18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 3:59 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

Kill quick scoping in ghosts

zombies4lyfe

It ruined blops 2. Snipers out gun AR"s even shot guns up close. Please fix this, it makes me so angry when little kids ruin this game with quick scoping.

Please eliminate this faze trick shotting clan bull crap. Its people like these that ruin this game, and make new players not want to play it, because its such an unrealistic shooter for how good the graphics are.

1: make the maps bigger, with a zoom in time twice as slow as black ops 2.

2: or simply make aiming in how it was in blops 1.

3: I cant enjoy this game anymore as long as quick scopers rule it. Please fix this asap, the quick scoping needs to end.

4: option 4 is to make the rifle actually weigh 50 pounds + so you cant run fast with it.

• Re: Kill quick scoping in ghosts
    iivrruummii

zombies4lyfe wrote:

It ruined blops 2. Snipers out gun AR"s even shot guns up close. Please fix this, it makes me so angry when little kids ruin this game with quick scoping.

It ruined the BO2 FOR YOU, not me and many other people.  Any gun can out gun any other gun in many different situations.  It makes you so angry that you cannot kill them?  Makes sense why people like you hate quickscopers, because you are just plain getting out played.

Please eliminate this faze trick shotting clan bull crap. Its people like these that ruin this game, and make new players not want to play it, because its such an unrealistic shooter for how good the graphics are.

There has been trickshotting since CODs early days(COD2/3).  There are worse things ruining the game other than trickshotters and quickscopers.  New players may not like the game for many other reasons before this.  As for it being unrealistic, it is a video game and we are still years away from having video games being so realistic that you would break a leg if you fall and can no longer walk.  The game has to keep some unrealistic characteristics to keep the game playable.  And just because graphics get better doesn't mean that the game becomes more and more realistic.

1: make the maps bigger, with a zoom in time twice as slow as black ops 2.

Making the maps bigger will not stop quickscoping.  The ADS time on BO2 was around 2 times faster than on MW3.

2: or simply make aiming in how it was in blops 1.

People still praise BO ADS because it basically made snipers useless and were too hard to use compared to the ARs.  The Famas and Galil were nerfed many times and were still easier to get kills with.

3: I cant enjoy this game anymore as long as quick scopers rule it. Please fix this asap, the quick scoping needs to end.

If you are having such a big problem with quickscopers you should just quit gaming.  Quickscoping doesn't need to end, it is more of the people that hate it should just move on to something else because those people what people to play the game how they want people to play.

4: option 4 is to make the rifle actually weigh 50 pounds + so you cant run fast with it.

This wouldn't change anything.

Old__Tymer

Good on IW if they stop the Quick Scope BS of BO2, the aim assist the ADS time is not just the problem of sniping, it is also the absolute garbage kills that happen from snipers. Having a sniper rifle in BO2 is like having a shotgun that can shoot the entire length of the map. I don't understand how the hit detection of AR & SMG's can be so different to the Snipers, I constantly find that I get no hitmarkers when aiming and firing at an enemy with an AR or SMG but then I can get an instant kill with a sniper rifle across the map when even I think it should have missed. It may be just the terrible lag comp of this game or the terrible hit detection that 3arc is so well known for.

Either way bring on Ghosts.

PS. IW keep some form of League Play for not just teams.

iivrruummii

People are complaining about BO2 quickscoping yet in MW2 and MW3 it was much easier.  There is a big difference between snipers and shotguns, one that can get accurate kills with hipfire and one that has a very high chance of missing.

The hit detection with ARs and SMGs is just as bad as snipers; if you play hardcore you can easily see this.  I can miss my target with an AR and still get an aim assist kill.  Lag comp isn't as big as a problem as people think it is.  It is more of the other programs in the game such as theater that is making connections have drastically longer pings.

As I have said in many previous quickscoping threads,  IW/3arc/ATVI just need to implement a TrueSkill ranking system to all playlists and this would drastically decrease quickscoping.  There is a reason why people don't only quickscope in tournaments and that is because it is not a viable situation.

Tomahawn

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that quick scoping is still in the game, it`s just much more difficult.

The bad news is that most of the sniper rifles will almost never get a single hit marker.

So basically there will be much less quick scoping but if someone has enough skill to quick scope, they will probably abolish.

