual) released the best maps towards the end.

Adam1234567893

I think it was way better at launch.

deamonomic

I tend to enjoy my games all throughout the time i play them, only reason i ever stop is because ive played it too much and it gets boring which isnt the games fault.

trialstardragon

some will say worse because smgs were more dominate at the beginning. Others will say now is better because the weapons are better balanced then they were at launch.

Izjar11

trialstardragon wrote:

some will say worse because smgs were more dominate at the beginning. Others will say now is better because the weapons are better balanced then they were at launch.

Funny that you mention the SMG proliferation in the beginning because thats how I felt, now at this stage of the game I am almost exclusively using SMG's to better try them.

NorcalBob

For me the game is Much Better now, and the Buff/ Nerf is not relevant at all to this perspective.  It's much better because of my map knowledge, weapon knowledge and overall better understanding of the game tactics in general.  The guns all work great and are balanced to the point that game performance is due to the player's skill almost entirely.  I am a big fan and will be playing obsessively until the next COD arrives in Nov- then See Ya BO2.

Limagren59

My experience is the same as everyone elses. I used to have very many friends that i could Party up with, but i would say that since the last DLC, there are just a handful that I see in Black ops2 that I can party up with. I feel that the game is better now, especially since there seems to be Dedicated servers every now and then which makes for smoother mulitplayer gameplay, and less lopsided latency. Ground war is mostly more playable, except for an infestation of Quickscope wannabes, which is just a part of the COD gameplay. Matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired with mismatched teams more often than not, but still enjoyable. Looking forward to Ghosts on November and XBOX one, same as every one else. Dedicated servers FTW.

CheatKiller

It's certainly not as good as it was on Multiplayer. Some of my favourite weapons (previously) are now among the worst. I wish they'd just leave it alone. The sheer amount of players using the "quick-scope" Sniper cheat is ruining the game!

As for the "Campaign" missions: it is now unplayable! I already completed the game soon after its release, but when I recently went back to it to redo missions, the screen freezes in the very first mission - preventing any further progress.

And yes, I did contact them but no joy.

At least Multiplayer is still playable..........