CALL OF DUTY
I have submitted this on Facebook as well, but I wanted to post my issue with Skylanders Lost Islands here as well. About a week ago my game started crashing every time I tried to save my progress to the Cloud. At the time I was running iOS 6.1.3 on an iPad 2, Wifi only. Even when I upgraded my iOS to 7.0.2, the problem persisted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice now with no change.
The problem is still continuing - so far I haven't lost any Skylanders (84 of 85; haven't added Barkley yet), gold, gems, kudos, or energy, nor have I lost my levels. However, within a few minutes of restarting the game, it either shuts down on its own or when I try to save to the Cloud and I lose all that I had gained since the problems started. I have missed out on Super Tuesday, Monday's offers, offers over the weekend, and lots of Kudos from my friends for visits and gifts.
I have made a significant monetary (and time) investment into this game and it is very frustrating that I can't play since last Friday. I need help to get my game back and working properly.
Activate ID - John Benedict
Message was edited by: OGHuxtable Due to privacy reasons, we have removed your email address from this post.
Very sorry to hear about this reset on your account! I will do my best to forward this along, but before I do, I need some additional information.
1. Click the purple banner in the lower right hand corner. Go to Options > Help > and look for the FAQ that most accurately describes your issue. If there is a support code located on that page, then please let me know what it is.
2. Roughly how much real world currency have you put into your account?
3. Have lost any ranks/levels in game?
Here is the information you requested; looking forward to fixing this issue and getting my game back:
1) When I click on Options, then Help, then game exits just like it does when I try to save my game.
2) According to my iTunes records, I and my son have spent $232.52 on the in-app purchases for the game since this spring. Depressing that it was that high, but that is what I have spent. That is way too much to begin at the beginning, especially since I have entered my codes for Skylanders that my son owns into the game as well as those that I purchased with gems. I had just won Skeltal Cynder and used Kudos to buy Admiral Thumpback, plus I used Gems to buy the last Alter Ego, Cupid Flameslinger, all before my game crashed.
3) As of today, I have not lost any ranks or levels in the game. I have screen captures of my game with what is the last save, including what is on all my islands, I have 84/85 Skylanders; 1365 Gems, 22,597,135 Gold; 501,119 Energy; 565 Wish Stones; and 1015 Kudos.
Also, I need to report that my wife's Skylanders Lost Islands game has started crashing as well. Here is her specifics for your records and to start a case for her as well.
The game started crashing yesterday after visiting her friend's islands to collect kudos. After that, any time we try the game, even after a hard shutdown of her iPad, it crashes as soon as we try to save the game.
Device: iPad Mini
Activate ID: AlexandraB
She has spent a total of $36.86 on gems packs and single Skylanders offers since she started the game in the February/March timeframe.
Her Game Levels before the crash:
Level 32, 99.4% complete to go to Level 33
All islands unlocked
I have screen captures of all her islands prior to the crash as well as her inventory and her Skylanders, if needed. Hopefully you can fix my issue and hers soon - we both love this game and so does our son, and now that both of our machines are down, it is very frustrating that we can't play and we have potentially lost all that money.
Any word on my game recovery? I haven't heard anything since the 14th, over a week ago and it has been almost three weeks since my game went down and I reported it via Facebook then again here on the 10th. I also posted last week that my wife's game went down as well for the same problems and I put her information up on this site as well. I would appreciate an update on the status of my account - I have seen others that had their games fixed. If there are this many issues, doesn't it point to a greater problem with the game than individual corrupted saves?
Is there any word on updates for my issue? I have been down for a month now and over three weeks since I reported this issue. I realize that there are a lot of folks with issues, but I haven't heard anything and it is very frustrating. During this time I have missed out on numerous offers/quests/etc., plus the amount of energy, gems, gold, kudos, and wish stones I would have earned.
As of today, 6 November at 0600 EST, my game appears to be working and I am able to save to the cloud. I will let you know if there are any future issues. Is the company doing anything for all the gamers that have lost a month or so of gaming due to the cloud save issues? It seems only fair, especially if we have invested as much as I have into this game.