45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 8:23 AM by footballrule RSS

For the love of COD, get rid of Tac Insertion!

footballrule

It is like a virus, spreading too every sniper player. BO2 has it bad, MW3 has it just a little, but man is it annoying! You kill people so you can push up, but with 4 people using tac insert, it becomes really irritating. why are they even needed? A good player doesn't die a lot. This game should only reward good players so bad players will practice enough to get as good! Come on IW

• Re: For the love of COD, get rid of Tac Insertion!
    leestatic
    A good player will anticipate a sniper hanging on the corner of a map will have a tac insertion.
    OPStealthRecon

ya I would just use sit rep to detect them and destroy them if your so worried about it.

Foxhound-Pro

BO2: EMP nade if you know they're using it after your first death.

GHOSTS: Charged 9B will destroy equipment and stun your enemies.

Keep in mind that shaping your own spawn is a great tool. A good player will control the map in more than one way.

OPStealthRecon

hey if you haven't already you should look at my post over sat coms in free for all and share it with your superiors.  and sorry about my post earlier my mistake. and good advice.

Foxhound-Pro

OPStealthRecon wrote:

hey if you haven't already you should look at my post over sat coms in free for all and share it with your superiors.  and sorry about my post earlier my mistake. and good advice.

I'll check it out, but that isn't a guarantee that it's going to be shared. That's not part of my primary responsibilities here. Send me a PM next time too.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

footballrule

TThat's just it. You shouldn't have to keep spamming EMP grenades everywhere and 9bangs! have you seen the videos on YouTube as proof? Maybe its worse in ground war, but tac insert is out of control. Main reason I quit BO2 and back to MW3 was snipers with tac insert. It is too dominating of a tactic, if you can call it one anyway. I see the same problem coming in Ghosts.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

footballrule wrote:

TThat's just it. You shouldn't have to keep spamming EMP grenades everywhere and 9bangs! have you seen the videos on YouTube as proof? Maybe its worse in ground war, but tac insert is out of control. Main reason I quit BO2 and back to MW3 was snipers with tac insert. It is too dominating of a tactic, if you can call it one anyway. I see the same problem coming in Ghosts.

So it all comes down to you getting owned and that's why you want it gone.

footballrule wrote:

.This game should only reward good players so bad players will practice enough to get as good! Come on IW

You are the one getting owned yet you're calling them bad players.  You're the one who quit BO2 because you can't adapt. Sorry but you're the bad player in my book.

footballrule

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

footballrule wrote:

So it all comes down to you getting owned and that's why you want it gone.

footballrule wrote:

.This game should only reward good players so bad players will practice enough to get as good! Come on IW

You are the one getting owned yet you're calling them bad players.  You're the one who quit BO2 because you can't adapt. Sorry but you're the bad player in my book.

I Am not th only one getting "owned". There's nothing good about this. It's already proven that tac insertion is a broken mechanic in the game. Boosting really started in MW2 when tac insert was brought into the game. now snipers only use them to try to get feeds for YouTube. Look on YouTube and see that I'm not the only one getting "owned" by the tac insertion, not the player. look at BO2 online numbers. Many people have quit BO2 for numerous reasons. MW3 by this time had way more players. play BO2 ground war for a few hours and see how you do. I keep a KDR above 3 and a 400 plus SPM so I rush a lot and play the objective a bunch.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Let me ask why you want the game to get easier for you? Is it because without the Tac Inserts, the game would be easier? You already have decent stats and a player of your stature should be able to brush off pretty much every tactic. I'm only 2.75 playing solo TDM 100% of the time. I'm not 3.5 like you yet I can steamroll any tactic I faced.

footballrule

Let me ask why you want the game to get easier for you? Is it because without the Tac Inserts, the game would be easier? You already have decent stats and a player of your stature should be able to brush off pretty much every tactic. I'm only 2.75 playing solo TDM 100% of the time. I'm not 3.5 like you yet I can steamroll any tactic I faced.

There you go. You play solo TDM. You don't go up against any tactic besides rushing and campers. In ground war and other objective game modes. You see a huge variety of tactics used by many players. You cannot relate to what I and many youtubers go through in the game. I used to only play TDM, but it's too easy and I like a bit of a challenge with crowded lobbies. Don't get me wrong, obviously I'm forced to find a way to beat this tactic, which I why I don't die often, even though I keep a high SPM. But no single equipment should be so game changing, forcing the throwing of EMPs everywhere on every map.

Foxhound-Pro

footballrule wrote:

I play a lot of objective modes where using EMPs to clear enemy equipment, not just TIs, makes a lot of sense. If the game provides me the ability to destroy equipment and gain points toward my streaks while countering the enemies positioning, then I'm going to do it and would be foolish not to do so. There is little room for ideals in online play when the developers give us heaps of opportunity to address the problems we encounter.

Also not sure what "proof" I need to see or find on YouTube. If it's complaints about TIs being OP then I'm not going to waste my time with that.

footballrule

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

footballrule wrote:

I play a lot of objective modes where using EMPs to clear enemy equipment, not just TIs, makes a lot of sense. If the game provides me the ability to destroy equipment and gain points toward my streaks while countering the enemies positioning, then I'm going to do it and would be foolish not to do so. There is little room for ideals in online play when the developers give us heaps of opportunity to address the problems we encounter.

Also not sure what "proof" I need to see or find on YouTube. If it's complaints about TIs being OP then I'm not going to waste my time with that.

SSame here. I only play kill confirmed and domination in ground war matches. I spam EMPs not because I want to, but because I have to. Anyway, I stopped BO2 for that reason. Back in MW3, there is little you can do. I can guarantee that 9bange in Ghosts will be MUCH weaker than Treyarchs EMP. Tac insert is a broken and abused mechanic as is.

