1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 12:32 PM by Gerbera Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    MrAdaptability

Or, you know they could properly balance the paid DLC weapons. But this is COD we're talking about and I don't think anybody trusts them to do it properly. The guns would more than likely turn out OP or underpowered. Even if the guns were perfectly balanced you would have a large group that would say the game was pay2win simply because you can buy weapons, regardless of if they're more powerful or not. So I think it's a pretty risky thing for them to do at this point with the COD community in its current state.

• 31. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    rankismet

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

im sorry RANKISMET, but if i havent personally seen all these requests for gun dlc from the much older titles, then as far as im aware they didnt exist.

What i dont understand is why your desperate to spend extra money on them?

Why is having them included in the season pass price so bad?

I'm not desperate to spend money on it... I am willing to.

If it's part of the season pass? Great.

If it's a separate micro-transaction? Great.

I just would like to see new weapons over the lifecycle of Ghosts.

It's a desire. Not a demand or even expectation... ya know, that whole entitlement thing. The entitlement mentality comes from the demand they MUST be a part of the season pass else be deemed to be a "rip-off".

If the price is too high... I won't get them. Give a good price point worth the ROI... and I'm in.

• 32. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    Project-VAG-DANO

Technically the entitlement mentality comes from the demand they MUST be there full stop, Like ive said before, i dont want weapon dlc at all, to me as a customer it just makes much more sense for them to be included in the season pass, they would sell more season passes, and customers would only need to spend money once

• 33. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    trialstardragon

Ran believes that anything that makes the game better in his eyes should be included if it can be no matter what it does to the game for other players.

In ghosts he wants extra functionality to the second screen devices and does not care if is unfair or unbalanced to anyone that does not have one.

One of the give me what I want because I want it types and too damn bad if others don't or cant have it too.

• 34. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    trialstardragon

The likely hood that would happen is very slim to nil. For if the weapons are too balanced with the others there is less reason for anyone to buy them since there is no real advantage to having them.

If the game goes pay to win they will loose alot of players over it. But they don't care because of all the fools that will gladly pay for it just because they can now be better than someone else because of a bought weapon. Just like Ascend; Hand of Kul... a free to play game.. but is a pay to win game.

If they start doing dlc like that. They might as well put the MP up for free and just make everyone buy the weapons they want instead.

• 35. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    Firesens

Pay to win only if the weapons are better than the ones you start off with, but if they are well balanced then it wont matter. It just will give more options, weapons to choose from.

• 36. Re: Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

Ran believes that anything that makes the game better in his eyes should be included if it can be no matter what it does to the game for other players.

In ghosts he wants extra functionality to the second screen devices and does not care if is unfair or unbalanced to anyone that does not have one.

One of the give me what I want because I want it types and too damn bad if others don't or cant have it too.

Showing your true colors a little bright today, huh?

1. I believe if the game is made better it benefits everyone.
    2. In Ghosts... there IS second screen functionality. Your idea of balance and mine don't align but I do care less if not everyone can use it... they're doing it. Deal with it.
    3. Yeah... that's me. I want my own Bob lane.

It's touching you have such a grasp on my POV and posts. I only know you contradict anything people post to be contrary.

PS... here's proof of Second Screen. What it does hasn't be revealed. I hope it's cool. You're welcome.

• 37. Re: Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    trialstardragon

Does it benefit everyone? No.Does it benefit those that have one and can take advantage of it? Yes, and that is the issue. Not every new toy or idea really needs to be in the game, nor does it benefit everyone if it is.

I know its there; but I doubt it will have the functionality that you were wanting in your original post about it. Will what has been seen about it be game effecting.. perhaps not as much as you hope for.

From some of your posts I would say yes. You want your own Bob lane. If I had my own Dragon lane I would have burst fire snipers and the perk double tap back in the game. Do I complain its not there, nope. Do I argue if someone says its not needed because it would be unfair, nope.

showing my true colors bright..not a chance.. showing my average colors bright.. you bet. I cant really show my true colors bright for Foxy does not really like it and has advised against it. Trust me. you would really know the difference if I was.

• 38. Re: Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

Does it benefit everyone? No.Does it benefit those that have one and can take advantage of it? Yes, and that is the issue. Not every new toy or idea really needs to be in the game, nor does it benefit everyone if it is.

It's available to anyone.. therefore... anyone can take advantage of it. Don't have a second screen device? Welcome to "life isn't fair".

trialstardragon wrote:

I know its there; but I doubt it will have the functionality that you were wanting in your original post about it. Will what has been seen about it be game effecting.. perhaps not as much as you hope for.

If you know it's there... then why try and make it sound like this something I've been demanding like a 5 year old wanting a cookie? Yeah... that would mean you couldn't be you.

trialstardragon wrote:

From some of your posts I would say yes. You want your own Bob lane. If I had my own Dragon lane I would have burst fire snipers and the perk double tap back in the game. Do I complain its not there, nope. Do I argue if someone says its not needed because it would be unfair, nope.

You're simply the contrarian. Someone has a new idea? It's bad or been suggested. Want to see something added? It'll be OP and unbalanced. Want something removed? It should stay.

trialstardragon wrote:

showing my true colors bright..not a chance.. showing my average colors bright.. you bet. I cant really show my true colors bright for Foxy does not really like it and has advised against it. Trust me. you would really know the difference if I was.

Yeah... you are. You're being passive-aggressive... lashing out at me in reply to someone else. I'll just say you're being a nozzle to you.

• 39. Re: How about weapon DLCs for Ghosts in the coming future?
    rankismet

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

Technically the entitlement mentality comes from the demand they MUST be there full stop, Like ive said before, i dont want weapon dlc at all, to me as a customer it just makes much more sense for them to be included in the season pass, they would sell more season passes, and customers would only need to spend money once

That's a reasonable argument. I get that.

But I suspect it's not included for a few reasons:

1. Generate sustained interest.
      • Instead of 4 peaks of interest for DLC packs. Micro transactions can be released independent of DLC packs and flatten out the ebb and flow of interest over time.
    2. New revenue streams.
      • ATVI has invested a lot of capital into Ghosts. Capturing low cost, high margin, on demand revenue is smart.

This doesn't imply "pay-to-win". It's optional.