39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 10:15 AM by Chaos_1 RSS

Nothing we can do but wait and hope!

Chaos_1

I know as well as anyone else does about the situation with Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for Wii U, and the problem with getting add-on-content for it. What I can see is that the Wii U Community are either outraged, disappointed, or just plain upset (or all 3 take your pick :3) at this turn of events, but let's face it. Making countless threads for asking DLC to be on the Wii U won't change anything. The Devs have no info. clearly one of two (or more) possibilities exist for the reason info for DLC doesn't exist.

Note!: These 2 reasons are based of speculation and nothing more.

1. Activision and Nintendo haven't reach a deal that would benefit both companies in the case of add-on content for Wii U.

2. Activision never intended to bring add-on content to Wii U (well for Black ops 2 at least.)

But of course these are just pure speculation, it's nothing more than an assumption  to why this situation exist. Clearly there's nothing anyone can do until Activision and Nintendo Reach a suitable compromise that can benefit them and the Wii U community as a whole, until that point we'll just have to wait, and hope that a compromise can be reached.

I know how most of you feel, I too am furious that we don't get the same type of support as other consoles do. But ranting about it won't bring DLC to the Wii U any faster. Just be patient, even if we don't get additional content on Black Ops 2, there's still Ghost, and it might be possible we will get DLC there.

• Re: Nothing we can do but wait and hope!
    like2nap03

Wait and hope....Yeah wait and hope people will stop making these threads. 

BobbyMcGee

i know seriously. dlc would ruin matchmaking people non stop post this same garbage over and over and over. same on miiverse. having dlc would make us wait and hope every time we try and find a match.

edit. this is not speculation. these are the facts. you say youve seen the countless threads, but have you read any of them?

Chaos_1

I have read a few, but clearly not as much you so obviously have. :/

Padiego

Bobby is right. It's hard enough to find a match right now(yesterday me and a couple of friends spent around an hour just trying to find a match and not have half the party time out as soon as we got in one. This is without DLC.....with DLC ,it'll just be worse). Save DLC for when the community is a bit bigger.

Ever since the black ops forums.......thousands of DLC threads.....it gets tiring after a while, you know?

Chaos_1

I understand that, but that's exactly why I made this post, so people would stop posting threads about DLC. Do I do agree, it's impossible to find players anymore. But don't understand what you mean when you said DLC would make it worse. Perhaps you could enlighten me so i can understand better.....

barolb

When DLC is released it is placed into its own separate playlist. At this point you can only play in lobbies where others own the DLC, or you can play without the DLC in regular map rotation. There are usually alot more people playing the regular map rotation than the DLC map rotation. After some amount of time has passed, the DLC maps are added to the regular map rotation and players who own the DLC packs are then separated into different groups. When you search for a game, you are searching for a lobby where the players have the same DLC map pack combinations as you. Imagine this: 2,000 people are online throughout the day, where you would have at most 10,000 people interchanging with others for their position for the number to remain stable. This means that at any given point you would only be able to find so and so amount of players. Furthermore you have to take into account that there are 16 (was it?) different map pack combinations if you count all 4 map packs + regular rotation group. Divide 2,000 by 16 and you have how many people will be in each group (hypothetically writing).

If DLC were to to be in regular map rotation, this would separate the number of players from non DLC map rotation and DLC + regular map rotation. This increases and then the different combinations become ever increasingly difficult to gauge. You could have 100 people who bought 1 DLC map pack, 200 who bought another, 50 who bought another and 10 people who bought the last one... Eitherway you look at it, these people will nolonger be able to play with those who don't own the map packs. These numbers add up fast. Right here are 360 supposed people who would not be able to play out of 2,000 people at a single point in time. DLC would be a bad idea at this given point in time.

Suppose Treyarch decided to release the DLC, but not move it into regular map rotation... The DLC map lobbies will be just as bare bone as some of the game modes currently are on the Wii U version.

In either hypothetical situation, under the circumstances of DLC being released, it would pose to be more hurtful than helpful. If they do it, some people will come back to play, but what happens after a while? You get bored of it. Those who gave up already will get tired of it all over again and go play something else. It will only prolong the inevitable.

Incredible_Mr

Quit partying with brits then! Its hard enough finding a game playing solo for me, I just spend half the time jumping into the water

Ganserk

All this is bs i'm sick of tired hearing the same thing releasing dlc will split the community etc etc. simple solution is to use ai bots there are already present in online if there are only 5 people with map then add the other sets to bots BE DONE ! END OF STORY.  gear of war does  this and its being done on next cod :ghost this can be done with black ops 2.

What about the weapon? Why can't they just  release weapon pack with zombie map as this you can play single mode or coop offline

doesn't matter anymore its too late the next cod is coming maybe  wii u owner can get black ops 2 map on ghost with gun that were never release on for the wii u.

Padiego

If I wanted to play against combat bots, I would just play combat training.
      I do NOT want to play against Ai Bots,which is why I play multiplayer against real people to begin with.

