22 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 12:54 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Trash talk

Sorry, I just replied on a thread, but would like to see if there will actually be a mute button that stops new jump ins from talking.

I don't always mute, so maybe holding down the x button while in a crouch position for 5 seconds would do the trick.  Some of these little guys just have some potty stink that needs to stop coming from there mouth.  As much as I enjoy telling them to get a job and buy their own xbox, what can be done about this?  Lots of racial crap too, but at least their of age.  I don't have virgin ears, but kids do, or at least I don't talk trash with them.

Phones are smart enough to recognize tones, so would like to see what headway has been made on this. They have to hear it as well, so only way to really make it work is put in an 18 and under lobby or a no headset lobby.

Really needs to be a mute button that works.

• Re: Trash talk
    dtuchpunk

You're complaining about trashtalking and you do it yourself.

This bit As much as I enjoy telling them to get a job and buy their own xbox,

Is trashtalk also

trialstardragon

That is what mute and avoid is for and report if they are really bad with the language. I doubt IW will do anything more about it. sort of doubt it will even have the mute all but party option that BO2 has.

cranium2001

Back/a or select/x(?). I mute in the middle of the game all the time.

LifeSong1

Personally the "Mute All" button that is confirmed to be returning for Ghosts should mute anyone that is not in your party OR friends list and it should auto mute anyone who joins after you do the mute all as well.  I hate how it just mutes those in the room and then you have to go in and mute others as they join.

It would be nice that if in the game there was a "Mute All but party and friends" option when you pull up the score (back button). They already have a individual mute button per player, why would this be so hard in the game?

T-boss

1. MUTE exists for a reason.

2. if they still bother you, play on PC/wiiU both consuls have drastically less ********/aka alot more mature people playing online, mostly because they repel the little kids.

LifeSong1

T-boss wrote:

1. MUTE exists for a reason.

2. if they still bother you, play on PC/wiiU both consuls have drastically less ********/aka alot more mature people playing online, mostly because they repel the little kids.

The OP knows that there is a mute. He is simply asking for an easy way in-game to auto mute everyone (as opposed to one by one) and that also auto-mutes those who join mid-game.

Switching to PC/WiiU is not very practical. People like the platforms they play on and saying that switching is a good solution is just not practical. Stating that more mature people play online on a PC than on an Xbox/PS, I'm not sure about that and where you get your stats. There are plenty of mature people on all the platforms and they all have their share of the immature ones.

I actually do not know how to mute one on one.  I can deal with crack heads and idiots.  For the most part its a rarity, most matches go pretty good, so maybe something easily gotten over.  If I were a parent, I would be livid though.  Don't get me wrong some of the kids are cool.

Not sure what a new lobby would look like:

Enter your age

That's probably about it.  I do think there is voice tech there, so maybe COD sets the standard on of these days.  Not a shot, good game guys, .....

Anyway

trialstardragon

If on the xbox you cant mute the profile and until you un mute them they are muted the rest of the time you are online.

It is not really the gane devs responsibility to add in any feature to do this beyond a simple mute feature. Anything more would be the realm of the console developers responsibility instead.

yes it is their responsibility.  I do and still do not know how to mute.  

trialstardragon

No it is not the responsibility of the game developers to add such a feature so you can be lazy and not have to do it yourself.

xbox hit back, go the name, hit x to mute during game; hit again to unmute. or go their profile and mute them. or change privacy settings to only friends and then everyone is muted all the time but friends.

if you dont know how to profile mute or changes settings go search the xbox forums. not hard to find out how.

rankismet

Crysis 3's mute all feature worked this way. You would set it and every person, in every match would be muted when not in your party.

I liked it.

But I also like giving a guy a chance to not be a douche... before I go off on them and then mute them.

wasn't told how to.  Thank you

rlbl

not sure you got you r answer:

In game, bring up the scoreboard, use the control pad to select a player and hit (X?) to mute them 1 by 1.

an in game mute/unmute all would be nice.  The reverse happens sometimes: I mute all accept party in the lobby, someone leaves and the parties get switched up. part way through the match I realize that someone on my team is muted (my own fault, but sill would be nice)

biron_w

If you play on the 360 then go to your privacy settings and just set communications to friends only. I did it years ago. Saves having to mute people every time you're in a different lobby or a different game.

trialstardragon

Yep, never hear a random again. Only people you ever hear are friends at that point.

LifeSong1

That is a nice feature, though I wish there was a way when doing that to allow you to unmute certain people for that session.  Such as if one of your friends brings in a friend but you don't want to add them as a friend but would still like to be able to talk to them.  Or maybe if they are in your party then you can automatically hear them unless you specifically mute them.  I purposefully don't have that feature turned on because it is very excluding to people I do want to chat with.

The first thing I do when I log in is create an Xbox Live Party.  The Party is equivelent to "Mute All except those in party" which is more of what I prefer. Then I only have to mute the annoying people in my party (which is typically not very many).

Project-VAG-DANO

Doesnt the party chat channel (found in one of the settings on the 360 console) automatically mute anyone that isnt in your chat room?

I know its not allowed on SnD but every other mode it is allowed.

And the party chat feature is coming to both next gen consoles so it will probably work the same way on them.

LifeSong1

My response (directly above this) mentioned that exact feature.  It is my preferred way to play games.

trialstardragon

Yep. it does the same thing. Create a party and boom everyone muted with no extra effort required at that point.

LifeSong1

Just for the sake of clarity, it does NOT do the same thing. The "Friends Only" option only allows you to hear people that are on your friends list, even if they are in your party. The "Xbox Live Party" allows you to hear anyone in your party that is not muted and/or blocked. You can easily switch out of the party if so desired, but switching out of "Friends Only" requires you to go to the dashboard settings. 

They are not the same, but yes, ultimately it will mute all those you likely don't want to talk to.

trialstardragon

for the intent and purpose of the op it does the basic same thing. No it is not exactly the same but is a simple and easy solution to the ops problems. No extra changes of settings required. No needed extra feature in the game either.

Create party, set to invite only.. free of anyone ever bothering you again for that session. or set to friends only so friends can join. either way the party system is the simplest solution requiring very little effort to use.

time to complete.. less than a minute when first starting the xbox. level of satisfaction of not hearing randoms 100%. Simplicity and ease of use. 100%

Overall issue and problem solved. 100% extra feature needed by game or console developers 0%