1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2013 12:18 AM by Adam1234567893 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    RunAndGun1

Sounds like great news to me. Hopefully I will play on dedis while I still have my xbox360. Either way it's positive news. Clearly they're trying to improve gameplay. 

• 41. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    Raketti

I have to agree with the Youtuber thing, people blindly believe the retarded explanations they make and opinions they give with things like lag and what weapon is OP etc..

While it's true many people don't have much understanding about the game mechanics and connectivity, i still think more people have been noticing something is wrong in their gameplay when they get robbed out of kills and die behind corners etc. (and blame lag compensation thanks to YT), and end up leaving the game at that point even if their "reasoning" of what is causing the problem(s) is wrong.

• 42. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    biron_w

I can safely say I have NEVER been on dedicated servers on BO2.

• 43. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    iHattoriHanzo0

Thats great!

What I like even more than the news, is the fact that you told us. There's nothing better than having the "powers that be" to be in contact with the passionate CoD community here on these forums.

Now please keep in touch after the game is released. An update on how you think these connectivity elements are working would be terrific. I'm sure we will do the same.

If the developers don't mention connectivity again after the game is released, it just comes off as a marketing scheme to assure the current disgruntled players that connectivity will be better in order to sell the game.

• 44. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    biron_w

Beat me to it! I thought the exact same thing that if people can see if they're on a dedicated server or not then it will just result in players constantly backing out of lobbies in the hope they'll get put on one. Resulting in players potentially waiting ages to get a game.

• 45. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    rlbl

I agree with Macc..

Conversation between people who think they know, but don't:

Knowing the actual ping to a host tells you what?

- it tells me how good a connection I have to the host!

How do you know what a good connection is?

- Err... well I know the lower the ping the better...

Ok, How low is good, and how high is bad?

- Err..

Never mind that question. What are you going to do now that you know your ping to the host?

- I am gonna lobby shop until I get a ping I think is good.

This is a problem.

• 46. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    trialstardragon

Well my friends and the internet say anything under 75 is good if its a 100 its bad and over that terrible.. so if I get a lobby of 75 or higher I am searching again... they tell me that really I want it in the 25 to 50 range anything else will suck big time and wont be playable on or fair.

/sarcasm

• 47. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    biron_w

I think Activision are aware that they'll have serious competition next gen for shooters.

They'll obviously be BF, Killzone, Titanfall, Destiny, free-to-play games like Blacklight: Retribution and Warface plus whatever else comes out.

They will know they'll need to up their game so not to lose the market share.

• 48. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    MillionGamer

Thank u very much for bringing dedicated server for all the console this gen and next gen

just  a question is the WiiU included?

• 49. Re: GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE
    phxs72

Candice is basically the PR Community Manager for IW.  In effect she's the new Robert Bowling.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next