8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 1:40 PM by UndreamtStone RSS

leave lobby

UndreamtStone

I have left lobby played a different game and still when I come back it throws me into same lobby with people I do not want to play with...and there are 1200 plus players...what gives...have even blocked all communication with those I do not wish to play with...I feel that they are too good to be true...there I did not call them cheaters...so what other options do I have...lol...none...right

• Re: leave lobby
    Momba1

Blocking simply means they, the Blocked Player(s), cannot join you in-game or in-lobby. IF you want a different lobby then you can quit BUT you'll have to wait a while, up to a few minutes, before joining or re-joining a particular game type lobby. For an immediate new game change playlists e.g. go from DOM to DEM, etc. Otherwise Matchmaking will spam Rage Quitters right back where they left.

Choices:

1. Wait a few minutes
    2. Change Playlists
    UndreamtStone

yea...I did all that...that's what I am saying...when I got done with the other game and went back to join a lobby...no matter what I did ended up in same lobby with same people each and every time...happened about 10 times this am....there were over 1 thousand players but their lobby was only one that I got thrown into....and the pings were bs....I played other games each time...then went back to tdm...lol...go figure...was like they were the only lobby

Momba1

Then your version of a few minutes and mine are different, and again Rage Quitting mid-game will indeed spam you right back until the game is finished. I already listed the 'choices' above. I see players when they see me and/or my party pop in and out all of the time because they simply cannot help themselves but to try to join, and when I see them I 'try' to tell them to wait a couple-few minutes and try again, etc...

Obmar

I am guessing you own a very particular DLC combination and or have a low ping preference. The result is that since they are the only guys playing exactly what you own you will always end up with them for that playlist. Like Momba1 said try switching playlists it should be impossible to end up with them that way. Another option is to increase search preference or if you really want to buy season pass to increase the matchmaking pool.

UndreamtStone

I pre ordered season pass so I have everything ....and playing in other maps like hc...when game was done it seemed 10 games or more I was being thrown in with same people...I played hc and went back after that match and still same folks...lol...first time it has happened that many times...thank you for your responses

Momba1

Look at the 'numbers of players' in a particular 'play list' and IF it's very low e.g. <200 players then sure you're going to see the same players and/or in combination over and over. The greatest variety and also the hardest is as a Random, I'm typically in a Party and yeah I know almost all of them (opposing players...often they're friends). IF I purely want 'variety' then it's time for a different game type if the numbers are very low.

Interestingly enough the latest DLC has, for whatever reason, caused the number of players to go down with the exception of some 2XP ... or at least I noticed less and less of my friends playing BO2. The game has been on life-support for several months, variety and sheer numbers has gone way down. Therefore, on many game types yep it's the same groups of players.

Personally, I only have a handful of people blocked and the only statistic that means anything to me isn't the KDR (to a point) it's a VAC Ban particularly when coupled with a high KDR Combat Record. Settings were mentioned and unless the 'plan' is to Lobby Hijacking my ping rate is otherwise set to 100 ms.

Another option is to Party-up with a bunch of friends and that alone changes the dynamics of the game ... except FFA or any game type that prohibits 'parties.'

Killbook

Change your search preferences to any and this'll be less likely to happen.

UndreamtStone

I play on pc...any isn't an option...but thanx....I can go as low as 40 or as high as 300...I usually stay at 70 unless with a group then raise a little....but that puts me in lobbies of 300-400 ping....and I usually play with at least 1200 players on