25 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 8:42 AM by DuskShotzz RSS

Quisckoping is unrealistic? read this!

RazerDeadBullet

people moan 24/7 about quickscoping being cheating,glitching,aim assist abuse and/or lag abuse.

and many people want the game to be real.

If you want real then your gonna get destroyed by shotgunners, Why you ask? real world shotguns have an effective range of 100-150. some shotguns have less and some have more.

if your want to realism them you will have buff shotguns to a point where they WILL be a one hit kill across most of the maps call of duty makes.

The choice is yours, let quickscopers be or want things to be real and buff the shotguns to a point where it will be super op, choose!

• Re: Quisckoping is unrealistic? read this!
    Megadog14

So you want to make shotguns like snipers are now?

RazerDeadBullet

my point is people need to stop crying that quicsckoping isnt real, if they want real they will need to put shotguns in godmode to make them real

LifeSong1

Quickscoping is an unintended consequence of the game. It was not supposed to be there and the developers don't want it there thus they are removing it. Sure, it isn't realistic in the least (like a lot of features in the game) but it isn't due to it being unrealistic, it is because it is doing something that was not intended.

RazerDeadBullet

LOL stupid comment, they didnt mean too yeah but IW dont want to remove it, treyarch do but everyone hates treyarch so dont matter

Izjar11

LifeSong1 wrote:

Quickscoping is an unintended consequence of the game.

QSping was added by Treyarch on purpose or are you referring to IW?

LifeSong1

MW2 had quick scoping

BO removed/nerfed it

MW3 added quick scoping back in

BO2 has quick scoping similar to the end result of BO where it was slightly easier than when BO originally launched.

I'm not sure about WaW and MW. You claim it was added on purpose by Treyarch? Can you find me any details of where it actually claims that? It was not added on purpose, it was a unintended consequence from showing the scope very accurately too early and thus they didn't even have to pull up the scope all the way to get an acurate snipe. That was not the intention of adding the scope. Thus, BO tried to change this by adding more sway.

I highly doubt that they sat in a meeting and said we need to add support for a new phenomenon called "quick scoping" into our games. Yes, MW3 and BO2 chose to allow it, but that doesn't mean it was ever intended to work the way it does, they just haven't come up with a good solution to fix it...until Ghosts at least.

Izjar11

Its funny that you say they did not "intended" it, they created the game with the specifics to do it (that's your proof) but in the reveal trailer on minute 2:15, its clear the guy comes out of the tunnel with DSR and the anti sway attachment and zooms in quickly enough to kill the one guy.

I think as you say they allowed it, and they added attachments to the sniper class to make it effective. If they really did not want Qsping at all they would have continued with what they did with BO

Megadog14

While it was originally unintended, in BO2 it was definitely meant to be a part of the game, otherwise it would've been similar to BO1.

amathyx

you people always beg for proof whenever people say it's intended (which it obviously is considering it's in the game - you don't just not see things like this coming, especially when comparing it to black ops 1) when you provide nothing proving that it's an "unintended consequence"

and quickscoping is not a "new phenomenon"

it has been a part of the fps genre since probably long before you ever joined

it was also in cod4, so infinity ward obviously made a conscious choice to have it in mw2 and mw3

the only reason infinity ward would ever touch sniping is to push the idea of the marksmanship rifles, which if they end up being as strong as they have the possibility to be, are going to be a lot worse

LifeSong1

Your argument of "it's in the game and thus it is intended" is not a very good argument. That means that glitch spots such as being out of the map were intended, lag is intended, boosting is intended, etc.  Just because you can do it in the game does not mean it is intended or what they want. You obviously aren't a programmer of any sort or you would know this.

