13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 2:05 PM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

Wont Update

Zaaxx12

I recently bought black ops 2 for the wii u off of amazon.com , new. I put the game in then it says it has an update so i update it . it gets stuck on ”preparing update” after 5 mintes it says it “cant update try again later” I cannot play online or anything. Please help

• Re: Wont Update
    bughunt

| Nintendo - Current Network Status

I suspect that this was due to the extended maintenance.  I would wait until about 30 minutes to an hour after the stated time and then try again.  Things should be back to normal after then.

WiimotesRus02

I'm not sure if my console update worked either, my console is as slow as it was the day I bought it, I noticed no difference at all, any suggestions people?

EmiliozGunz

What exactly is slow with it? In game playing all together, or is this a connectivity matter you're referring to?

Are you connected via a cable or wireless connection?

^JG

ATVI Support

EmiliozGunz

Zaaxx12,

Apologies for the delay in response, but wanted to check with you and see if you were able to succesfully update the game?

^JG

ATVI Support

WiimotesRus02

EmiliozGunz wrote:

Zaaxx12,

Apologies for the delay in response, but wanted to check with you and see if you were able to succesfully update the game?

^JG

ATVI Support

Everything takes ages to load up, like really slow. I've spoken with other people and they say all these issues went away with the last console update. I did that update and noticed no difference in performance..

Padiego

That big update we had in spring/begginingofsummer? made all the slowness go away. Maybe your Wii U is defective...call nintendo.

WiimotesRus02

Padiego wrote:

That big update we had in spring/begginingofsummer? made all the slowness go away. Maybe your Wii U is defective...call nintendo.

Yeah that's what I thought

EmiliozGunz

Have you tried to port forward your router? You can check out our knowledge base article about which ports to forward, as well as general tips/answers about latency.

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Online -Game-for-Wii

Try that out and let me know if that helps at all.

^JG

ATVI Support

WiimotesRus02

I have no problem connecting to the game or any game, what I was saying in a previous thread was I didn't think the WiiU was such a great console, it takes ages to get started on the thing. The old wii was more or less instant to get going, but the WiiU was slow. There was a console update this summer which was supposed to solve that, and everybody else says it has, but my WiiU performs exactly the same as when I bought it. I suspected the download didn't finish, but it says it has and there is no more updates, so like Padiego says, maybe I have a faulty WiiU.

I have done all the port forwarding stuff and gone wired and everything else suggested to me for a better gaming experience, but nothing worked. I appreciate you taking the time for that link, thanks..

WiimotesRus02

Ok I went on today and tried a few things and discovered my WiiU has a system update, it is downloading it as I type, its over an hour long, is this the update from the summer? Because when I thought I did it before it only took a few minutes..

Edit; Yep that was the one, it must have stopped downloading the first time or didn't install properly, online play for this game is still pants though, played today for the first time in weeks, I can compare this game to American beer, weak and heavily diluted, but at least the console is up to date now..

Padiego

I guess I'm lucky to live so far down south in continental america that it's not even america anymore. It's more like North Cuba. Blow and cubans, that pretty much sums up miami in a few words. I've never ran across American beer....just mexican.

EmiliozGunz

Very pleased that you were able to resolve the matter!

If you need anything else, then please let me know!

PS. There are some american brewery's that can definitely deliver

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support