14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 5:21 PM by boybad RSS

What would you want IF there was a Zombies only game.

squity123

I'm not saying there will be a Z only game but this would be awesome as so many fans would ask for it. I'd want...

• Zombie Campaign (Missions to do on maps like the Ancient rituals thing on Origins)
  • Customize Character (Like on Ghosts but they have a preset quotes 1-8 depending on gender or player number)
  • Map Maker (Like in CoD WaW but you develop them on the PC and best ones get ported over in DLC packs with added Treyarch stuff or just download individually)
  • 2-8 co-op mode player maps (Allowing hectic maps)
  • Old WaW, BO & BOII maps free if downloaded already (Pay back to the fans of the series)
  • More modes..

• Re: What would you want IF there was a Zombies only game.
    timelordalex

map maker/editor on console, no use just being made on PC and ported as all should be playable on console

Yankeephil

How about more options in "Custom" Zombies. Instead of just difficulty and dogs on some maps

AlteredVista

It would take me a long time to answer this question. When you are talking about removing campaign and multiplayer there better be a lot of improvements to zombies...I don't think this will ever happen. If you look at population statistics multiplayer is still more popular than zombies and when the game first came out it wasn't even close. As Black Ops 2 dies out more people will be going to zombies and less to multiplayer, but even now there are still a lot more people playing Multiplayer. They are trying to sell a game and removing multiplayer would alienate a ton of people. Especially after they put so much focus into league play and competitive. A zombies only cod is extremely unlikely.

PeterPanzer903

But Multiplayer has way more options, customization, game modes etc. I think if they did the zombies mode like they do the Multiplayer it'd bring in a whole lot more people. I know quite a few people that are heavy into MP that say zombies just gets boring because of the limitations in the number of maps, options in game, and lack of customization. It's the competitiveness that zombies lacks that keeps a lot of people away. Grief was decent, but make it a little more competitive whether it be with a revamped ranking system with unlockabeles, or loadouts/customization. If zombies gave more incentives more people would play. It's what keeps people playing MP.

PeterPanzer903

An actual campaign. Maps that are "beatable". Once the EE is complete it ties into the next map, sorta what they failed at with the BO2 intro cutscenes. Maybe an end scene, then unlocks the new map. Once a map is unlocked you have the option to play normal survival. We need more custom options, WAAAYYY more!! Like what we will be getting with the UGX Mod. Wonder Weapons only, gun game, asthetic changes etc. Didn't see the point in calling it "custom" in BO2 if all you could change is difficulty, perks/no perks/PAP, and hellhounds.

I'm not to concerned with customizing the character, although I it was included I'd welcome it.

A map editor would be nice. Consoles as well as PC. Like what Halo did with the Forge mode. Comminity downloads for whichever maps, set into different categories; highest rated, most popular etc.

Main thing I'd like to see though is the campaign. Most all of us like the story and doing the Easter Eggs, expand upon that.

LOLQ

****, if I created the zombies only game, I would take what players want, complain about and I would immediately fix it/add it if it is really reasonable.

PeterPanzer903

If only that's the way the gaming community worked. Treyarch is the worst about it too. They say they listen to fans, but I disagree. They may listen to the fans, but it isn't the majority, they may listen to the few people that want the things that make no sense, while the majority of us are over here complaining about leaderboards, storyline plot holes, custom games options, and a few other things. They don't listen to those grievances, even though 80% of the community are all asking for these very same things. Instead they listen to that 20% that wants dumb ****....makes no sense

RichRob

Total map customization. I want to put what guns appears in the box, how many box locations, what perks I want on the map, how much the box cost, what drops appears and the drop rate of each and how many drops appear a round. How much each door cost, how much each wall weapon cost. I want to be able to pick the starter weapon. Greif on each map, all maps that have been made so far, and four new maps.The last thing I would want is to pick which crew I want to play with, O4, new crew, CIA, or CDC.

I Would like a juke box with a ton of songs on it. 1000 point per track. Help with the boredom of holding zombies.

JD-ILLusiONS-JD

I would want to get rid of all the idiots on these forums , that keep asking for **** but doesn't understand that disks have limited space and consoles have limited resources.

As for next gen consoles just wait and see what they have in store for us. If you don't like it go cry in a corner somewhere.

Killbook
    • A campaign
    • A spec ops (Like survival or a certain goal or something like Modern Warfare spec ops but with zombies.)
    • Multiplayer ( Something like Grief, Turned, but not exactly like them, something where they have their own though out modes. )
    • Free roam ( Where you can roam around a large landscape with thousands of never ending zombies while playing with people you meet or you can assemble a team of your own. )
    • Safe house ( When you play, you'll get ranked up and earn XP and blood money and you can spend that money on guns, armor, guards, food, etc in your safe house)
    • Theater ( Watch recent or shared game clips. )
    • Custom Games ( The option to be able to create your own maps or play others with given tools so it's not as hard to make like WAW maps. )
    Group115

Many different maps and other modes that add to the replay value of zombie. Expanding on what KillBook said what in an free roam world it could link to other maps and maybe their could be different groups of survivors that you could control. Like one group;s base is in a city so when you select them your safe house is in a free roam city. Then in the city you could play the maps. Like their would be a story that basically takes you to new maps from places in the city. Like finding a teleporter could take you to a map. All of these map links would unlock as you progress. Then you can switch to other survivor groups who live in different places and explore that place in free roam with a different story and new map links. Eventually all survivors would meet up in a final level...

boybad

Larger maps, something like tranzit without fog.

8 players in one co-op game, headset traffic but i think it would be cool.

Custom Map Tools on consoles, this will be difficult but hay Tony Hawk managed.

Clean and Fear Leaderbords, wouldn't hold my breath.