1 2 3 4 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 12:17 PM by StevenHarvey Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    LifeSong1

As others have said, nothing for HC has been announced. As for clans, I truly hope that challenges/ops/clan wars/or any other clan mode will be available for Core or Hardcore just like BO2 had.  The challenge is there and you can play it in whatever game mode you want. Obviously, it would be nice if all modes were available in HC in this scenario.  I don't want them to force me to have to play Core just to participate in my clan (or vice versa for the Core players).

Either way, I do hope there will be more Hardcore game modes. I would love to see how much the community as a whole would like a game mode that has all the core aspects except with 50% of the health. It would be a slight mix between Core and Hardcore. I personally feel the amount of health you have in Core is way too high.  What are the top reasons Core players don't like Hardcore? More Campers? No Hud? No Killcam?

Wheels1AWTT wrote:

I hate that i have to play core and deal with BS that comes with it just to play CTF or specials like 24/7 Nuketown. Please include all the new game modes in Hardcore also. Blitz and Search and Rescue will be epic hardcore games. Also if you are going to have clan challenges put them on hardcore at least 50% of the time. My clan is almost exclusively hardcore players but we will play core for clan challenges, just not when they are all core. We stopped playing after it became clear the support for core is overwhelmingly higher than that for HC.

• 11. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    LifeSong1

For special modes such as 24/7 Nuketown or DLC specific lobbies, I think those need to be offered in both Core and Hardcore variants. It's very frustrating that they force you into one gameplay style for those special offerings thus alienating a bunch of their customers.  It's kind of like forcing people to have to play the game only one way.

• 12. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    Wheels1AWTT

Mosh pits are fine with me too as long as the big new ones are there like SnR and Blitz. As for Ricochet, I like it for the most part because it makes HC more realistic, in real life clearing a building or working as a fire-team you have to maintain your own muzzle discipline. I realize that unlike real life you can't hear your battle buddy coming up behind you before he runs across your shots but I think i would rather have it then not. maybe a hybrid of the current and ricochet systems. 1 free team kill before ricochet kills you.

• 13. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

The more realistic argument is baffling to me.

In real life... can you run into an airstrike called by a squad member with no consequence? Back them into a corner with no consequence? Run wildly into a firefight with no consequence? Muzzle discipline means being able to hold fire when friendlies cross your path.

Ricochet = Selfish Play and is not hardcore.

• 14. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    maccabi

Wheels1AWTT wrote:

As for Ricochet, I like it for the most part because it makes HC more realistic,

This because the first thing we learnt in basic training was watch you fire as you would get hurt if you shot a squad mate

• 15. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    NoLifeKing29

Yeah I had no idea bullets reflecting off of teammates and killing you instead counted as "realistic."

• 16. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

You're rubber, he's glue...

• 17. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    Wheels1AWTT

OK trolls, how many morons does it take to counter a non argument. Obviously ricochet is not " realistic", it make people have to play in a more realistic way than in core where you can shoot THROUGH team members...

So between shooting through people and dying if you shoot a team member which is MORE realistic?? I didn't say it was realistic.

Oh, and anyone who spells learned as learnt, should have their speaking privileges removed.

• 18. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    LifeSong1

The problem with Ricochet is the game has too many issues that need to be addressed before hand.  I don't typically try to kill teammates and usually have a pretty good idea of where they are at, but sometimes your teammates are running so much that there is no good way to keep track of where they all are...even with good communication.  Thus, that is the first issue.  A second issue is that the game doesn't always show you a teammates name. Due to invisible barriers, their name doesn't show up. The game has taught us that if a name doesn't show up that it is an enemy. You'd be surprised how many teammates I've killed due to this. Third, scorestreaks/killstreaks can affect them even though it is the enemies fault. Should I die because of my streak killing a teammate? (Running into a airstrike even though I told them not to move...or running in front of a sentry gun).  Those things should not penalize me as they are the idiots.  Ricochet punishes me for issues with the game mechanics and that doesn't sit well with me. I would much rather accidentally kill a teammate, explain that it was an accident and have to deal with them possibly being selfish and killing me back than a random suicide.  I get that in real life your teammates would be pissed off at you...and for good reason. This is a game. They can still get mad at me and even kill me if they want. But killing myself just doesn't make any sense.

Ricochet needs to be removed from ALL COD games IMO

• 19. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    maccabi

Wheels1AWTT wrote:

OK trolls, how many morons does it take to counter a non argument. Obviously ricochet is not " realistic", it make people have to play in a more realistic way than in core where you can shoot THROUGH team members...

So between shooting through people and dying if you shoot a team member which is MORE realistic?? I didn't say it was realistic.

Oh, and anyone who spells learned as learnt, should have their speaking privileges removed.

1) Over the years a lot of people have commented on my massacre of the English language which makes what I'm about to say even more ironic.I can only assume you aren't aware LEARNT is the past participle of the verb "learn". As such the use of LEARNT was correct. 

Before you throw down the you're a moron card (which btw is an almost guaranteed way to shorten your life expectancy on the forums) I suggest you actually re-read what you yourself wrote as it was you who said ricochet was more "realistic".

Fact is ricochet is horrible and is despised by the majority of the hardcore community because it isn't realistic and completely changes the whole ethos and feel of hardcore. The knee jerk addition of it into mw3 ruined hardcore for alot of people. It caused major issues that were never addressed and did nothing to curb "trolling" in hardcore , in fact it made it easier.

Now I am fully aware some people like ricochet, but every discussion i've had with Infinity Ward regarding hardcore has said the same thing it ruined hardcore and hardcore is a lot better off without it, the only mode it should be implemented into is S&D and that's it.

If you like ricochet that's fine, but because some people aren't able to remove their finger from a trigger is no reason to ruin everyone else's enjoyment of a game mode that historical has never had ricochet nor wanted it.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next