11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 9:05 AM by bubbacake RSS

So I went back to play the original black ops this weekend..

BMooch

Wow what a huge difference.. The maps are wonderful.. The hit detection for the most part was at least fair (although some games I was completely out gunned).  While the gun selection is awful at least it was even.  Not sure what happened between that game and II but I honestly loved it.  I'm a huge hardcore fan and the games require of a bit more strategy not just running and shooting from the hip all game.  Not sure if any of you have played it recently but had a great time.  Makes you appreciate how much better IMO that game is over BLOPS II

• Re: So I went back to play the original black ops this weekend..
    starbuckfrack

Yep the hit detection was so good when Black Ops 1 came out that there was not a single complaint on the forum.

Oh wait a minute... The forum was full of lag complaints and poor hit detection.

TheHive-Grandad

The last time I checked this game had been out for what, eleven months (hardly just released Starbuck). Yes BO1 had complaints...when it was released. Certainly not anywhere near what BO2 has eleven months down the line. The OP is spot on, all the old cods are a joy to play even now when compared to the two most recent releases.

starbuckfrack

Did I make a claim that either game was just released ?

And in three months this one will be "lag free".

and if you think the lag complaints ended a month os so after release of Black Ops 1 you are wrong. You can easily see that on the forum that the same exact cycle that happened in this game will happen and HAS happened in all of COD history. The entire year of Black Ops was full of people crying over hit detection issues. Just like MW3 people were crying up to the last day that Black Ops had hit detection and lag issues. Ghosts will have the same PLUS people will be crying they got in a game that wasnt on the dedicated servers when they will have no idea how they were connected. They will say that the game that WAS on a dedicated servers should not be P2P and say they will demand money back because they played a "serverless game".

you cant compare lag to a game that has few players anymore. One reason the game doesnt have lag anymore is because probably  the people that hated lag (or created it with bad connections) have moved on to other games

Only difference between BO1 and BO2 is not the lag. Lag has always been there. The internet has a thing called latency and each game had its own problems of dealing with lag.

TheHive-Grandad

"Yep the hit detection was so good when Black Ops 1 came out that there was not a single complaint on the forum."

That sounds a lot like you are comparing the op's post to BO1 at release, BO2 hasn't just been released though and has effectively finished it's update cycle. So what we are playing is the finished article and the multiplayer experience (not weapon balance or poor maps) the actual matchmaking and host selection is far inferior to previous titles makingthe number of what the **** moments so much more regular.

And I also suggested that BO1 had far fewer complaint threads 11months down the line when compared to BO2, not that it didn't have any at all.

starbuckfrack

I have been on this forum for the last 5 games and I promise you that all the lag complaints were the same.

For example people in MW2 complained about how bad the lag was and they said it was worse in MW2  with complaints than WaW. I counted a total (per capita) of ten percent more complaints in the WaW forums than in the MW2 forums.

I am not comparing any game during its release . I am talking about the one year life cycle of the game. Look at those links I provided, they were AFTER the release of MW3, and not at the beginning of Black Ops 1. Those links were 23 to 24 months AFTER the release of Black Ops 1. That was when Black Ops TWO was being played ! So why would a game that supposedly has no lag in it still have lag complainers almost TWO YEARS after its release ?

Black Ops 1 ran from Nov 2010 to Nov 2011. So why are there lag posts in 2012? These are lag posts AFTER the release of Black Ops 2 that I linked.

So a game that is not as laggy as Black Ops 2 is getting complaints during the beginning of Black Ops 2 ?

Only reason there are more complaints is because there are more players. The per player complaint ratio is the same. Only reason it LOOKS like less complaints because 90 percent of the complaints are from people who got banned.

You want me to provide more links from Black Ops 1s life for you ?

TheHive-Grandad

There are more players but not significantly more and the fact that the complaints have even increased is testament to the failings of the developer. A sequal should improve in all aspects of gameplay and so what you would expect is a decline in complaints despite an increase in users. Unfortunately as you have yourself admitted this is not the case and so thank you for agreeing that this title is not an improvement on the previous treyarch titles.

Izjar11

TheHive-Grandad wrote:

There are more players but not significantly more and the fact that the complaints have even increased is testament to the failings of the developer. A sequal should improve in all aspects of gameplay and so what you would expect is a decline in complaints despite an increase in users. Unfortunately as you have yourself admitted this is not the case and so thank you for agreeing that this title is not an improvement on the previous treyarch titles.

Lag complaints might have seemed less (if that was the case) because there were less players! But none the less that complaint was up there with the others: Camping, FAMAS and what ever else people considered to be OP.

Guess what in ghost, you will read the same complaints!

starbuckfrack

Can you prove it was the failings of the developers ?

Or is it a bunch of posts from people crying because they cant play the game right ?

EVERY online game out there has latency in it. I would like to see you develop a game with 0 latency between players. Oh wait you cant because it takes time for the signals to reach all the players.

You dont like the game then dont buy it. There is a thing called the internet where you can see how good a game is BEFORE you buy it. But if you bought it that was your decision and your fault.

I can understand if you buy a game and its not for you, that you dont like it. But this game isnt broken. Every player is not complaining on these forums. A lot of players are out there kicking ass and taking names.

Why is that ? Why is it that for example people can say they are at a disadvantage as host while others say they are at an advantage ?

Why is it that even though people agreed to the rules yet the still get banned for breaking them and then the blame the game makers because they had a Swastika ?

Cause the problem is always someone elses fault. People that complain repeatedly couldnt be at fault because everything about them is perfect.

Say you got a potato sack race and all the bags are torn. Where is the guy picking up his trophy ? Now where is the whiner who is complaining about the rips. Still at the start line looking thru a wall of tears watching someone else get the trophy.

nothing has been, is or will ever be perfect in this world.

Izjar11

BMooch wrote:

Wow what a huge difference.. The maps are wonderful.. The hit detection for the most part was at least fair (although some games I was completely out gunned).  While the gun selection is awful at least it was even.  Not sure what happened between that game and II but I honestly loved it.  I'm a huge hardcore fan and the games require of a bit more strategy not just running and shooting from the hip all game.  Not sure if any of you have played it recently but had a great time.  Makes you appreciate how much better IMO that game is over BLOPS II

I did something similar about two weekends ago and my experience was the total opposite!

The slower game play, the empty clips, the never ending tactical, grenades and claymores was a good reminder of why BO2 is more progressive.

I do agree the maps gave me a good feeling, and few are worthy of coming back (in my opinion).

I enjoyed BO for what it was at that moment but BO2 is simply another beast that has improved from that title.

bubbacake

There's less BS, as far as I'm concerned.