11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 6:04 AM by TheRealSgtDaddy RSS

Registered wrong clan name, how to change?

ThePr0phet

Was trying to register a clan name.  After trying several and finding out they were all taken, I finally hit on one.  Now the problem, I got a hit because I accidentally misspelled the name.  Must of been the frustration of trying so many that I hit the keys in the wrong order and of course it was accepted.  Would have appreciated a prompt that asks you if you're sure that's the name you want.

Is there a way to get out of this clan and start over?  I obviously can't register a different name now that I have this mistake of a name.  I know that you have to wait until 11/5 to edit your clan but by then all of the good names or the correct name I wanted will definitely be taken.

Would appreciate it if Activision would let you correct you mistakes now and not have to wait for month to do so.

Thanks.

• Re: Registered wrong clan name, how to change?
    maccabi

You wont be able to change your clan name till the app launches 5th nov but you could always get a friend to register the correct name in the meantime

LifeSong1

If you are the only one in the clan is there a way to "Leave the Clan"? If so, try that and then re-reserve a name once you are no-longer in the clan. Not sure if this works, just thinking through a workflow that would make sense in my head .

ThePr0phet

Unfortunately there isn't a way to leave the clan if you're the only one in it, LifeSong1.  I guess since this is early registration, once you create it, you're in it until Nov '5th.  Which really sucks.  Although I can see the something that says remove member, it doesn't work for the clan creator/leader.

Activision really didn't think this through well enough.  Seems like they started this early reg thing too quickly to get people excited about Ghosts but didn't put anything in place for typos or unsatisfied players with unwanted clan names.

I'm hoping that one of my friends can register the name correctly and then I can join that clan to get out of this unfortunately named one that's attached to my profile for another month.

Thanks for the reply LifeSong1.

LifeSong1

Remember, Beachhead is the one developing this and they don't have a very good track record on these things at the moment. None of this truly surprises me that they are having these issues. I truly want Elite/Clans to be a success and not something that is just rushed in, half-heartedly supported, and quickly brushed to the side. It has so much potential and I have many hopes...I just hope those hopes aren't all crushed in a very short period of time.

ThePr0phet

Didn't know someone else was handling this transition.

I completely agree.  It does have a lot of potential.  Got real excited when I saw the trailer.

From what I've seen so far, it seems like they're putting a lot of effort in clans.  This pre reg might just be a quick thing they gauge interest .  I guess it was too much of an effort to put in a verification pop up before creating the name or allowing us to delete the name if we weren't completely happy after a week.  You'll have to wait a month to find out the name you wanted is taken.

Time will tell as always.

ThePr0phet

I was afraid of that.  Now I'm stuck with a dumb clan name on my profile.

I thought of that idea but was hoping there was a way to at least remove myself from it without resorting to asking one of my friends to register another name.

Thanks for the reply maccabi.

XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

I also was in a hurry and misspelled my clan name. I just created another email account and another elite account, then preregistered the right clan name.  Then come Nov.5th I will just invite my first account and turn over leadership to it.  At least this way you reserve your correct clan name. And don't have to rely on others.