Izjar11

footballrule wrote:

Spaming? They are part of the game, and I will use them as I deem necessary. Tac inserting is far from dominating. 

frequentbanger2

cant wait for 9 bang

rankismet

footballrule wrote:

It is like a virus, spreading too every sniper player. BO2 has it bad, MW3 has it just a little, but man is it annoying! You kill people so you can push up, but with 4 people using tac insert, it becomes really irritating. why are they even needed? A good player doesn't die a lot. This game should only reward good players so bad players will practice enough to get as good! Come on IW

A lot of presumption in one post.

1. A good player may die a lot if they're PTFO.
    2. If they have you more concerned about their tac than PTFO... they're smart, too.
    3. Someone not playing how you want doesn't make them bad and you good.

fyi... it's "to".

footballrule

rankismet wrote:

footballrule wrote:

A lot of presumption in one post.

1. A good player may die a lot if they're PTFO.
      2. If they have you more concerned about their tac than PTFO... they're smart, too.
      3. Someone not playing how you want doesn't make them bad and you good.

fyi... it's "to".

1. I play the objective, keep over a 3.5 KDR and rarely die. I help my team out more by NOT dying. That goes for ANY player.

2. When you kill enemies, you hope to push up. That should be their punishment for not staying alive and getting outplayed.

3. I'd much rather people not play how I want them to. Then they would actually be good, lol. Who doesnt like newbies?

Anyway, tac insert does more bad than good.  Why keep a broken mechanic in the game)

Submit2MyWill

Counter their play, it's simple. I understand people not liking tac insert, but solely because of boosters.

When tac insert is used like it's designed to, there's nothing wrong with it. If you keep getting killed by the person and fail to adapt, it's your own fault.

Izjar11

I don't see the concern in such a menial equipment.

Nitron_F117

Hey, I love other people using Tac Insert... extra free kill for me.

trialstardragon

use the emp nade. problem solved...

No need to remove something just so you have an easier time playing the game when it can be countered by the equipment provided in the game.

rlbl

footballrule wrote:

...with 4 people using tac insert, it becomes really irritating. why are they even needed? A good player doesn't die a lot. This game should only reward good players so bad players will practice enough to get as good! Come on IW

I am sure I am not the only one who sees the contradiction in this...

A good player does not die a lot, true

A good player also does not complain about the usage of.. anything, because a good player adapts and counters.

Not meaning to insult, but seriously..

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I think it all comes down to some players wanting more. I noticed there are players who have reached 3+KD with decent SPM yet they wanted even more and want the game to be easier for them.

When I reached my stats, I realized that wanting more would bring me no good. I would get consumed and the game would not be fun. I used to play a game where I reached the top ten worldwide rankings and it became stressful just trying to maintain it. The game pretty much became a job, and so one day, I quit the game abruptly. I learned my lesson to become content and happy with whatever I have.

rlbl

I learned my lesson to become content and happy with whatever I have.

*slow clap*

Happiness is not getting what you want

Happiness is loving what you have

Back on topic:

I hear what you are saying.  Everyone has a goal (stats, having fun etc...) and when something is in the way of said goal, we want the obstacle removed.  Agreed 110%

However, the the challenge is not to have the obstacles removed, but to overcome them. You understand this I am sure, the OP does not seem to.

Bomboy23

If I had a 3.5 K/D I would care less about dying from a few snipers... They may be annoying but my K/D is still at 3.4 anyway....

adw1983

One problem is that most people who doesn't use it in Domination, Capture the Flag, Headquarters and Demolition are taking the team down with them.

And that is a problem:

When a piece of equipment wins games and people without the equipment is a liability.

trialstardragon

lol.. people without it are a liability... that's a good one. I play those game modes and never need it to win at all. so not really true there.

adw1983

In that case you have not played against similarily skilled players, and you could have used the pistol and only one hand and won.

However, I don't see how "I have never encountered people who play skillfully as a team" is an argument against a problem that occurs when skilled people play skillfully as a team.

I have not even bothered to read anything about professional play in Black Ops 2 -- but realize that MLG and Gamebattles CANNOT ALLOW tactical insertions in any game modes because of their broken nature as unpredictable mobile spawnpoints that can warp the flow of the game.

The ban will be in MLG and Gamebattles for the same reason as the offside-rule in soccer:

The game breaks down to a horrible mess of just camping enemy goal areas/spawns without it.

f1stdacuffsx

AGREED! THERE IS NO REASON FOR TAC INSERT. ESPECIALLY IN 6V6 OR ANY NON OBJECTIVE GAMES.

scotland-rules

Can I ask?....

What exactly is wrong with the tac insert? I rarely come across people using them and when I do its usually a free kill. Yeah sure I've been killed by a person who's used tac insert but in all honestly I take my hat off too them because they've got one over me.

I say stop complaining and keep tac insert if it is in the game.

iHattoriHanzo0

I'ld rather not see them as well.

Are they easy to destroy? Yes

Are they effective tool for objective games? Yes

Just feel we should all be at the mercy of the wonderful spawn system. Having the God like ability of choosing where it spawn is "overpowered" for the price of a tactical tool. Or maybe we should all just have the ability to spawn where we choose without taking up a tactical piece equipment. Wouldn't that be fun.

Whatever the developers choose, I'm good with. Just giving my $0.02.

footballrule

HHahahahahahah! It has been confirmed that tactical insertion is no longer in this game! Take that quick scoping kids! Take that boosters! They are the only ones using this useless piece of equipment and it's long overdue to be removed! Anyone that defended tac insertion had no logic behind it! Goodbye! Ghosts will be bad, but not nearly as bad as MW3 and BO2!!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Tac Inserts are gone but I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it as microtransaction item at one point.