11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 11:11 PM by trialstardragon RSS

smaller maps

UKYank

I know takeoff is smaller than stadium but I played BO1 last night and was shocked how much larger Nuketown is than ion BO2. Are COD maps getting smaller generally?

• Re: smaller maps
    Izjar11

How is NT 1) vs NT 2) smaller?

How can you tell its so?

nicedrewishfela

They are the same size, NT and TakeOff, that is. Your movement speed is greater and the surroundings are more dense, making it feel more compact.

But yes, they did make smaller maps overall this time around.

starbuckfrack

For some reason they favor the faster type gameplay. I mean look at how small the Ghost maps are.

Yet people see how small they are and will still buy it then complain about something they already knew about.

Izjar11

starbuckfrack wrote:

For some reason they favor the faster type gameplay. I mean look at how small the Ghost maps are.

Yet people see how small they are and will still buy it then complain about something they already knew about.

thats a given!

DaShuk2381

The maps more than anything have been ruining COD in general. It's now just a small map camping SMG fest. No good maps for sniping or any open maps that require accuracy and good gunplay. Now everyone just sits in a corner with an LMG and target finder. Target finder had better not be in Ghosts, lol.

hairybubba1963

Nah, probably not. With Infinity Ward preferring the more skilled perks and attachments like OneManArmy + NubeTubes or the 30yd knife lunge. They wouldn't dream of throwing in anything as noobish as the Target Finder

ROFLMAO

deamonomic

DaShuk2381 wrote:

The maps more than anything have been ruining COD in general. It's now just a small map camping SMG fest. No good maps for sniping or any open maps that require accuracy and good gunplay. Now everyone just sits in a corner with an LMG and target finder. Target finder had better not be in Ghosts, lol.

exaggerate much

starbuckfrack

People camped in the larger maps as well.

Even though I hate campers they still are the part of any FPS game. They are still allowed to play any way they want.

If you have trouble dealing with them then its your problem.

trialstardragon

On average yes the maps have been made smaller to make rushing more favorable and camping/tactical play less in this game because of esports where fast paced action is the objective to keep the watches happy and awed over all the so called skill of the mlg players...