Ganserk

you will still be playing with other people online it will be fill up with bots if there weren't enough to start playing with if someone else join that match the bot will be replace by a online player that simple. gear of war does it soon it will be cod ghost treyarch could have done it with wii u owner  the game have a online mode call boot  camp that puts newbie with bots and mix them up while they get xp this method can be use for the new maps.

WiimotesRus02

Its all still irrelevant, yes it is possible to come for the WiiU, but clearly there is a discrepancy between the game makers and Nintendo, so you aint getting it. Jesus these threads are so boring...

barolb

All this is bs i'm sick of tired hearing the same thing releasing dlc will split the community etc etc

Well, it's true. You could be sick and tired of hearing about how your body needs food and water to continue living, but the fact of the matter is it's true. If you don't eat or drink water then you'll die at some point, quite a bit sooner than if otherwise.

There are more variables to take account of rather than just the number of players the have the map packs. You also have to take into account the locations of the players. Pwnsweet has made light of this many times with being unable to get into a lobby. Getting map packs would mean the exact same thing. if you end up having to search on "Any", you will get lag. You will have to deal with a laggy lobby. You will also have to accept the possibility that nobody else would join your session and you would be stuck in a 6vs6 game with 11 (or 17) bots. You want to buy DLC just to play combat training? Ok, that's up to you; however, the original intend of multiplayer was to play with multiple players (AKA other people). For why people would be against it would be against the traditional methods for which multiplayer has enacted on over the years, and to further boil it down this game has 1/1,000 of the activity of the other platforms. Suggesting an idea that would likely not work is an idea not fit to be implemented. It could probably work on the other platforms, but on Wii U i would not hold such a suggestion as a fix for the lack of players issue.

Wasn't a boot camp like game mode also in Crysis 2? I remember hearing about how Crysis 2 made new players be in lobbies with other new players and once they reach a certain level they would be thrown out of the newbie lobbies.

Anyways, nice idea and attempt, but i just don't think it would work properly on Wii U at this time. It's a feesible idea, but its requirement is the same as any multiplayer game's requirement: There needs to be people who play the game to begin with.

----------------

Let's be realistic here: There is no reason to play Call of Duty on the Wii U. To some of us there is, but to the general gaming audience who does not use the Wii Remote or care for off-TV player it matters not. The Wii U version will forever be screwed if this isn't fixed, and to be quite clear i have no intention of even trying anymore to 'fix' the gamer's side of it. If you take out the Wii Remote, the Wii U version is identical to the other versions, but it lacks DLC and long term support; there is literally nothing different about it. Wii Remote use and off-TV play aren't things that interest everyone, it isn't for the masses. Therefore, if you take those two out of the equation, it's the same experience the gamers could get elsewhere. There would be no reason to buy it because it is an inferior experience with the lack of long term support and downloadable content. Since Black Ops 2, this is nolonger just map packs, but general DLC such as weapons and camos; not to mention Nuketown 2025, a free map available to EVERYONE (excluding Wii U users). You see the problems here? Even if these things are done, then it would still be a "Well, i already have friends on PS3 so i don't think i'll buy it for the Wii U". You have console preferences. The Wii U version has nothing to encourage people to buy it unlike the Wii versions did. Nintendo made some unique things through the Wii U. You can highlight the console's features as it's features pertaining directly to the console's capabilities. Make use of them, and properly capitalize on them. If you don't, then it's just a missed opportunity.

This is the last time i'll give a 'new' suggestion. And to make point, this is part of my reply isn't directed at anyone in particular besides Treyarch, if they are reading this.

Chaos_1

I'm going out on a limb here but, you say that the Wii U version of COD nothing to offer, yet the wii version does. what exactly about the wii versions that would encourage people to buy it rather than the Wii U version?

barolb

For one, it's the Wii. To the unknowing customer it looks different than the other versions (less quality 'graphics'), and includes the Wii Remote as a primary controller with 3 titles not including support for any alternative control scheme. In other words, you would be forced to play differently. Then Black Ops Wii and MW3 Wii included support for CC and CCP, which isn't at all bad. It was still different because it offered two controllers to play with which PC was the only other platform that would allow such a capability.

The Wii U has proper DA controllers that are similar to the controllers on the other platforms; one of which is the primary controller for the console. Move and Kinect aren't used in Call of Duty on the other platforms. Furthermore, the visuals on the Wii U version are the same as the other platforms.

Use theatermode footage, don't include Wii U in the title and call it PS3 or 360 gameplay and i bet people won't be able to tell the difference. I'm being serious here.

Chaos_1

The wii remote was a nice little addition i'll admit, and it does give gamers a new way to play the game, but honestly it's just a small gimmick that only a few players use. The same could be said if COD could use Kinect or PS-Move. and honestly, if the graphics on the wii u was less then the ps3 and 360, then it would be even less appealing to players. (of course i could be wrong).

