42 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 7:26 AM by Tictacn RSS

Panzer Soldat nerf?

Penguinz_46

SHould 3arc nerf the Panzer? Ive had times where ive spent over 3k points on mp40 ammo and gone through multiple rounds with the first still alive because it just wont die. most of my games are over between 8 and 12 just because the panzer wont die. on round 8 it does too much damage to players, i have a vid of 3 getting downed by splash damage from its flamethrower however it was taken down from youtube. If they nerf it i'd ask for at least one of three things: 1. on rounds 8 and 11, have it do less damage 2. on rounds 8 and 11, let body shots count as damage to the head, or 3. on rounds 8 and 11, make it have less overall health. What are your thoughts on this? 

• Re: Panzer Soldat nerf?
    phxs72

If you shoot it in the head with a high damage weapon you can down it in a matter of seconds.  The MP40 is going to take a couple of clips but again if you shoot it in the head then you'll down it quickly.  Just be careful when deciding to engage it and make sure that you have a quick escape route to avoid the claw.  If you are going for body shots, then there's your problem.

angeredpluto

I don't think that's always the case. Ive been in its claw before after already breaking its helmet and managed to shoot 2 clips of a pack-a-punch weapon at his head and still get downed without him dieing. It only happens sometimes though like he glitches and is insanely hard to kill from time to time.

YoJackWelch

definitely not. You should honestly have jug and the stg by the time the panzer comes, that's all i need for a quick takedown. Also obviously trying to shoot through metal instead of glass is going to do less damage

Megadog14

Its easy enough already.

madgamesss

i dislike your comment "Thumbs Down"

I just dont like it hook grabbing me and pulling me in and if i escape i get rapped by the zombies because im cornered when i get out. Also he grabs me when i'm reloading. anyway why can he shoot his claw?? if the zombies are that smart then let them use guns. he's got nice aim for a corpse  

SOunds like you're not shooting him in the face or from way too far out, get a little closer.

tallowby

Fine as is....

Shoot the light on its head to weakens its defenses

Shoot in the face

If you kill all the zombies before the panzer soldat goes down you have decreased your survivability.

Once you have them the Fire & Lightning Staffs take out the soldats with ease...

btw: if it grabs you shoot the claw ;-)

Brexican94

If chasing you, shoot visor till it breaks, then shoot face.

If chasing other player(s), shoot flamethrower tank on the back.

If you/player is caught in claw, shoot red light on the arm to release.

Relatively easy if you just focus your aim.

GulfCoastGirl

Nerf the Panzer?  No way!  I've been put down by that stupid scooba doo many times but I don't think it should be nerfed.

The Panzer starts at round 8 and comes every 3 rounds after that.  We all know this.... work as a team to accomplish getting Jugg and staves.  Hop in a zig zag pattern to avoid the claw and use corners to your advantage when trying to shoot and grenade it.

Honestly I find the zombies to be the bigger problem on panzer rounds.  Popping up from the ground when I'm trying to dodge the panzer and spawning in front of me in the trenches.... that seems to be a bigger problem than the actual panzer.  Nothing funnier than watching the Panzer grab a zombie with the claw.  I like to put up the Maxis drone on Panzer round to help deal with the pesky zombies screwing up my plan of attack on the Panzer.

CalamityCate_

I don't mind the Panzer... what I don't like is when I am in a 4 player game and 2 players want to run in the Crazy Place and three Scuba Steve's drop down on one person. I don't mind killing off one or two of those things... but when I am running from zombies AND trying to kill three Steve's I get a little annoyed.

I like running in the crazy place on solo or 2 player games... but I think it is a little selfish to run down there on 4 player games ONLY because you will have trouble reviving the person up top if they go down and because you're not taking any of the brunt regarding Panzers..

sasukeJAuchiha

Use claymores, nade it, also get an stg not mp40. It's easy once you're use to it.

DarkMega

Nah no nerf needs to be done. I hate the soldat but a slight nerf might make it to easy to kill him. I've come to learn that the MP40 is crap against him it's best to use the box when you first can so open the door that leads to the box and hope for a HAMR or Ray Gun. It's also good to save drop if you can by round 8 if the last zombie you have at round 7 drops a instant kill or zombie blood SAVE IT and as soon as he spawns grab it and kill him. In zombies blood he stands still shoot his head with any wall or box weapon if it's instant kill it takes a clip of a MP40 to kill him. Also try getting the wind staff before round 8.

DrVonstool

What about getting @$$ r@ped on the tank by those beasts. C'mon I really dislike the tank since the update.

BIGB13_1999

I know right?! Agggh!

DeathBringer-Zen

What about getting @$$ r@ped on the tank by those beasts. C'mon I really dislike the tank since the update.