Adam1234567893
    1. All assault rifles got out gunned by all the other guns the AN-94 and M8A1 were the only ones that stood a chance.
    2. It's a video game doesn't have to be realistic besides Call of Duty is an Arcade FPS so fun is it's priority not realism if you want realism join the army or go play Arma it's a Military Simulator.
    3. Yes we all want bigger maps so I actually agree with you on that however when it comes to quickscoping you were able to do it in MW2 so bigger maps don't destroy it.
    4. The aiming in Black Ops 1 was better then Black Ops 2 but it took it a step too far I suggest adding flinch and removing aim assist and adding sway that way it will be better aiming that takes skill.
    5. You haven't played Ghosts and they only rule Black Ops 2 then again none of the guns took skill to use especially shotguns and smgs. The Lmgs and launchers and assault rifles and grenade launcher attachments took more skill then the smgs and shotguns and snipers to use which was sad and confusing.
    6. Or they can make it where it's the same as the Assault Rifles run speed.

Seriously though you need to learn to adapt and stop being a control freak who complains about everything. I mean it's pretty sad when quickscopers already stopped posting complaints and yet you anti-quickscopers still keep the matter going I mean seriously give it a rest Infinity Ward already said they made it harder to do. Players like you seem to ruin Call of Dutys more then any other player learn to adapt I mean why should everyone else have to adapt to your play style when you aren't willing to adapt to theirs? I mean who are you garbage players going to target next? Campers? Rushers? Runner n Gunners even though they are no longer in the game cause the small maps? Tactical Players? Demolition Experts? Snipers? Seriously if it's not one thing you are complaining about it's another and yet I see people like you telling other people who complain about your play style to learn to adapt that's sad learn to adapt and definitely grow up.

iivrruummii

I think this pretty much sums up everything about what this community thinks about certain things.

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Seriously though you need to learn to adapt and stop being a control freak who complains about everything. I mean it's pretty sad when quickscopers already stopped posting complaints and yet you anti-quickscopers still keep the matter going I mean seriously give it a rest Infinity Ward already said they made it harder to do. Players like you seem to ruin Call of Dutys more then any other player learn to adapt I mean why should everyone else have to adapt to your play style when you aren't willing to adapt to theirs? I mean who are you garbage players going to target next? Campers? Rushers? Runner n Gunners even though they are no longer in the game cause the small maps? Tactical Players? Demolition Experts? Snipers? Seriously if it's not one thing you are complaining about it's another and yet I see people like you telling other people who complain about your play style to learn to adapt that's sad learn to adapt and definitely grow up.

zombies4lyfe

I cant believe some of you people. I adapt to every new cod and I do well in them all.

I'm a competitive player, most of the time im on the top of the leaderboards, But when this bull crap quick scoping ruins any type of gun fight, long medium or close its always quick scoping. I truly blame the quick scoping on the creators for not making the maps large enough for snipers to actually sniper correctly.

But either way, the people just complaining to me about how quick scoping should still be here, are just the people that quick scope them selves so don't bother posting useless messages back to me.

Remember this is a forums to discuss what we feel is an issue with call of duty, if you feel something needs a change, go make your own thread.

Adam1234567893

If you are top of the leader board all the time then why are you complaining? Also the problem isn't quickscoping it's aim assist and lag there you go the two main problems with one shot weapons. And there you go with your "you are a 6 year old quickscoper" insults again lol seriously you are no better then the quickscopers that you complain about when it comes to maturity. Seriously if you aren't going to keep an open mind then stopping spamming the threads with your anti-quickscoping threads cause there is already thousands of them. I am a tactical player so nice try cause I don't quickscope you almost made me look bad congrats but I hate to burst your bubble the people arguing with you very little of them are even quickscopers themselves considering there hasn't been an more immature then you post yet.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

If you really are competitive then you would know that quickscopers are pretty much free kills. If you are having problems with them then you are not as skilled as you claim to be.

You can claim you are competitive and on top of the leaderboards when you're the sole 1 KD player in a lobby full of 0.5 KD feeders.

Firesens

Adam, when Ghosts release and Sniping is more complex, and harder to do I hope you will say "Learn to Adapt." to the people that will ***** about it being much harder to do and that quickscoping wont be as common and not as easy.

Fruity_Pops

you ever heard of a comma ?

Seph009

Honestly, unless I'm using a shotgun and get a shitmarker I'm proud of a guy if he can quickscope me. To further drill that point home I have a 2.3 KD so I barely die to people in the first place.