30 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2013 3:24 PM by trialstardragon RSS

What is up with these "trappers" lately?

geoblime

Not sure why but the last month or so I've had a rash of players trapping me into cover and corners. I use the term trap because I can't think of anything else to describe what's happening. I'll be against a wall with cover or a 90 deg. angle like in hijacked or nuke and a player will purposely corner me in with no where to go and no escape....until some one comes and kills us both. Is this a form of boosting? Obviously this is in core or I'd just knife them. It's getting damn annoying. I've reported a few but any one else have this problem?

• Re: What is up with these "trappers" lately?
    deamonomic

its called trolling. They are doing it to annoy because they find it funny

BamBoozeLLed

There has probably been a increase due to all the threads around here acknowledging it spurring them on knowing they are successfully bothering people...

deamonomic

BamBoozeLLed wrote:

There has probably been a increase due to all the threads around here acknowledging it spurring them on knowing they are successfully bothering people...

trolls have always been there. I highly doubt what goes on in these forums really has an impact on them.

BamBoozeLLed

I think this would be a hub for trollers to troll on (as we have seen) Im not saying its single handedly responsible for the "Increase" that this player has mentioned but posts like this dont help to stop them. They do enjoy reading posts like these and I can see that acting as encouragement. Btw my post was suppose to be in response to the op not a reply to you.

geoblime

Sorry, not my intention to perpetuate this completely idiotic behavior. This hasn't happened to me at all until the last month or so. Just seems to be happening a lot more as of late.

Did the crazy ward release a bunch of people and hand a copy of BO2 on the way out? The quality of players in all aspects of the game seems to have dropped considerably in the last three months. I'm no premier player but I play the objectives, provide cover fire, watch team mates backs, don't team kill for care packages, etc. Ya know, how the game should be played...and I'm a solo player.

It seems to be going the other way for a lot of players. This trolling crap is one example. "Let's go ruin some one else's game". Never understood this mentality.

deamonomic

BamBoozeLLed wrote:

I think this would be a hub for trollers to troll on (as we have seen) Im not saying its single handedly responsible for the "Increase" that this player has mentioned but posts like this dont help to stop them. They do enjoy reading posts like these and I can see that acting as encouragement. Btw my post was suppose to be in response to the op not a reply to you.

in all actuality there are very very few threads like this

BamBoozeLLed

Still doesnt help. I have seen more then a few so by you saying there are VERY VERY few is just you trolling, back off you understood my point.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Deamon is right. There are very few trappers/trolls. I have a PM account and I never experienced a trapper on it and it took me 8 prestiges on the other one before I encountered my first. That's like a total of 19 prestiges for one troll.

BamBoozeLLed

SO just because you didnt run into to any there must be none got it. Like I said I have seen multiple posts on these types of issues, not only on this site but many other forums as well. Im done with these thread and its pettiness.

deamonomic

What pettiness? Its absolutely true that threads that talk about "trolling/trapping" are in the minority on these forums. Its one thread out of 100 that gets posted IF that. Which is what I was stating. Not that Trolling rarely happens, Though its not exactly a regular occurrence either. And no I dont need to back off as this is a DISCUSSION. Dont like it then dont post the topic.

My whole point is that your statement that it has been spurred on, is wrong. Very few topics have discussed trapping. Again its atleast around 1 out of 100. So I stand with my previous statement And on top of that how many people ACTUALLY visit these forums? We are but a tiny fraction of the CoD community here on these forums. So Even if we were to influence them the influence would be minor boarder on unseen.

again if you dont like discussions dont post your opinion at all cause if you post it anyone here has the right to talk about it.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

You miss the point that running into a troll is a rare occurrence. Even in MW3, BO1, and MW2, running into a troll is rare. They do exist but they're rare. I have more chance going flawless in a game than encountering a troll.

