1 2 3 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 4:11 PM by abelthywicked RSS

Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?

Hotpants22

They look exceptionally well balanced and that is what is making me pre-order this game even after BO2

• 1. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    belly120

they should be better but time will tell.  having loathed sniping in previous titles (not just quick scoping) i think the push to make the sniper rifles more accessible and playable with dual render scopes and more consistent damage should make them more enjoyable for more players. 

the marksman rifles will be a go to weapon to shut down snipers but will they balance against assault rifles and smgs?

either way from gameplay footage they seem good but until we all start playing its kinda hard to say.  

• 2. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    iamyourfather

From what i have seen shotguns look balanced, but snipers will still be able to qs unfortunately from the videos i have seen. but they can still change it.

• 3. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    ModernWelfare

And by "balanced", you mean underpowered, right? The shotgun shown was the MTS-255. Its got a FIVE ROUND mag, a FIVE FOOT 1 hit kill range, and doesn't shoot so fast - even if it's semi-auto! There has got to be a range increasing attachment that increases a shotgun's range by more than just 10%, and a better ext mags, or else we've got more useless shotguns that shoot marshmallows.

You seem to not like 1 hit kill weapons... Why?

• 4. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    maccabi

ModernWelfare wrote:

And by "balanced", you mean underpowered, right? The shotgun shown was the MTS-255. Its got a FIVE ROUND mag, a FIVE FOOT 1 hit kill range, and doesn't shoot so fast - even if it's semi-auto! There has got to be a range increasing attachment that increases a shotgun's range by more than just 10%, and a better ext mags, or else we've got more useless shotguns that shoot marshmallows.

i'd disagree with that assessment im actually half way through editing some footage i recorded of the mts in action which should be "soonish"

• 5. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    Adam1234567893

If you don't wanna have to use tactic or skill or strategy or flank routes while using shotguns then stay in Black Ops 2 or use a different weapon. We don't need another R870 or Striker incident again. Gotta love shotgunners oh takes skill to use a shotgun but all I see shotgunners using is the overpowered shotguns or the spray and pray ones it's getting old in MW2 it was Ranger Akimbo or the Model Akimbo in Black Ops 1 the Spas-12 in MW3 the Striker in Black Ops 2 the R870 shotgun it had nothing to do with the shotguns being the only usable ones cause I have used every shotgun in all those games and they seem fine while the ones you shotgunners use are only the overpowered easy to use ones.

• 6. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    mdub

Adam1234567893 wrote:

If you don't wanna have to use tactic or skill or strategy or flank routes while using shotguns then stay in Black Ops 2

BO2 shotguns.... dont require tactics, skill, or strategy? But using an SMG or AR does?

Adam1234567893 wrote:

We don't need another R870 or Striker incident again

Neither shotgun, even comes close, to MW2 Spas or 1887's. Not even in the same universe.

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Gotta love shotgunners oh takes skill to use a shotgun but all I see shotgunners using is the overpowered shotguns or the spray and pray ones

So COD, doesnt have any other spray and pray weapons? SMG + laser sight = skill?

Adam1234567893 wrote:

I have used every shotgun in all those games and they seem fine while the ones you shotgunners use are only the overpowered easy to use ones.

So.... people, that use shotguns, only use the OP/easy ones? There are no other weapons, in COD, that fit that description?

Adam1234567893 wrote:

it's getting old

It's getting old, alright. Your constant bashing, of anyone, that doesnt play the way you want them to.

• 7. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    Firesens

The footage you've seen is all apha gameplay, it isn't the full proof game.

• 8. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    Adam1234567893

Really still stalking my posts? Please stop harassing me simply because I don't agree with your logic. If you can't do that then you really are that immature and psychotic.

• 9. Re: Anyone notice how balanced the snipers and shotguns look?
    ghostdigga

Well we haven't seen much of them so far, but from what I've seen, the sniper rifles look a lot more consistent and more like long range precision weapons than they ever have before. I believe the only shotgun we've seen gameplay footage from is the Russian MTS-255, which looks nice and fairly effective. I just hope that the shotguns won't be like they were in MW3, with the USAS 12 and Striker being ridiculously powerful, and the rest being a waste of space (from a competitive standpoint). Overall, I have faith that Infinity Ward has learned from their mistakes, and hopefully we won't be seeing things like the Type 95 or Akimbo FMG 9's in Ghosts.

1 2 3 Previous Next