1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2013 12:18 AM by Adam1234567893 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    Izjar11

AwesomeGamer99 wrote:

All i want to know for now is if we are going to get dedicated servers for PS3 because i don't play on getting the next gen consoles anytime soon and i have ordered this game on PS3 already. I just don't want lag switching. Please make Ded servers for PS3 Activision and IW

Did you not just read her post! READ IT

• 21. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    LifeSong1

Who is Candice and where is the confirmation? A link would be ever so helpful.

• 22. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    LifeSong1

Don't get me wrong. I won't be surprised if there are some dedicated servers for PS4 but I have not seen any statement from anyone official stating that it will be on PS4 yet...it's all speculation.

The exclusivity deal is odd. Sure, they make the deal with Activision to not say anything, but what stops Playstation or a third party from saying anything? They wouldn't care to abide by MS's deal with Activision as it is not in their best interest to do so. That's the part that gets me. I 100% understand why Activision can't say anything, but if the PS3 version was going to have them then I'm pretty sure Sony would know this and I would assume that Sony would want to say something.

• 23. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    LifeSong1

When finding the best connection (dedi or listen) why wouldn't take everyones connection in the room into consideration (whether in a party or not). I've never understood why it only takes the party leaders connection into consideration.  I'm not as fluent when it comes to the connectivity issues so any explanation on this would be helpful.

• 24. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    maccabi

LifeSong1 wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I won't be surprised if there are some dedicated servers for PS4 but I have not seen any statement from anyone official stating that it will be on PS4 yet...it's all speculation.

Candice already confirmed they would be on ps3 and the statement Mark made on twitter was all next gen platforms but he couldn't give actual names

• 25. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    maccabi

LifeSong1 wrote:

When finding the best connection (dedi or listen) why wouldn't take everyones connection in the room into consideration (whether in a party or not). I've never understood why it only takes the party leaders connection into consideration.  I'm not as fluent when it comes to the connectivity issues so any explanation on this would be helpful.

The majority of times it makes no difference really whether you use all or just party leader if everyone is geographicaly close by , if you have people in your party from outside what would be considered "local" the game would throw you into a session that was average/less than average for the whole party instead of just average/bad for one player. End result everyone ended up in sessions that were less than perfect.

Its one of the reasons IW scrapped this idea half way thru mw3

• 26. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    LifeSong1

So if I have players around the US in my party, then it wouldn't be best to find a host centrally located? Instead, it chooses one close to me because I'm the leader even if the majority of the party is on the other side of the country? I don't see how that makes much sense. If 12 randoms get put into a room it has to evaluate everyone in the room.  Why wouldn't they do the same thing whether any of the players were in a party or not.  I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, it just isn't making any sense to me.

• 27. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    maccabi

LifeSong1 wrote:

So if I have players around the US in my party, then it wouldn't be best to find a host centrally located? Instead, it chooses one close to me because I'm the leader even if the majority of the party is on the other side of the country?

Using your example...

if you're in a party with 5 people other side of the us and you're party host then they would all have a bad sessions (2-3 bar) and you would have a good session. (4 bar)

The old everyone in party matchmaking would place you all in a session average to you all mid way so you'd all have a less than perfect session (3 bar)

Party leader system where the party  choses party leader with some thought would mean everyone in the party would have a good session (4 bars) apart from you on (2-3 bars) which is a much better system all round

• 28. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    otisman666

Great info, thanks guys.

So I wonder if this brings any validity to the rumor that BO 2 on the Xbox 360 had been running on Dedi's for a while (maybe even currently)?  Back in June when I last played, I remember there being really long lobby wait times and some folks were attributing this to the potential of dedi's being used, but I am sure this will be rectified this time around.

• 29. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    trialstardragon

Some may have been on dedi's while others were still on listen. It was possibly a pretest of the hybrid system. Those that lived near a dedi got to be on one, while those too far out were still stuck with standard listen server.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next