Completely agree. Since they made it 'One Hit Kill' with the Panzers when on the tank, and the fact that the tank kills the players when it is moving if you happen to get in the way more or less renders the tank COMPLETELY useless now, and pretty much means it's only purpose on the map is to get the terrible lightening staff parts.

This is what legit players have to suffer thanks to stinky, smelly glitchers. Treyarch should have just removed the pointless and useless tank altogether. What other purpose does it even serve!?!

Yet another reason why Origins is a big pile of shite!

dustycrow

heard the lightening staff spots are some of the best to camp at

reluctent

Agree, other than you saying the terrible lightining staff, its not exactly terrible, in fact fire and lighting are the best to use against the panzer, when their ultimate of course.

Other than the wind being the most powerful in 3arcs eyes, lightining is nothing to diss, its quite powerful since the update. Ice I can certainly call terrible against the panzer but it ain't too much of a powerful staff anyways, but yes lightining is 2nd best now since the update, 3arc confirmed this in their update features.

Tictacn

Ice is the most powerful of the staves. No question. Lightning however is the weakest. That is if you are referring to really high rounds (past 70)

reluctent

WHAT! Are you actually kidding me, that staff is an accident waiting to happen, literally. If you get cornered the other 3 staffs can get you out with ease but ice is unreliable, it hasn't got any effect on the zombies past round 20, its ultimate attack is the only thing thats good about that staff dude. Also you need to understand that even if you think that staff is  the best, in this game it wont be. Treyarch listed this in their update features in the last update, ice was last on the list whilst a ball cruncher for you is that lightining was 2nd, bad luck. If you don't believe me then ask them yourself, then you'll know. What is confirmed is actually CONFIRMED!

Megadog14

reluctent wrote:

WHAT! Are you actually kidding me, that staff is an accident waiting to happen, literally. If you get cornered the other 3 staffs can get you out with ease but ice is unreliable

Don't get trapped. Easy enough.

reluctent wrote:

it hasn't got any effect on the zombies past round 20,

Ha...

reluctent wrote:

Treyarch listed this in their update features in the last update, ice was last on the list whilst a ball cruncher for you is that lightining was 2nd

Um... ok? Doesn't prove anything...

reluctent

Um ok, yes it does. it proves that the ice is THEE worst staff, this is not my word so saying doesn't prove anything is kinda stupid, especially when it does.

And besides I never use that staff anyway, I've got a solid rank and the last prob I need is getting killed because of that unreliable staff, if you think it don't prove anything then you think that, but treyarch's opinion is it sucks and also mine is too, good day.

Oh yeah you can say dont get trapped, but I bet you've had a fair share of times were zombies have got you in a corner and gang banged your ass, so uh HA, try using the staff without it being ultimate past round 20 and see how long you last huh, you'll be lucky if you last 10 secs with only that staff. Don't know what it is with you, I see you on nearly every post trying to get people F**cked off with you, well done you just got another person.

Mr_Spaceman

Ha, what the hell have you been smoking? Ice staff is best, closely followed by wind. Tbh you sound like a camper if your getting trapped in a corner so much. When your running trains ice and wind staffs will destroy a horde instantaneously well into the 50+ rounds.

Megadog14

reluctent wrote:

I've got a solid rank and the last prob I need is getting killed because of that unreliable staff,

Ah, so youre worried about your rank... I see.

reluctent wrote:

treyarch's opinion is it sucks

Where did they say that then? Patch notes don't mention any of the staves by name.

reluctent wrote:

Oh yeah you can say dont get trapped, but I bet you've had a fair share of times were zombies have got you in a corner and gang banged your ass,

Um... no? Ive yet to get trapped while using any of the staves, including the Ice staff.

reluctent wrote:

try using the staff without it being ultimate past round 20 and see how long you last huh, you'll be lucky if you last 10 secs with only that staff.

Damn, I must be a really lucky person then.

reluctent wrote:

I see you on nearly every post trying to get people F**cked off with you, well done you just got another person.

Lololol...

GulfCoastGirl

reluctent wrote:

Treyarch listed this in their update features in the last update, ice was last on the list whilst a ball cruncher for you is that lightining was 2nd, bad luck. If you don't believe me then ask them yourself, then you'll know. What is confirmed is actually CONFIRMED!

WTH are you prattling on about?  Can you provide a link to where Treyarch confirmed this?  Oh and I mean something directly from Treyarch... not some YouTuber claiming they know someone at Treyarch who told them.

Here is a link to the patch notes put out by Treyarch.  http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200545667#.UnU6x-Jwxac

Call me crazy but I don't see anything in them confirming what you are talking about in your post.

