1 2 3 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 2:43 PM by Megadog14 RSS

Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

thebiindsniper

I keep hearing it all over YouTube, Twitter, and the rest of the internet.  Black Ops II sucks.  It's the worst MP game ever made.  Blah Blah.  I'm here to tell you, it's not.  Not by a longshot.

When the overall population of the community continued to grow during the 2012-2013 lifespan of Black Ops II, their attitudes and maturity levels were atrocious.  Things like threatening Vahn over the DSR nerf, crying over optional DLC camos, and kids playing S&D by performing 360 trickshots are samples of what I'm talking about.  I mean, for gosh sakes, people even complained about red diamonds.  How does a red colored shape cause so much butthurt?  Another thing I keep hearing about are connection issues, but I've barely had connection issues.  Why?  Because my internet wasn't DSL, my search preferences were set to "best", and my party members weren't extremely spread apart (such as people from the UK and Australia in one place).

The only complaints I personally had with the game is how quickscoping wasn't gimped, some pistols were OP, and favorite game modes like Infected didn't return.  Other than that, Black Ops II is the best multiplayer Call of Duty so far.  If you want my opinion on the worst MP game, it was MW2 (hands down), but this is where the terrible community shines once again.  Despite MW2 being extremely unbalanced and broken, they considered it to be "fun" because it offers so many noob crutches like Stopping Power, Commando, OMA+Tubing, etc.

My head hangs in shame.  I can't imagine how the community will act like when they find out quickscoping is gimped in COD: Ghosts.  My ears will be bleeding from all of the complaints.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 1. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    bkblazer

I certainly can't disagree with anything you just stated. I'm also embracing for impact with Ghosts coming. Even though my hopes are high, I am already prepared to accept it for what it is and not what it isn't.

I do think that these forums are a good place for players to vent and complain. Is it excessive? Well, there are millions of players, so I think its relative. Also need to remember that most players that post topics are fueled by anger and frustration.

There is definitely a good percentage of immature players in the community. Threats are uncalled for.

I think the annoyance of these negative attitudes has a lot to do with getting older as well.

• 2. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    starbuckfrack

That was pretty nicely said.

What I think it is is that people want a game thats 100 percent perfect for them. They expect things handed to them on a silver platter so they blame everyone else for their problems.

Like for example when someone assumes they have "15 ping to the server" and everyone else they play has less quality internet than they do.

There is hardly anything that bugs me in this game, unless you hear me yelling at the screen. If I didnt like it I would get rid of it and never look back.

• 3. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    starbuckfrack

"I think the annoyance of these negative attitudes has a lot to do with getting older as well."

I can agree with that how people cannot see someone else grow up to what they have become.

• 4. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    deamonomic

i agree with almost everything on there. Quickscoping doesnt need to be gimped anymore then it already is. supposedly only 1% of the CoD community quickscopes. Does 1% really sound like a game breaking issue? especially since quickscoping takes practice to become proficient at it, just like how me you use any other weapon in the game you get better with it.

QS isnt abusing any aim assist,

the Timer to kill with a bolt sniper is roughly the as killing someone with a SMG,

The SMG player still retains a large advantage because of the mobility the weapon gives you, 

The SMG player can strafe left and right, they can halo jump or dropshot,

The SMG player can hip fire spray at them while strafing

If the Quickscoper misses you then have the chance to kill him twice over in the time it will take him to fire again

The SMG player can turn the corner or run into a room and gun everyone down before having to reload, If the Quickscoper turns the corner and sees multiple enemies looking at him, hes beyond screwed.

------------------------------

you forgot to mention the greatest crutch in MW2... Death streaks.  MW2 in my opinion was the worst CoD in the series.

and to BK, posting while angry doesn't make it alright to insult/thorw a tantrum

• 5. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    bkblazer

deamonomic wrote:

and to BK, posting while angry doesn't make it alright to insult/thorw a tantrum

Your correct, it doesn't make it alright, but it is what happens a lot. Emotions get in the way of an intelligent and well though out post. Hopefully they're mature and man enough to correct themselves when they cool off. And if they aren't, I'll rely on you veterans to put them in their place.

• 7. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    starbuckfrack

Wait a minute.....

How can there be a quickscoper in almost every lobby but only have 1 percent of the gamers that quickscope ??

• 8. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    DjangoBlack2

thebiindsniper wrote:

Other than that, Black Ops II is the most broken multiplayer Call of Duty so far.  If you want my opinion on the worst MP game, it was MW2 (hands down), but this is where the terrible community shines once again.  Despite MW2 being extremely unbalanced and broken, they considered it to be "fun" because it offers so many noob crutches like Stopping Power, Commando, OMA+Tubing, etc.

My head hangs in shame.  I can't imagine how the community will act like when they find out quickscoping is gimped in COD: Ghosts.  My ears will be bleeding from all of the complaints.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

I corrected you. At least MW2 ran better online than **** Ops 2. I rather play a day of MW2 instead of 1 minute in Crap Ops 2.

• 9. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
    thebiindsniper

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  People giving BO2 so much hate for minimal reasons.  Bad connections always occur, even in MW2.  What makes the experience better depends on the speed of our internet and search preferences.

In addition, I would rather play Black Ops 2 instead of Modern Warfail 2.  Why?  I'll show you:

Or this (this isn't real, but it's close to the truth lol)

Super Commando Lunge. .

~RUGGED SAVIOR

1 2 3 Previous Next