18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2013 1:41 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

Wii Remote Sniping Montage

barolb

So, its been about a week now, and i thought i should post it here for those who have yet to see it. Back in August, Elite King and I planned a montage... And here it is

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9i8Y4bJoV4

 

I chose the name Primus because it's Latin for "First". This is my first full out montage and this is also the first time i went out and recorded clips for a montage. Calling it "First" sounds odd, so i used Latin to make it sound a bit more interesting   To make note: While i did spend about 2 weeks worth for gathering clips, not all of those clips are actually here in this montage. If anyone remembers the Seven Days of Wii Remote Sniping thread i made a while back, there are alot more "montage" like clips i got during those 2 weeks than i did in that compilation. This doesn't mean all of them are in this montage though... The best has yet to come

 

I would like to thank Elite King for pushing me during those 2 weeks to get new clips for the montage. If there is anyone to thank for how and why i got some of the clips since mid August it would be him. I also greatly appreciate and thank him for the time and effort put into editing this montage. It turned out great This montage will be having a sequel that's currently in the planning stages though...!!!! I'll probably either make a new thread whenever it's released or i'll update a post in this thread again in the future or something.

 

With all that written down, i hope you all enjoy the montage

  • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
    EliteKing

    i said it once and i'll say it again...

     

    you make sniping with the wiimote look way too easy!

     

    thank you for the kind words, i merely put it together, you did all the work gettin those insane clips.

     

    i really cant wait to start up on your next one.

  • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
    LinkHdz97

    How do you keep it so steady? i also use the wii mote but every time i try to use a sniper my aiming is awful, i can not ever keep it steady?

    • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
      WiimotesRus02

      Its quick scoping, not aiming..

      • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
        EliteKing

        wrong.

         

        its called quick scoping with a wiimote.

         

        there is no AA that locks on and fires wherever the person is no matter where you have your reticle at like DAs.

         

        i dare you to go out into pubs and strap on a DSR and try this out for yourself.

         

        no DAs, pure wiimote and we'll see who aims and doesn't aim.

         

        it may look easy and thats only cuz Barolb is doin it, but rest assured, its a lot harder than it looks.

        • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
          WiimotesRus02

          EliteKing wrote:

           

          wrong.

           

          its called quick scoping with a wiimote.

           

          there is no AA that locks on and fires wherever the person is no matter where you have your reticle at like DAs.

           

          i dare you to go out into pubs and strap on a DSR and try this out for yourself.

           

          no DAs, pure wiimote and we'll see who aims and doesn't aim.

           

          it may look easy and thats only cuz Barolb is doin it, but rest assured, its a lot harder than it looks.

          Yeah its good and I know for a fact that with this game I couldn't do it, not with my connection, but what ever you say I still don't consider it aiming. I'm not taking anything away from Barolb and the video is well put together, I told him on his last video (I think it was his video) it was good to see a wiimote doing what he does, but quickscoping imo is not aiming, and hey, its out of the next game and its almost worth buying just for that. Peace!

        • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
          nintendon't

          EliteKing wrote:

           

          there is no AA that locks on and fires wherever the person is no matter where you have your reticle at like DAs

          How do I unlock this? I never got that when I snipe.

      • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
        barolb

        Well, being quick on your toes does help, but even then you still need to aim and steady scope to keep the scope from moving too much. Even while you're steadying the scope, you can still move the scope quickly. As i go ADS i also usually steady my aim.

         

        Not really sure which ones classify as being quickscopes, but from my own jurisdiction, there are 4 (i think) quickscopes in the montage. 3/4 are panic quickscopes. The 4th is pretty obvious (the split triple headshot feed clip).

         

         

        I didn't see any comment like that? Was it on the montage video its self, or was it on a different video?

        • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
          WiimotesRus02

          barolb wrote:

           

           

           

           

          I didn't see any comment like that? Was it on the montage video its self, or was it on a different video?

          I have no idea, it might not even be yours, but i'm glad you can see where i'm coming from. Sniping from a hidden spot is aiming, quickscoping isn't, what ever controller is used..

          • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
            barolb

            If you remember what the video title was or the cursor color, then i could tell you if it was mine or not. Heck, even telling me what weapons/setup/perks/map and if it was recorded live or in theatermode or if there was commentary over it/topic of commentry or if it was just gameplay or something like that. I don't have photographic memory, but i generally remember the far majority of things i record. I can tell you right off the bat that i have yet to record a recent full length game in theatermode. Any recent matches i've posted to YouTube are live recordings/gameplays or live commentaries.

             

            You didn't post it in Spanish though, right? Just want to make sure.

             

             

            I'm willing to agree to disagree on that statement as it also contradicts my own general playstyle in CoD. The guns or utilities i use don't matter; i always rush. I rush with the assault shield even. Give me a combat knife and i will become a moving shadow. I'll rush, but never be seen until after i take out my opponents

            • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
              WiimotesRus02

              barolb wrote:

               

              If you remember what the video title was or the cursor color, then i could tell you if it was mine or not. Heck, even telling me what weapons/setup/perks/map and if it was recorded live or in theatermode or if there was commentary over it/topic of commentry or if it was just gameplay or something like that. I don't have photographic memory, but i generally remember the far majority of things i record. I can tell you right off the bat that i have yet to record a recent full length game in theatermode. Any recent matches i've posted to YouTube are live recordings/gameplays or live commentaries.

               

              You didn't post it in Spanish though, right? Just want to make sure.

               

               

              I'm willing to agree to disagree on that statement as it also contradicts my own general playstyle in CoD. The guns or utilities i use don't matter; i always rush. I rush with the assault shield even. Give me a combat knife and i will become a moving shadow. I'll rush, but never be seen until after i take out my opponents

              All I remember is the video I saw, which was posted here was the map plaza, that's all i'm afraid. Lots of shooting on the main central stairs at the entrance to the club..

      • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
        Whack-a-newbie

        What I saw was an interesting mixture of QS and aiming. But, as EK said, QS with the Wiimote isn't quite the same as the "heat seeking projectile" QS with DA. It still requires a bit of a steady hand. As you acknowledge (and I painfully discover every time I try to earn those iron sites on the Ballista). It always amuses me to watch a final kill cam and see a DA sniper's crosshairs half way across the reticle but somehow that bullet still finds it's mark.

  • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
    LuRcHED

    Nice montage, barolb!

  • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
    MajorStains

    I take my hat off to you Barolb.

     

    I can only compare my sniper kills to having sex after marriage, both are extremely rare and end up with an empty load!

    The last successful sniper kill I had was probably picking off the map glitchers on Cliffside!!


    Good skills and great vid (Hacker). Kidding...that's what I call anyone that's better than me.

  • Re: Wii Remote Sniping Montage
    Whack-a-newbie

    This vid motivated me to try again last night. Ballista iron sights... you WILL be mine. Oh yes, you will be mine.

     

    Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime this week. LOL! When I'm ADSing my display feels like it's on a rubber band. If I move too quickly I drastically overshoot my target. If I move slow and steady I'll frequently loose my opportunity. I thought maybe if I turned on Aim Assist it might help a little. HA! That seemed to make it worse. Like the rubber band effect got exaggerated.

     

    Bottom line, barolb's got the swagger and me... not so much.