4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 4:54 AM by phxs72 RSS

Anybody got a good class for the XPR sniper rifle?

darkrangeresp

Looking for a more traditional sniper build not quick scoping.

• Re: Anybody got a good class for the XPR sniper rifle?
    Megadog14

XPR with Acog and Fast mag.

Works well at all ranges.

darkrangeresp

What I have been running is

XPR

Ballistic CPU

B23R

Flak Jacket, Light Weight

Fast hands

Dexterity

C4

Emp x 1

I just use the rifle as a very traditional mobile hard scoping class. I tend to use controlled aim shots rather than spraying.  I just like the weapon better than the ballista or DSR because I can take on multiple targets quicker than with the bolt action rifles.  The b23r is just a starting weapon because I don't like to get caught with the rifle in close combat.  I usually will swap it out for the first shotgun or SMG I find on the ground.  That is the primary purpose of fast hands in the class. C4 and the emp grenade are just general problem solvers. Again any advice would be welcome.

SitRepPro

Someone else who knows that semiautomatics are the way to kill multiple enemies rather than the mentally retarded players who persist with bolt action rifles!

Anyway:

XPR with Ballistics CPU and Fast Mags

Flak Jacket

Toughness, Cold Blooded

Engineer

B23R with Fast Mags

phxs72

The Ballistic CPU is a big help in the XPR.  It has some wild up and down swings while ADSed which are greatly lessened with the CPU attached.  Past that other perks, etc really depend on ones playstyle.  I have always used it as a semi-auto Ballista.  It has roughly the same OHK box as the Ballista.  So aim high and time your shots.  As with most semi-auto guns going full auto with it is counterproductive.  And as Sitrep has suggested a good pistol back up will save your butt.