1 2 3 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 12:17 PM by StevenHarvey RSS

Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!

Wheels1AWTT

I hate that i have to play core and deal with BS that comes with it just to play CTF or specials like 24/7 Nuketown. Please include all the new game modes in Hardcore also. Blitz and Search and Rescue will be epic hardcore games. Also if you are going to have clan challenges put them on hardcore at least 50% of the time. My clan is almost exclusively hardcore players but we will play core for clan challenges, just not when they are all core. We stopped playing after it became clear the support for core is overwhelmingly higher than that for HC.

• 1. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    gotsomestars

From what I've read(doesn't make it fact. Just saying I've heard), all game modes can be played core or hardcore.

Also keep in mind infinity ward cods generally have faster ttk than treyarch. Once again that doesn't mean 100% that this game will follow the pattern. But generally in IW games it doesn't take half a clip to kill someone in core.

• 2. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    surridge1990

While i agree it would be nice to have all modes available in HC but the HC community is pretty small compared to Core so there would definatly need to be moshpits instead of individual playlists for each mode.

TDM

FFA

SnD

Moshpit (excluding the above modes)

DLC Moshpit (enter modes here)

Would really be all we need otherwise the small players are going to be split up even worse, this problem will be magnified on next-gen consoles with the relatively low numbers of players compared to current gen (for a while at least)

• 3. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    gotsomestars

Its not as small as most would make it out. Generally when I log on there is usually about 50-60% of core. In a game that has millions of players that is a pretty big number.

Also, snd  is usually near the bottom as far as players per mode.

• 4. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    maccabi

gotsomestars wrote:

From what I've read(doesn't make it fact. Just saying I've heard), all game modes can be played core or hardcore.

Also keep in mind infinity ward cods generally have faster ttk than treyarch. Once again that doesn't mean 100% that this game will follow the pattern. But generally in IW games it doesn't take half a clip to kill someone in core.

Not sure what you've read but nothing has been announced for hc at all yet

• 5. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    surridge1990

I wouldnt go as high as 50-60%, last time i played BO2 there were roughly 200k people online and roughly 60k on HC. (PS3)

But dont forget, with the new systems coming out only a handful of players will be moving over to them on launch day, lets say for example 100k move over to next gen on launch, thats 50k for each console,

Now split that 50k roughly 75/25 for core/hardcore

Thats roughly 37.5/12.5k

Now split those 12.5k between as a guess 15 different modes

Thats roughly 830 players per mode (obviously some will have more and some will have less)

(Figures are just examples and only take into account numbers of people only playing ghosts)

In COD and matchmaking terms 830 players is a very small amount, it would take an age to even find a lobby with free space and then the chances of getting matched up with 11 other players within your region is very slim indeed.

For the future i can see it working with more (if not all) modes

But i wouldnt expect very high numbers on next gen at all until christmas time, and even then the numbers probably wont come close to current gen until christmas time 2014.

Believe me i would love more than anything to be able to hop into any hardcore gamemode i like at any time but with the current split between current and next gen consoles seperate playlists for every mode just wouldnt be viable right now, but like i said in the future it really shouldnt be an issue

• 6. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

I do hope there is a wealth of HC Modes, and that we get some love with the new game modes, even if in the form of a Mosh Pit. I don't want them to thin the match-making pool too much, but I think one of the big draws of CoD has always been choice.

IW has usually been pretty good about offering HC Modes... I am more concerned about them putting Ricochet in the game. Ricochet is not Hardcore.

• 7. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    NoLifeKing29

Ricochet is a deal breaker for me, won't even play the game if its included. Not expecting a lot when it comes to HC modes, 5 would be a surprise, any more than that would be a shocking welcome. I dont care about the playlist numbers argument, its dead to me. Treyarch completely shafted the HC community in BO2, lets see what IW does.

• 8. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    gotsomestars

I can't remember who's vid it was in. Tmartn? I can't remember I'm not quite awake yet. I'll look for it again today.

• 9. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    maccabi

gotsomestars wrote:

I can't remember who's vid it was in. Tmartn? I can't remember I'm not quite awake yet. I'll look for it again today.

ok well regardless of who's video it was i can assure you nothing has been announced for hardcore yet at all.

NoLifeKing29 ive had quite a few convo's with the devs about ricochet hopefully they will see sense this time   (disclaimer i have repeatedly said though that in s&d it has a place)

1 2 3 Previous Next