9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 3:36 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

Dual player question

Whack-a-newbie

If I'm playing on the TV with a Wiimote/ProController and a buddy is using the gamepad to play, and HE doesn't have a NID or BO2 account... what class/score streak options are available to him? I've noticed in the lobbies, player names appear as NID and NID(2). I'm assuming this is how we would be presented to the world, but I'm not sure which weapons and equipment he'll have access to. Does he have free reign to use any of my stuff, or maybe he's limited to only the default classes? Or worse still, he is just given which ever class I'm using?

Thanks in advance for any input.

• Re: Dual player question
    BobbyMcGee

default. if you wanted to check yourself it prob would have taken less time than creating a thread...

phxs72

I can't speak for the Wii but on the PS3, he would have access to everything that you do.  In fact, he could setup his own classes, scorestreaks, etc based on what you have unlocked.

Whack-a-newbie

We'll have to give it a shot. This seems more useful than being stuck with default classes. Probably what I'll need to do is fire up an alternative NID and earn up some levels so he'll at least have a decent assortment of class components to start with.

He's a longtime Halo player, never been on COD games before so we thought we'd team up and I could watch his back while he gets a feel for the game. I think I recall reading here that it is possible to have two NID's logged on if one is on TV and the other on GamePad.

phxs72

I think that I see what you are saying.  When you first asked it was NID and NID(2) which on PS3 would be the same account effectively logged in twice for split screening.  In that scenario NID(2) has everything that NID has available.  However, if you actually log in another account (ie NID and NID B) then NID B is completely separate from NID.  You'd be split screening but he would start out with whatever had been earned on NID B up to that point.

Whack-a-newbie

EDIT: Just tried this at home. As phxs72 experienced on PS3, the "guest" player has access to all my classes, not as McGee suggested only access to default classes.

Ya, originally that IS what I was getting at. I've got conflicting reports about what we'll encounter, so we'll just have to try and see what comes up. If McGee is correct and he's limited to default classes then I'll do the alternate NID deal to rank him up a bit before dropping him into the mosh pit.

Thanks for your response!

Whack-a-newbie

Oh it was bad. This weekend we tried dual screen mode for the first time. The performance was really horrible. My on-tv frame rate dropped so low it was almost unplayable. My buddy on the small screen didn't know any better, so he didn't complain about frame rate, but his control responsiveness was pretty bad. Relatively long delays between his fire command and the actual weapon firing, etc. I would say it's a unique novelty, but based on the five games we played yesterday, it's not really a useful option.

BobbyMcGee

Its not just you, it is your u, and everyone elses. I have yet to hear from one person who doesnt have the issue that your describing. Its not lag, the person on tye pad has no clue, but its as if your running in quicksand..