1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 12:21 AM by Leper_Messiah85 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: flak jacket is op
    QwertyBoredom

Nar my gripe with MW3 was the lack of protection from tac grenades, to many people spamming flash ones..........

• 31. Re: flak jacket is op
    Dush_Bag

I will actually test it myself when i have some free time

But what i can Confirm is that i have never survived a crossbow stick...and i run FJ on all my classes

Would like to know if anyone has survived with a crossbow stik while using FJ.....?

• 32. Re: flak jacket is op
    darkrangeresp

First of all, explosives are not meant to just give you a free kill.  Their main use in the game is to force another player from a fortified position or soften them up for a main gun assult.  Most explosives in the game will only be leathal to begin with in the first few meters from the center of their blast radius. The information in your original complaint is incorrect.

A direct stick from a crossbow or sintax grenade will kill a flak jacket user at full health.  A direct impact from a SMAW, RPG or undermount grenade launcher will also kill them in a single strike.  Note you actually have to hit them with the projectile not just have them centered in the explosion.  Also, an RCXD will kill a player with flak jacket at the very center of it's blast radius.  An RCXD does 300 damage at it's center, which is more than enough bypass flak jacket.  Flak jacket forces player reliant on explosive weapons such as these to have to be precise rather than rely on the large blast radius to secure their kill.

A flak jacket user at full health will survive a direct hit from a frag grenade, C4, bouncing betty or claymore.  This is pretty much the point of the perk along with weakening the sustained damage from the other explosive weapons.  However, any player who takes what would normally be a leathal amount of damage and survives it with flak jacket is at such low health that one close range  bullet from any gun in the game will finish them off. If you cannot fire one bullet to finish somebody off after dumping on them with C4 then you deserve to lose the gun fight.  Sheesh if you are going to complain at least get your facts staright before crying for a nerf.

• 33. Re: flak jacket is op
    college101

There is so much wrong with those post I actually started laughing.

fj prevents crossbow sticks from killing you for one, so this tells me you have no damn clue what you are even talking about.

second, rcxd doesnt kill anyone with fj even if they are in the blast radius, heck iv seen people survive it without even fj because all the lag.

and you're telling me to get my facts straight? lol

maybe you need to test some of the explosives in split screen before opening your mouth.

• 34. Re: flak jacket is op
    college101

I did it in split screen with my second controler, the 2nd player lived even with a direct stick.

• 35. Re: flak jacket is op
    college101

played mw2 both on xbox and ps3.

Never had an issue with explosives. They did exactly as they were intended.

• 36. Re: flak jacket is op
    Dush_Bag

Just sticking someone with the crossbow does 40 damage....and at the center of the crossbow explosion will deal 150 damage points...

Sticking sonmeone with FJ will always (i mean always always ) kill the player...i have tested in split screen and i have tested with a mate of mine as well...if u can prove me wrong please show a video of a player not dying with a crossbow stick while wearing FJ...

• 37. Re: flak jacket is op
    college101

Personally made it myself. First video Iv ever put on youtube. But its simply as stated. And its proof, fj vs crossbow does not result in death, even if the fj user is stuck in the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLGdQJgBPE

• 38. Re: flak jacket is op
    Dush_Bag

The video is in private mode

1. Visit your Video Manager.
    2. Find the video you’d like to change, then click the Edit button.
    3. In the “Privacy Settings” drop-down menu, select Public, Unlisted, or, Private.
    4. Click Save changes.
  • 39. Re: flak jacket is op
    deamonomic

college101 wrote:

There is so much wrong with those post I actually started laughing.

fj prevents crossbow sticks from killing you for one, so this tells me you have no damn clue what you are even talking about.

second, rcxd doesnt kill anyone with fj even if they are in the blast radius, heck iv seen people survive it without even fj because all the lag.

and you're telling me to get my facts straight? lol

maybe you need to test some of the explosives in split screen before opening your mouth.

no it does not. Even with FJ a crossbow stick will kill you. the only times it wont is if the game either glitches out or your playing a custom game with modified rules. I tested this tonight myself. I did not survive 1 crossbow stick while in Core with FJ on.