23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 9:19 AM by ghamorra RSS

Change Hardcore

Patback20

So I play on hardcore alot.  I mainly play a class that uses lots of explosives.  Now I don't usually go throwing grenades willy nilly, but instead I throw them places where an enemy could be.  The problem arises when I throw a grenade and a teammate then proceeds to run towards the place I just threw it, or a teammate spawns behind the enemies I just threw them at.  Or a teammate is just hiding in a corner in enemy territory.  Or my favorite, when I kill 2 enemies and a teammate!  My point is I often get kicked because on of my explosives blows up a team member, which becomes very frustrating.  I understand its to stop people from trolling their own teammates, but it hurts us honest people, by either ruining a good run, or simply ruining the game itself.  Now I've always been a Call of Duty fan, but this is getting to the point where I am just finding the game to be a big waste of time.  So I guess what I propose is that hardcore should be changed so that explosives don't hurt your teammates.  Kill streaks, bullets, I don't care. But for a guy like me, who loves explosions, it would be nice to not have to worry about getting kicked because of collateral damage from a strategically thrown grenade.

• Re: Change Hardcore
    Patback20

And to clarify, I'm not saying its all my teammates fault; sometimes I do throw willy nilly, but its never with the malicious intent to cause grief to my teammates.

TRU11

core should solve your problem.

Necaross

Solve the grenade problem, but then you'll need to empty a clip in someone's back and get em turn around and 1 shot you with a QS, or maybe even lag? CORE is such a poor game mode, i suggest you just stick to HC and be more aware of the map where your teatmates are, even when spawn switch and such. Of course, if it's to get Calling Card, better just do it on core, then switch to HC for the rest, i stopped using Grenades on HC because teamates seems to just throw themselves at my grenades, i do use Rocket Launchers and rarey do i get kick from a game cause i killed any teamate. I see people get kicked from grenade almost every game, no matter what mode you play (Dom, KC, TDM, i don't include S&D because if you get kicked from grenade kill on S&D you have some issues ) Anyway, KC and TDM makes you spawn all around the maps, wich give you more chances to kill teamate, DOM is just random, you think no one on the opposite flag, but a teamate just pops there and you kill it, DOM is really a pure guessing game lol... Anyway GOOD luck with grenade on HC

Patback20

I don't like core.

TRU11

then learn to play HC and stop complaining.

Or stick to IW games.

you wont team kill but get yourself killed with ricochet.

adjust to the mode and dont ask for the mode to adjust to you.

phxs72

Press start before you throw your grenade and you can see where your teammates are even without a UAV.  Beyond that you will just have to learn to have better map awareness or stop throwing grenades blindly.  I understand that you think that you are being tactical but throwing grenades when you don't know if your teammate is around the corner is just being careless.

Kothar44

Thank you

Patback20

I sometimes do (press start), but for the most part, its a luxury I don't have.  And its not like I just throw down random hallways.  When I throw down a hallway, eight times out of ten, I get an enemy because I do it when I'm running in the direction that the enemy is coming from.  I find that when I do in fact get a teammate, its generally that they are the ones who spawned in the enemy territory.  Not their fault, but not mine either.  I've been through the same situation plenty of times and its just eh.

MrZombieClowns

Do you think it'd be easier for 3arc to change their coding, or for you to change your play style?

Try c4, it gives you more time to reconsider.

Patback20

I know they can't just up and change their coding.  That was more of a suggestion for future games.  Even then I understand that making explosives and, as I'm learning, killstreaks not kill teammates would kill the function of hardcore, but so does creating a game mode, where it is possible to kill your teammates and then punishing those who do so accidentally.  Really I'd be quite fine with HC being like in MW3 where the damage ricocheted back to you.  Teammate doesn't die, and you can continue to play the same game.

sennalike

I only play HC Dom so I understand what you're saying.  I don't use grenades for this very reason.  But I do use sentry guns and occasionally a team mate will get caught in cross fire.  It's frustrating if you get kicked for it, but it is also what hardcore is all about.  Start making changes like allowing explosives or score streaks not to harm team mates then you start to take away the essence of what hardcore is about.

Patback20

Damn, I didn't even know about score streaks till I read your post.  But I do agree with you that making those things not kill teammates would kill HC, but when its something you have little to no control over.  I mean heck, the explosive radius of the grenades, coupled with the low life in HC makes it so that just being close enough to the grenade, without flak jacket, kills you instantly.  Honestly, I just wish they would have adopted the ricochet effect from MW3 instead.

boshua1987

lightning strike always gets me booted. hardcore is better but uve got to be quick on your toes. and i hate people that just chuck grenades basically noob toobing till the get kicked. either way **** game now

Patback20

That's what i like about hardcore, the quick on your toes factor.  And I do understand about people chucking grenades randomly; I have been both killed and killer from that, but it was a learning experience when I was doing it, as I had really just started on HC, so when it happens to me, I just figure its the same for others.

Alky6

I toss grenades and emp's quite often, but as a rule I push the start button first to look at the map and see where my teammates are.  For example when you sneak up on the building in Turbine which has the big gun in it, there's usually bad guys in there, to makes sure I push the start button, if none of my guys are in there, I let loose with the grenades.

Reload_54

I personally hate getting killed by team grenades when I am close to a high kill streak. I run grenades and c4 but I don't just throw a grenade without a UAV up. I think you could learn to be a little more careful. I especially hate the teammates willy nilly throwing EMPS all over the place destroying team sentry guns and then the same players wonder why we lost.

• Re: Re: Change Hardcore
      mark_666_

Players that destroy equipment concuss and flash team mates is by far the biggest pain in the arse, because there's no penalty, don't get me started on care pakcage thievery.............

chard1027

had a guy last night in a round doing that to everyone.....I hear all these canisters being thrown behind me and of course I think it's an enemy. I turn around and it's a friggin team mate! "Team mate" being too kind of a term for someone like that, of course.

Patback20

I don't use EMPs.  If I'm going for equipment removal, its black hat for me.  And sure, I could be a bit more careful, but hoping that I or a teammate gets a UAV before I throw any grenades seems to be a bit ridiculous for my play style.  I don't sit back and throw grenades.  I constantly move towards the enemy spawn as I'm doing it.

nastymonsters

just take friendly fire out of hardcore.leave everything else the same..i don't see any point in it

ghamorra

Don't throw grenades?

This is the nature of HC, they're not going to change the gamemode because you don't know how to play. You have to  know where your team is at all times, that's an important aspect of being successful in HC. Instead of throwing frag grenades throw stuns or concussion grenades. There are alternatives out there. Adapt to HC or don't play it.