WiimotesRus02

Chaos_1 wrote:

The wii remote was a nice little addition i'll admit, and it does give gamers a new way to play the game, but honestly it's just a small gimmick that only a few players use. The same could be said if COD could use Kinect or PS-Move. and honestly, if the graphics on the wii u was less then the ps3 and 360, then it would be even less appealing to players. (of course i could be wrong).

I made a thread a while back asking what controllers people used, the wiimote, even on BO2 outnumbered everything else, its not a gimmick, its a damn good way of playing fps games, some say its more natural to point and shoot. So, to introduce a multi controller scheme was the death of the wiimote and the CoD game. It should have stayed unique to the console, both the Wii and the WiiU..

Ganserk

barolb wrote:

All this is bs i'm sick of tired hearing the same thing releasing dlc will split the community etc etc

Well, it's true. You could be sick and tired of hearing about how your body needs food and water to continue living, but the fact of the matter is it's true. If you don't eat or drink water then you'll die at some point, quite a bit sooner than if otherwise.

There are more variables to take account of rather than just the number of players the have the map packs. You also have to take into account the locations of the players. Pwnsweet has made light of this many times with being unable to get into a lobby. Getting map packs would mean the exact same thing. if you end up having to search on "Any", you will get lag. You will have to deal with a laggy lobby. You will also have to accept the possibility that nobody else would join your session and you would be stuck in a 6vs6 game with 11 (or 17) bots. You want to buy DLC just to play combat training? Ok, that's up to you; however, the original intend of multiplayer was to play with multiple players (AKA other people). For why people would be against it would be against the traditional methods for which multiplayer has enacted on over the years, and to further boil it down this game has 1/1,000 of the activity of the other platforms. Suggesting an idea that would likely not work is an idea not fit to be implemented. It could probably work on the other platforms, but on Wii U i would not hold such a suggestion as a fix for the lack of players issue.

I would rather have a option. what many big business or haters keep posted is than other console sold more than the other (wii u) those people shouldn't be treated the same. Those same people that gave $60 same amount as the other console  yet activision/treyarch don't give the option to buy what the other are getting? I don't care if i suffer from lag i don't care if i am a host i don't care if i have to play splitscreen (that how multiplayer work before internet) i only care that all people have a option to decided what best.

I can say samething about playstation4 network and xbox live service i'm not happy with the decision they making but this is for another time.

barolb

I remember split screen very well. Infact, the last time i did split screening was on Wii U in August.

I don't care if i suffer from lag i don't care if i am a host i don't care if i have to play splitscreen (that how multiplayer work before internet) i only care that all people have a option to decided what best.

Ok, let me make this as clear as possible: It's the programmers (Treyarch) who decide what is 'best' for their creation. We, as the consumer, can only offer constructive criticism or make note of what we were unhappy with in regards to the product they gave us.

I'm annoyed at multiplayer and i can't play zombies because of how glitchy and buggy they are. After too long, multiplayer will constantly disconnect me, and zombies will not let me connect for more than 10 seconds. If this is the result of my Wii U, then my argument does not have any merit; however, on such basis that others encounter similar issues (which have been noted before on Miiverse), i can state my argument with some degree of validity. I don't remember actively criticizing the 'faults' of the campaign. Why? it was decent/good campaign. I didn't have any real complaints about it, but i did like Black Ops 1's campaign better as a personal preference. That's it. My problems are with the things that they have failed to fix that are there as a means of prolonging the game's appeal, which does piss me off a bit. I'm sure they've seen the thread about how many hours people put into this game on the Wii U. To some degree, it's a slap in the face to those people (including myself) who have support it and literally put days of their life into the continuing support of their product. Of course, it isn't to say that all my time on it was bad, but fighting through the issues and aggravation is by no means a way to justify that there are no problems, and to ignore them.

The bottom line is this: We, as consumers, have choices, but our choices are limited by those who own an created the product. In the situation regarding DLC, from both a business and consumer perspective there is no point in there being DLC on Wii U. If you want more options as a consumer, then go ahead and contact some developers who are developing or working on a game that would want to hear consumer input to help shape their product or go out and make your own video game. Telling Nintendo, Treyarch (to some degree Activision), or any other developers or publishers what to do about something in a similar situation as this (low consumer base; DLC would affect consumer base's grouping, etc), you will likely get the same answer every time. Business wise, it's not a smart decision unless the cost of DLC can be justified and some amount of money will be gained as a return.

Padiego

I don't give a damn if GoW does it, I WANT TO PLAY AGAINST PEOPLE NOT BOTS, I DO NOT CARE IF THE BOTS GO AWAY AS PEOPLE COME IN!!!! I don't want to join a match and find that my team of bots is losing because the other team is just having a god damn field day because my team's full of bots!

God damn it people are thicker than a snicker......

Incredible_Mr

Im actually looking forward the thing in ghosts where you can play offline but like multiplayer, only with bots. Cuts outt the trolls and constant OP BS. Also doesnt rely on shitty internet and 800 ping

GHOSTED

If they had never intended to put out DLC for the Wii U, then they wouldn't have printed it on the package.