13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 7:05 AM by GulfCoastGirl RSS

Origins Offline Not Showing Up - Help please?

leAfterlife

Hey guys, i downloaded all the DLC on my account, but when i go to play zombies offline solo or splitscreen at my house with my friends or partner, i want to play the new origins with them but it doesn't show up in the selection screen. I tried googling it for an answer but i couldn't find anything on it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks forums.

• Re: Origins Offline Not Showing Up - Help please?
    boybad

Did you install it? what console?

studiedapollo8

might have to download it multiple times I know I had troubles maps not staying on my hard drive once I disconnected from xbox live. Mob of the dead does this for me but I just got to keep downloading the map pack and that might work. Origins map pack shows up on my hard drive but then again usually the last map pack I download will always show up.

EmiliozGunz

Hello leAfterlife,

It could have been a bad download. Please try removing the content and re installing it.

Also, what console are you playing on?

^JG

ATVI Support

leAfterlife

Hey guys, thanks for your advice.

I downloaded the map pack on a Xbox Slim 500gb console.

At the moment, I just deleted the add-on, and currently re-downloading, I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks again.

leAfterlife

hey again, i tried to re-download after deleting it off my hard drive, and it still isn't showing up while i'm offline

Any other help would be really helpful. I really want to play origins at my new place.

EmiliozGunz

leAfterLife

Are you able to see/play the map online?

Also, if you try play solo without any friends, are you able to see the map or is it still not showing? Can I ask that you take a screen shot of what exactly it is that you are seeing.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

leAfterlife

hey guys, sorry for long time wait.

i can play the map and it shows up like it's supposed too ONLINE. (Solo or co-op)

but when i go back to my flat, since i have no internet access it doesn't show up in the zombie map selection screen. (completely gone) but it still on my hard drive.

also i looked into the local bots multiplayer offline and i cannot select the maps from the Apocalypse DLC either.

Yankeephil

I've posted this on here 10 times, you need to delete the DLC, then do a license transfer to your console, then re-download it. The only reason it won't show up offline is because it's not the 1st console and hard drive combo that you originally downloaded the DLC to. So therefore you need to have your license attached to that console first then any DLC you download to it after that point will be available offline. They do that so people don't just go and download all the DLCs to all their friends systems. But since it is yours they allow you to still play it if you're signed in online. Take my advice and it'll work

Yankeephil

I've seen this before (My brother had the same problem), If you're offline you need to do a license transfer to that console. If you read the Microsoft or Sony EULA (End User License Agreement) When you download add-ons anyone can play them on the console you originally downloaded them on, and you can play them if your account is signed in ONLINE on any other console. So either a license transfer or console swap or sign in online

Chucky6661

IIt will not let him download if he needed license transfer. And I assume it's working online so....  Try deleting all maps, just delete the game data utility folder on the XMB, then for reasons I can't explain I believe you must re-install the apocalypse DLC first, then do a system restore, I read this yesterday somewhere, apologies I can't provide link but should work        Edit, sorry man rushed thru your post, that was PS3 instructions lol good luck though

Yankeephil

It will let him download it without a license transfer, he just needs to be signed in to play it so therefore it has to be online, then when he license transfers all of his DLC will become available offline

GulfCoastGirl

Chucky6661 wrote:

IIt will not let him download if he needed license transfer.

NOT TRUE!

Yankee Phil is correct in what he's saying.

I have 2 xboxes.  One I keep in my home (my primary xbox) and one I travel with (I take it with me on business trips).  I am free to download all the content on my 2nd xbox that I purchased and first downloaded from my primary xbox.  The thing is though.... on my 2nd xbox, I can only play the original maps on the game disc when I'm not on-line.  So for example, if I play in the airport I can't get on-line so I can only play the original maps.  As soon as I get to a hotel and connect to internet and play on-line, then ALL DLC content is there for me to  play from.

As Phil said, the content is licensed to the original Xbox and therefore that is the only xbox it can be played on when not on-line.   Deleting and re-downloading is doing nothing to correct the problem.

TylerCupcake

You have to sign in to XBL, then play it, if it isn't the console you downloaded it onto.

This stops DLC passing, as you can only be signed in from one place.