19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:50 AM by Incredible_Mr RSS

Wii Remote Not Legit?

barolb

I've been finding myself spending more time on the Black Ops 2 Miiverse, and alot of people there don't see the Wii Remote as being a legit option for a controller. What's up with that? O_o

I know this debate will go on forever, but why exactly is there such a major difference between perception of Wii Remote on these forums VS Miiverse? A better question might be what happened to the perception of using the Wii Remote? Before it was the undermined controller, but now it seems to be viewed as a 'cheap' way of playing. What the heck happened to peoples view of using the Wii Remote?

I tried posting a few 'challenge' posts to people to try and get more Wii Remote use with the sniper, but those backfired quickly...

• Re: Wii Remote Not Legit?
    Megadog14

Mad people are mad. There's no stopping complaining.

xBulletDodgerx

I Always say use both controllers to see the difference . Only then can you make a legit decision .

WiimotesRus02

Who cares what they think, this is a Wii. The only thing wrong was introducing a multi controller in the first place. We would have just true wii players and no ex xbox fanboys. It was the worst mistake in gaming history to add both controllers. The controllers unique to this console are just fvcked up with this game. Well done again A_Trey_U and co, you da best!!

With a little patch here and a little patch there, ee aye ee aye oh!!

fissuresofrequent

Backfired? Anytime I comment on someones post downgrading wii remote they NEVER reply.

Noobs be like "I'm legit I don't camp, I don't use target finder and I don't use wii mote" xD

Miiverse has so many noobs on it that don't understand CoD like we do on here and people that came from ps360.

It's kinda like talking to your friends about CoD when they are more casual players. You go over to their house and they're camping in a corner with a bouncing betty going 8-12 and when they get a hellstorm they get excited....hmm I went off topic here kinda... Did I just pull a Padiego?

BobbyMcGee

i defend wiimote every time i see idiotic posts complaining about it. not because i use it, im da. truth is its a lot of butt-hurt 12 year olds who need some, any excuse why they died, and it cant possibly be because their awful. miiverse is full of idiots.

BobbyMcGee

that and ridiculous posts by bitw morons seem to be the most frequent posts. playing stacked parties against 5 year old randoms makes you the best at nothing, like i said, miiverse is a cesspool...

LinkHdz97

The only reason im playing this game is because of the wiimote, i like it. some kid complaint a couple of days ago because he was killed by someone who use a wiimote and i said why is he complaining and he said because that is cheating..... i started laughing and told how can it be cheating when the wiimote is part of the system. i do give credit to those who know how to play very well with the analog controllers even though its mostly due to aim assist. i've tried with wiimote both aim assist enabled and disabled and there no difference, at least for me. i even think its a little harder with the wiimote because you have to really aim when shooting cause even if you try to aim and shoot fast and you move a little your aiming moves too,( hopefully you understand that part).

nintendon't

Eh, Miiverse is just the exact opposite of here. Most people here are Wiimoters who hate DA players and blame all their problems on lag/assist.

RawJustice

Wii Remote is the most legit controller out! Its been in Cod Wii games from the beginning! I'm glad its gonna be on Ghosts!

DatBigSwitcha2

It's simple, bad kids will always find something to blame for them doing terrible. Mind you, most of these people who say "X IS OP" or !X CONTROLLER SUX" is probably your average bad 1 KD player, who wouldn't know what, and what is not balanced if it reached out and slapped them in the face.

Personally, you shouldn't even bother voicing your opinion unless you have a 2KD and at least a 450 SPM (less SPM if you play SnD or TDM), because no-one is ever going to take you seriously.

As a 4.54 KD. 550SPM wiimote player (who doesn't use aim assist) I find it ludicrous that kids berate the wiimote whilst they are pretty much reliant on aim assist to get kills.

I will admit that playing a wiimoter using aim assist and using the SWAT, or the KSG, is incredibly annoying, frustrating and downright dirty. You're literally hoping that there snap fails and they miss or some sort of lag spike happens and you get lucky. I fail to beat them at the best of times and they rarely have even a third of my KD.

But I wouldn't judge them to harshly, think about how many DA players get kills they shouldn't thanks to aim assist. Quite a lot i'd say, and outside of the SWAT/KSG, aim assist isn't too useful on wiimote. So in the end, all this BS balances out and if its not lag or the fact that there pet cat distracted them, they will find something to blame.

In the end, the real take home message we should be learning is that no-one likes aim assist, wiimoters hate that DA players become super duper accurate and DA players hate that the KSG is super duper accurate either. The solution seems clear to me, tone down aim assist on both controllers, or remove it all together.

But since this game caters to the casual crowd, none of those are going to happen, so this debate will go on and on and on and on, and misinformed 1 KD baddies will continue to blame what they feel like.

nintendon't

Stats don't mean jack on COD because they're easy to fake as well as the fact COD is just an easy shooter. Anyone can get a high KDR/SPM by powering down when doing bad, resetting stats, making a new account, getting breast fed from constant party play, having mostly bad players in your general area, reliance on computer help from killstreaks, ETC.

WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

1) getting breast fed from constant party play, 2) having mostly bad players in your general area, reliance on computer help from killstreaks, ETC.

You see this is where you take the game and yourself far too seriously, because,,,

1) I like the idea of being breast fed, but we play in parties to joke and have a laugh, even talk about what colour we painted the house etc.

2) Yeah I do that, but its better than pretending we're really good when your connection makes it so easy for you.

Dream on James.

Incredible_Mr

Ive said this since I started playing cod. You can add to that the fact that some people, not naming names, but some people have an advantage with connection. Its impossible for people to consistently get 50 kill tdms, and 100 kill dom games, playing solo with scrubs, they are just ahead of other people with connection.

Stat padding is very easy to do, winning is easy if your in a full party of decent players, pub stompin in domination. Ive been part of that with the r@pe squad, its fun but boring, and win streaks dont mean anything. Play solo, no matter how good you are, your gona lose loads of games due to the matchmaking in bo2, theyll always stick you with the scrubs, and you cant carry people game after game. Ive played bo2 mainly solo for say 95% of the time, and found playing domination alone tiresome, constantly playing 5 man teams of 10yro trash talking squeakers. I started playing HC, and at first enjoyed it, its good carrying teams to victory alone, but having built my kdr to 1.84 from 1.10 by being a little cautious, I now find myself with the 0.30 kdr rags on my team EVERY game, and when your playing with guys who go 2-22,you arent gona win.

I cant play any other modes on best as theres no lobbies, so im stuck between a rock and a hard place. Play dom alone and get stomped, play dom in parties and lag like crazy, play hctdm alone and get stuck with scrubs.

Its getting to the end of the life cycle of this game, and im all but through with it. Its been nothing but rage for pretty much 10 months.

barolb

If it helps to raise a point: i'm prestige master and i have a 1.2 K/D. I don't even remember what my SPM is, but it's probably 200 or 300 or something.

I stopped caring about K/D back on Black Ops Wii.

Treize

Read this, it's a long read, but it basically explains how Treyarch screwed up the wiimote for BO2 when competing with Traditional controllers.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200684225