Tictacn

ice

wind

fire

lighning

in that order. Most powerful to least. ice will kill more at one time than wind and has a little more ammo. You can argue at what each does at round 20, I'm talking about high rounds. Keep stroking that shocker and stay on the bottom of your leaderboards  then.

boybad

At round 7 get STG and Stamina Up or one of these.

You can trap him with a robot foot, shoot at him behind corners so he cant grab you, use zombie blood.

If playing in a team get a player to hold a train without shooting them and deal to this soldat without zombies getting in the way. He really isn't that hard to deal with its the zombies around him that make it a bit of a challenge.

Psychobilly_X

I've been downed by the PANZIE a few times myself but I don't think it needs to be nerfed.

dustycrow

it depends on ur gun. honestly i find him a big pain in the ass but only cuz i get zombies in my way while trying to kill him. i can easily train 2 pazors trouble being zombies get in my way. but get a ray gun mark 2 and its dead in like 2 bursts. as for other guns its easy to shoot him down as long as u can run freely without getting blocked by zombies spawning up ur ass. all in all he is a real pain but easy to kill

ZombiesFan1

You need to get better if most your game are round 8-12... I never use the box, but i don't use the mp40 neither, i get the Stg-44 in the church And if you have a GOOD team, you should have a staff before the first panzer, like lightning or wind... Stop nerfing everything cause kids can't play the game, most my games are round 25-30, so your doing something wrong kid

reluctent

Agree, getting to round 12 or 15 at this stage is as some call "lame" In every game of origins i get to round 38 and higher, getting all 9 perks and 3 pack a punched guns, because i use the ultimate fire staff commonly, its ultimate attack gives the panzer a big F*CK OFF, he might as well not come. Once in one of my recent games, the panzer got glitched into a wall near the fire tunnel, and from then on no panzers came, just him endlessly running on the spot. Obviously I wasn't going to kill him, having to not worry about panzers is heaven, other than the pesty agarthan zombies attacking the generators. Even though I usually don't need them at this stage when I get my stuff, I like to keep them on and get a max ammo, just for reasons. The wind staff is my babe! I only use other staffs when not in a clan game. Ice is a reccommendation if you want the panzer to give YOU  a big F*CK OFF, its useless and does absolute shite against him. Dont go asking me how the panzer got glitched by the way, I have absolutely no idea how.

reluctent

Try getting a galil with double tap, shooting the panzer in the head with these two will shred him like putting paper in a shredder. You won't know that he was even there after you killed him cos this way can kill him in no more than 1 second, seriously. Its quite amazing how useful double tap is at this stage when fighting the panzer, even the mp40 seems to kill him quick with double tap. So  if you want to kill him quickly then get an AR or mp40 with double tap and it would shred him with ease. BTW try not to go all out against him as you will likely get fried by his flamethrower, obviously the guys who got downed as a trio thought they can be clever and take him on head to head, bad idea. Stay a sensible distance and dodge the claw. Like previously said, the Maxis drone will help you at this stage as it will cover you from zombie attack.  

REVENGOLOGY

really this thing is like the boss of the zombies it should be tough to kill, no?

and that is what makes this map so interesting

sgtdinglepoops

The revive tool on the ultimate staff is a one shot kill to them. DSR's are commonly dug up, I can kill a round 8 panzer in 2 headshots, and its fairly easy with the scope, you can get a safe distance, not sure about later. Claymores work good at busting his mask off, or if you already have his mask off, 2 claymores is often enough to kill him. Save 5k and pack your meowzer (mauser) and that'll mess him up. Mark II tosses his salad, even some well placed semtex can take him out. Just gotta be ready for him, I feel like a lot of times people that otherwise should be able to handle it get caught off guard, and in those instances, nerfing them wont help.

DrVonstool

Nerf the murderous flamethrower when on the tank!!

dustycrow

had a recent game where me and this guy were on tank at gen two and the panzor fly down at front of tank and im like "run like hell!" and i ran other way jumped off the back of the tank and got hit atleast 3 feet from back of tank in mid air and went down XD front of tank - 2-3 feet off back of tank in mid jump and got downed lol

Zombie-Hell-Fire

Penguinz_46 wrote:

SHould 3arc nerf the Panzer?

NO, enough said

StraightUpHell

Nope. I used to always get down by it but then I realized if you aim for the head, any weapon can pretty much kill him.

Chucky6661

Thank you sgtdinglepoops, I never knew about the revive shot killing him in one. Does the beam go through multiple panzers aswell

Fog115

I think you can't get past round 8-12 because you're bad.

Get the free magna/light staff if you are having THAT much trouble but tbh I normally just take down with MP40 because I'm lazy.