9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:26 AM by reluctent RSS

Anybody have any ideas about better MP gamemodes?

reluctent

I have recently thought about some of the sweet game modes that Treyarch could have had for MP, my idea for one is similiar to search and destroy only each team has 2 bomb sites they have to protect. Whilst both teams have two bombs, it is a matter of protecting the two bomb carriers and the bomb sites at the same time. I think this mode would be great for Hardcore, making a tough kind of mode for only the daring players out there.

Anybody else have any sweet ideas to share?

• Re: Anybody have any ideas about better MP gamemodes?
    CheatKiller

Funnily enough, I was just thinking of a game mode just for Snipers.

As there are so many players using the "Sniper quick-scope" glitch; why don't we create a mode where they can go head-to-head with other super-gun Snipers?

It might even reduce the amount of players exploiting this glitch in other modes, thus making the game more fun for everyone. Just an idea.

Megadog14

Not a new gamemode, but War would be fun.

DnRxViking

Not a game mode, but a Barebones playlist. No attachments, any three perks, a secondary, 1 lethal and 1 tactical. Game modes in the playlist: TDM, KC, Domination, Hardpoint, FFA, Headquarters, S&D, Demolition, and last, but not least, Drop Zone.

nicedrewishfela

I think the modes we have had are pretty good... but would be better if they added diversity to them. For example- variable objective sites (Flags/Bombs/Etc not always in the same spot), variable spawn points (teams don't always spawn at the same point every match), In match objectives (side missions in match such as capturing a point or an air drop), and of course, which won't happen in this game, interactive/dynamic maps that change with the action (The Map never looks the same at the end of the match as it does at the beginning).

The modes we have are good, they could be even better.

reluctent

Ground war is one of my favourites mostly because of the large amount of XP you can get out of them, if you play well enough. But some of the other game modes could be improved mostly because of the objective. Kill confirmed which is a classic game mode should be so if you deny a kill then you should at least get a bit more XP from them. 25 isn't worth it really. But i agree with nicedrewishfela, some of these maps need to be more dynamic, in the real world these maps wouldn't be standing as if nothing happened, they would be wrecked like a warzone would be after a fight. They have the capability so why didn't they do it?

nicedrewishfela

I have never liked how they score KC. It causes strife amongst team members and encourages Kill Whores.

To me, using Black Ops 2 as a baseline... they shouldn't punish teammates if a team mate picks up tags for them. For example... Tom gets a kill on the enemy. As a result, he should get 75 points towards his scorestreak (numbers are just for examples, negotiable in my mind). Now, if he picks up his own tag, he should get 75 more points (150 total for the slow folks) AND A KILL ADDED ONTO HIS K/D Ratio for the match. In my mind, a kill shouldn't be recorded as a kill UNLESS IT IS CONFIRMED, thus the name of the game.

Now, say Tom's Teammate Bob grabs the tags instead... the current system would screw Tom out of points and cause friction between the two (YOU STOLE MY TAGS YOU ****!). In my mind, when Bob grabs the Tags from Tom's kill... Bob should get 75 points and credit for the confirm, while Tom would ALSO get 75 points and credit for the kill, this way everyone is happy. If the kill is denied... Tom does NOT get credit for the kill, and the enemy combatant who got the deny should be awarded the 75 points and a Deny stat.

Just my two cents on that, would discourage kill whoring in KC and really make it a team game.

nflfenatic

Maybe this isn't a game mode but I have a better way for them to use snipers in this game. They should have 6 or 8 spawn points way off the map and elevated with good lines of sight to the map. Each team could only have 1 sniper first one to choose is it. In other words have snipers that are snipers. The rest of the players play normal. Now the players could shoot back at the snipers but it would have to be hard for them to kill the snipers. Also score streaks could kill the snipers so they weren't just sitting back getting free kills with no deaths, Might also help keep other players moving throughout the map.

sportt

Bring back "Old School" game mode, from MW4!  Holy crap that was fun.  Everyone started with a pistol and you ran after weapons and perks that spawned across the map.  I spent days playing that when I was sick of tdm.

reluctent

Yeah, they really should bring back old school from COD 4, that mode was insanely fun. I spent hours on that mode because of how fun it was. I don't think i would ever get bored of that mode.

Even now I still go on there now and then to have a quick game of old school, picking up guns and perks.

If they made a Black ops 2 version which I doubt they would, it would probably be the most sweet game mode on the game. Other than kill confirmed, I enjoy that game mode.