1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next 494 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 1:36 PM by BruteXL Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 410. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    surridge1990

The map is nothing new, its called Chasm (think thats how you spell it), IW released gameplay on this map the same time as they were showing off the Blitz gamemode, think it was shown in their gamescon livestream.

• 411. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    candyslexia

surridge1990 wrote:

Speaking to Eurogamer, Infinity Ward’s senior community manager Tina Palacios said that the team is aware that they have to “cater to a couple of different types of gameplay and players in their habits,” which means taking into account people who “love to fight in close quarters, but we needed a big map.”

Paragraph below the first picture on eurogamers article, direct copy and paste.

The quoted part in italics concerns me a little, well more to the point the last 3 (including a) words. A BIG MAP, I look at those words and straight away think singular, I really hope that we will be getting more than one big map with this game, the last thing this game needs is more BO2 sized cluster**** style maps constantly rotating round and round 24/7.

Please please please include more than one descent sized map, even if you cant give away any specific details could you at least confirm whether there will be more than one big map.

Just to add the pictures of stonehaven look very nice, I for one cant wait to give it a try.

RE: "a big map" - she was just discussing how Stonehaven was developed into it's final state. When Ghosts is released I hope you'll agree that we've put a lot of thought into the variety of our maps =)

• 412. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    trialstardragon

That would be a nice change from the past couple of games that has come out with ever growing smaller maps it felt like.

• 413. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    RunAndGun1

That's great news, Candy. I am even more excited about Ghosts now. The variety of maps, and map sizes, is one of the most important features in my decision on whether to buy Ghosts or not. I know there are a lot of players who like very small maps. But, there are a lot of us who like large maps, as well as a variety. Sometimes I like the caffeinated action of small maps. But, I also like matches where I take a more strategic approach to playing. And you can only apply strategy on larger maps.

Thank you. I am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief with that bit of information. And Stonehaven looks very, very cool.

Cheers!!

• 414. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    maccabi

Out of the maps i've played so far..

Octane and strikezone at first look pretty small but when you actually play they seem a lot bigger (plus you have two maps in one with strikezone)

Whiteout is just sublime its a big map without feeling big with alot of dead space you're close to the action without feeling your spawning right into a clusterfug constantly,, I discovered this weekend too there's a few really good spots you can get up high and have great overviews of the area to snipe from

chasm got to play for the first time this weekend , i'll be honest first time i played it i hated it as i kept getting lost as its a very confusing map. But few games later once i got my bearings  its probably my favourite ghosts map now theres so many routes to objectives, paths to take and about three games in i then discovered there was an entire other level to the map id completely missed earlier , which was then why we didn't lose a single game of blitz rest of the day 

Im very picky with maps but can honestly report from what ive seen so far alot of thought has gone into the maps we've played , they all cater to different play styles well and from the game modes we have tried all work really well. Although i will add there is one spot on octane when you're playing blitz that became a campers paradise for people protecting their portal. its a balcony area you cant actually get a clear shot of the person on without being fully exposed and cannon fodder.

But found priming a 9 bang fully and throwing it before running cured that problem as did climbing into the building from the front and stabbing said camper

• 415. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    Izjar11

Maccabi

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a question:

When you compare the speed of BO2 and Ghost do they feel about the same or is Ghost slower or faster?

• 416. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    Izjar11

Allot of players (here) complain that the maps are too small ( I do not share their view) but would you say when you play BO2 vs Ghost maps, are they generally larger / similar sized?

Im just curious, personally I enjoy all size maps (except hijack!)

• 417. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    RunAndGun1

Thanks for the good news, maccabi.

Being able to choose from different playstyles is one characteristic that was missing in BO2 - in my opinion. Ninety-five percent of the maps in BO2 fall under the category of "microscopic" to me. I will NOT miss playing BO2 - ever. I will never play it again.

Chasm looks like a good map to me from what I've seen in the videos. From what you and Candy have said, Ghosts is looking better everyday. Despite other opinions I've heard - and we all have them - IW is my favorite COD developer. Treyarch has lost all respect from me. They will have to pull a rabbit out their hat before I consider them viable again.

Anyway, I'm excited for Ghosts. Thanks for all of your wisdom and shared information. You're doing a great service with the information you've provided here in the forums.

• 418. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    maccabi

Izjar11 wrote:

Maccabi

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a question:

When you compare the speed of BO2 and Ghost do they feel about the same or is Ghost slower or faster?

hmm I cant really give a definitive answer as we only had a few things unlocked to play with so obviously i would assume some gun perk combos would allow greater or lesser speed but.. from a gameplay point of view having tried out everything i could, its def closer to mw3 than bo2 . I didnt feel like i was sluggish at all when running around and didn't feel i was being penalized for choosing a specific weapon its hard to explain in words but it just felt balanced alot better than previous cods have done .

• 419. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
    maccabi

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Thanks for the good news, maccabi.

Being able to choose from different playstyles is one characteristic that was missing in BO2 - in my opinion. Ninety-five percent of the maps in BO2 fall under the category of "microscopic" to me. I will NOT miss playing BO2 - ever. I will never play it again.

octane is a good map to explain the playstyle thing as its probably the smallest map out of all of them we have access to apart from strikezone .I've had quite a few games on it now on various game modes and using different weapons (and yes before anyone asks one cranked game where i only used the shotgun )

so the map plays great if you run round with an smg , lots of good points to jump out and whack the other team, but you go out into the open and boom you're going to get taken out by a sniper from across the map (good tip for anyone who likes "proper" sniping there's some great spots to snipe from with great  sightlines on all the maps ive played that aren't at first obvious .)

All the sniping spots can be accessed by a few routes so if you prefer run and gun you have the option to get right into the other teams side and wreck havoc.

If you're more of an ar fan you dont feel like your out gunned by either snipers or smgs, and if like me you sometimes want to just kick back and have a laugh the shotgun was a blast pun intended as was the shield.

Blitz on octane was just awesome that game mode lends itself to a team with people using various play styles overall id honestly say if we dont see alot of different playstyles and weapons being used in game id be really surprised.

1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next