14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 8:16 AM by Momba1 RSS

what a crock

UndreamtStone

today every match I have been in has been unplayable due to people with outrageous ping.....and the sad thing is they get the compensation and I get no hit markers....was behind 3 players with silencer and emptied 2 and 1/2 clips into them from behind and all I got was killed....and before anyone one says I need to aim better I was dead on and took my time......this is bullshit and needs to be fixed immediately....like I said what a crock...my ping 64...their ping 287

• Re: what a crock
    VelvetUnicor

So glad it's not just me. Today all the games I've been able to find are with players from who knows where with 150-300 ping.  Had to just give up after a while.

Momba1

What can be said!? For the life of me I cannot understand why someone with sh*t pings can beast on players with low pings; I can understand it the other way for sure and Rubber Bullets from mismatched hit-boxes is the core problem.

UndreamtStone

so true...and sad too

danquake

What's worse than a lagger and with timing differences?

Invisible players.

Just was on a game where I got killed by a mighty lagger (not about ping). Before this, I see nobody. But in killcam, there was 5 players around including my team (2 of them killed). They were shooting about at each other, no sound and nothing on mini map.

Just the mighty lagger jumping out with a headshot while in mid-air. There wasn't anyone in my view and in killcam, he wasn't jumping at all, I was just standing there doing nothing, not a single shot.

I seriously doubt Treyarch is going to fix these as it is from last year.

ProperDedisNeeded

Of course there's unplayable lag...

Just what do you expect when the only way to play is their crappy consolized matchmaking system. This is exactly what matchmaking is, and what all the unenlightened were so thankful for.

Just think, if BO2 had launched with properly configurable, rentable, ranked dedicated servers complete with a fully featured server browser.... it would easily have 3-4 times as many players, and everyone would be enjoying virtually lag free games.

They won't be "fixing" it either as they (Treyarch) are already slaving over the next CoD, and Activision wants everyone buying Ghosts instead of playing BO2.

UndreamtStone

very true...but die hard legit players like to switch it up...we like variety...lol...not that they know what that is

Momba1

ProperDedisNeeded wrote:

They won't be "fixing" it either as they (Treyarch) are already slaving over the next CoD, and Activision wants everyone buying Ghosts instead of playing BO2.

Definition of 'Insanity' applies "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I expect the same in Ghosts, I'm a realist and there's no way to eliminate 'Lag' or 'Lag Comp' short of a LAN Party. The elimination of Theater will reduce some Lag issues but at what cost? Otherwise Lag Comp breaks-down every single time when: Highest Ping - Lowest Ping > 50~75 ms. Worst the latest ongoing 'fix' (break more like it) favors the High Ping players. WTF?!

InfamousMist

I contacted Activision support about the hitboxes not being synced properly with the character models "lag comp" and they replied:

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support.

Understood. The game has gone through 17 patches and is nearing the end of its patch cycle, and but that could certainly be put in as feedback to either patch it out if it's a bug that was missed since the game came out, or to change how future Call of Duty games are programmed.

Momba1

InfamousMist wrote:

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support.

Understood. The game has gone through 17 patches and is nearing the end of its patch cycle, and but that could certainly be put in as feedback to either patch it out if it's a bug that was missed since the game came out, or to change how future Call of Duty games are programmed.

Wonderful - not!

ZombiesFan1

Ghosts coming out soon... it's not gonna get fix. Take a breath and wait...