WKMMS

It's happened to me only once on BO2 fortunately.  The map was Slums and it was TDM.  I’d eaten a couple of bullets during a gunfight and ducked into a corner to reload and heal up.   I popped up from out of cover and scoped around to see if there were any targets.  Didn’t see any so I decided to move on – only I couldn’t.  I turned around to see some troll with his shield had blocked me into the corner.  There was nothing I could do so I crouched down to make myself less of a target and pulled out my OP Kap 40 and waited patiently.  15 seconds later an enemy player came and shot him in the back then proceeded to be promptly hosed down by me.   I sent the troll a thank you message after the game for helping me get an easy kill.  He didn’t see the funny side

sParkSnare

This is one of the reasons I prefer HC games more and more these days - you can't trap someone in a corner when they can kill you.  There's far fewer squeakers in HC too.  

nicedrewishfela

Maybe off topic...

But all of the so-called HC players who ask for Ricochet back... take note. This was a serious issue in HC Modes in MW3, and there wasn't a thing you could do about it.

Another reason why Ricochet is a bad idea.

To the OP... its just a jerky thing people do. I don't know why they get amusement out of ruining the game for others, but they do.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I just had my first trapper on PSN. He was following me around with a LMG and was firing it to give away our location. He trapped me in a corner in Hijacked when I was reloading. I got lucky and he got killed and I was able to kill his killer. I still ended up topping the lobby and we won the game despite being trapped in a corner for two minutes.

I didn't lose my temper and was laughing through it all. I sent him a friend request and we went on to own the next few games.

His emblem says "U Camp, I Troll" while my emblem says "CAMP."

trialstardragon

They do it because they don't like you hiding or camping in corners. It is to annoy you so either you leave and they get another rusher in the lobby or you quit doing it. Basically they are trolling you because they either think it is funny or in hopes you leave to get another player that plays more like how they think you should have been doing.. headless adrenaline monkey rushing.

_COD_Ghost

That is called map control on a small map. If you can get say the middle of nuke down with some buddy's and you are able to take mid map. There is no reason to push in to flip spawns so tripping the enemy team is the most viable option if your going for the win.

highlandsparky

It's annoying when it occurs, I've had it happen to myself on a few occasions....I play people at their own stupid games these days. I take a mental note of their gamertag and make sure I trap them until they leave..Works a treat.

hudder92

I can think of two reasons why someone would do this.

First is if you are camping, they are telling you to stop playing like a chicken and get out there and help win the match.

Second is just to be an immature troll trying to cause you grief as someone else pointed out.

SitRepPro

Sometimes camping is the best way to win a match.  I managed to get a VSAT in Nuketown TDM doing this and my team still got shot to **** by running and gunning recklessly.  I'm not supposed to lose when I earn a VSAT in TDM.   I tend to camp overlooking bottlenecks with an LMG or a sniper rifle and not in a corner with an SMG/AR/shotgun.  The only exception is if I am running away from an enemy to lure them into a trap or for health regeneration.

STYLEmaster

there are a lot of yt vids featuring this.  thats how it spreads. i play hardcore,  last time it happened to me i just sat patiently and even got 2 kills over the trolls shoulder. i prepared myself for the moment an enemy came and then got the kill after the troll was killed.
    when you get trolled, the best thing to do is dont feed it. just act like it doesnt bother you. and if you are noticing a lot of flashbang trolls then have an anti troll class on deck. lightfoot,  flak jacket, tactical mask, tactician with flash and concussion

so you can resist his trolls and then troll back.

nuttin2say

geoblime wrote:

Not sure why but the last month or so I've had a rash of players trapping me into cover and corners.

What you are describing is a tradition within Call of Duty. As we get into the last quarter of the season, it is a ritual that the screamers have finally convinced their parents to buy the latest edition of COD. Not because the enjoy this wonderful culture the rest of us know as Call of Duty, but because they enjoy asking Daddy, "Daddy, who was that nice lady at the grocery store? She was pretty" while in the middle of dinner with Mommy.

darkplaces28

Trolling tends to increase the later in the life cycle the game is. Here we are a month away from COD Ghosts so everyone is pretty much done with BO2 so they have nothing else better to do than play for laughs.