Yes, quickscoping has been around a long time. Yes, BO2 added it back in and didn't put it just like BO1 and thus they may have intentionally added it back in to BO2, but the concept behind quickscoping is most likely not intended. The intention was that you would pull up the scope, actually aim and look through the scope, and not manipulate it so that the bullet is 100% accurate when the gun is not even pulled up all the way.

amathyx

glitching, lag, and boosting are separate entities entirely, this is really grasping at straws trying to find an argument

really this entire post is just grasping at straws and filled with irrelevant assumptions

unless you have anything other than "i think this isn't intentional" then i can't see the point of making a serious response

iivrruummii

Quickscoping evolved with the series.  I wasn't changed until BO which just ruined the snipers all together.  Now since then everyone wants that sniping back because it was so EASY to kill snipers because they were at an extreme disadvantage in nearly every situation, even long ranges.

Megadog14

That's probably because the BO1 snipers were a lot weaker than the BO2 snipers.

trialstardragon

BO1 did not ruin snipers they made them take a little more skill to use and do well. Anyone that used them traditionally from past games had no problems using them and getting kills and going positive in a match. The only people that cried it was ruined was QS/TS/Feeders; aka Optic and Faze and their fanbois.

darkslayer54

Call me weird, but the snipers in BO1 were by far my most favorite out of any CoD game. The L96 and PSG really forced me to switch to my pistol after most shots, and I loved that. In CoD's such as MW2 I really couldn't enjoy them because I found them way too easy... must have used the snipers 5-6 times, and I remember getting an Emergency Airdrop in FFA with the Barret. I probably got owned the other 4-5 matches, I don't really remember anymore, but even a single high end killstreak ruined the fun of the snipers.

I always like to struggle with the snipers, so that they force me to take it slow and think about strategies. Heck, even BO2 snipers feel too easy and unsatisfying...

One thing that I noticed about BO1 snipers was, that with Steady Aim on average 3 out of 5 shots would go directly in the center of the screen. This made it pretty easy to cheese plenty of enemies from close/medium range... but even with that I feel like it was much more challenging than MW2/MW3/BO2.

Izjar11

RazerDeadBullet wrote:

people moan 24/7 about quickscoping being cheating,glitching,aim assist abuse and/or lag abuse.

and many people want the game to be real.

If you want real then your gonna get destroyed by shotgunners, Why you ask? real world shotguns have an effective range of 100-150. some shotguns have less and some have more.

if your want to realism them you will have buff shotguns to a point where they WILL be a one hit kill across most of the maps call of duty makes.

The choice is yours, let quickscopers be or want things to be real and buff the shotguns to a point where it will be super op, choose!

1st: nothing about this game is meant to be real.

2nd: nothing will be changed in this game based on a few who complain.

Dforums

100-150 what?  Feet yes.  Yards no.  Shot is not effective at 100-150 yards. But I don't really want to argue realism, but what you posted is bull. 

iivrruummii

I agree.

Make Quickscoping harder and make shotguns shoot easily to 100 yards.  A slug much further than that.

coldstreamer1286

the only way u would get a 100 meter plus kill with a shot gun is if u are using a solid slug

anything firing either buckshot or pellet has a drastic reduction weather sawn off or standard size barrel

LoadingAvg. Number of Hits
    (
    Full sized humanoid target) injuries on target
    50 Yards75 Yards
    27 pellet 4 buck103
    34 pellet 4 buck62
    16 pellet 1 buck62
    20 pellet 1 buck74
    9 pellet 00 buck31
    12 pellet 00 buck42
    8 pellet 000 buck10

these stats re from a US shotgun company

the realism of some of your post`s razer are drastically understated and lack back up for any argument, the same as ur sniper comment which we argued so please if your gonna start a post atleast do some reserch to back up your argument

HAPPY HUNTING

trialstardragon

No actually they dont have to let QS be or make SG do as you said. They can completely remove QS and not have to change SG's at all.

DuskShotzz

Quickscoping realistic, You STUPID? Do you see real life people run around with a sniper in the middle of SMG's and AR's Teleporting everywhere like holding a knife shooting super bullets with precise accuracy without even being zoomed in and focused on the target? Its an unintended thing. It isn't balanced. Shotguns are balanced however i'am better unzoomed with the ksg than zoomed lol.