37 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 5:55 AM by rustygun RSS

Wheres Ghosts Gone...?

rustygun

We 're only weeks away from ghosts now...so wheres all the new trailers and gameplay??? There was loads to get us excited about black ops 2! My two massive questions still go unaddressed...

Can you play free for all with robots and humans in the mix like you can with black ops2?

And will there be "You killed" player pop up cards or text centre low screen for instant game death info?

Shouldnt say it, but its the first year im not as excited for cod, theres just not enough build up or exciting features...

• Re: Wheres Ghosts Gone...?
    spike

I like you first Q. Have you seen the new 'squads' clips yet? My initial reaction was mixed but having thought about it, now I can't wait! It sounds like you and your (AI) squad can face another team, so like a FFA on steroids with combined real and AI players If you haven't seen the clips yet they are worth studying, you'll also get the answer to your second question if you do very exciting stuff...hope you get the bug soon ~ there's lots to look forward to and plenty of credible video clips around.

maccabi

rustygun wrote:

We 're only weeks away from ghosts now...so wheres all the new trailers and gameplay??? There was loads to get us excited about black ops 2! My two massive questions still go unaddressed...

Can you play free for all with robots and humans in the mix like you can with black ops2?

And will there be "You killed" player pop up cards or text centre low screen for instant game death info?

Shouldnt say it, but its the first year im not as excited for cod, theres just not enough build up or exciting features...

There's been a ton of trailers for new features released over the last few weeks, and expect alot more in the coming weeks. As for gameplay there's only been two sessions people have had a chance to capture footage so far  which has never happened before in a cod game before release (amount of gameplay uploaded to youtube, the first was the mp reveal in june and on the friday night at Eurogamer a bunch of the uk youtubers inc myself were invited to capture footage which has been steadily going up since. (im actually editing stuff atm and on here while in renders )

there's also the live stream video from gamescom in aug that shows off gameplay.

as for your other questions free for all with bots.. nothing has been announced which is why no one has answered the question BUT saying that Ghosts doesn't have combat training so i would hazard a guess and say this game the answer would be no. We have a new bots+ human game mode called squads where you can play matches with other humans and bots so that will most likely be the only thing we get this time round.

There's a killed you player card pop up in the top left corner on the screen but i'm guessing you haven't seen this as you seem  to have missed the gamesplays posted

I got s to disagree with you on build up and exciting features too i honestly think you've somehow missed alot of stuff.

trialstardragon

That pop up is not what they want. they want the big pop up that came in the middle of teh screen.. which I hope to god does not show up in the game.

rustygun

Thanks for the reply Maccabi. I havnt seen the killed you pop up card in the left but that sounds really promising.Ive only seen the killfeed top RIGHT. Im not too bothered if it doesnt appear centre screen so long as its clearer and more personal to my conflicts and not everyone elses. Im not too concerned aboutt who my mates have shot!

nuclear_soundwave

The only thing we have not really had revealed yet are the three gamemodes... extinction, hunted ,and grind...unless that's already been revealed and i totally missed it...

nicedrewishfela

There has been plenty out there.

I think they saw how BO2 was rammed down our throats for weeks before release, to the point there was somewhat of an Analysis Paralysis... meaning basically we got burned out on the game before we got it. I think you will see an increase in activity as release day comes about, but perhaps they learned a lesson from previous endeavours. It seems they are really just trying to reach out and let the community share their experiences with the game at the various tour stops.

Me? I like going into a game with a learning curve. If I know how everything works up front and ahead of time, there isn't that experience of finding my own way.

nuclear_soundwave

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Me? I like going into a game with a learning curve. If I know how everything works up front and ahead of time, there isn't that experience of finding my own way.

i guess your right. but if the community is interested in extinction and a bunch of other stuff involving ghosts,just before the release date shouldint they release something that will...i dunno...get people even more interested in the game?...wait a second...when treyarch made WaW didint they release that zombies trailer on halloween?

maybe...infinity ward might release some new info on some other stuff that has yet to be revealed too?

meh probably not...

nicedrewishfela

I am sure they will. But at the same time... they also know this is CoD. They don't have to advertise it to death to get people to buy it. People will line up at midnight releases. Sales may go down due to the New Gen releases... but if they really made a good game this time around word of mouth will be out there. Long time CoD players will end up getting the game.

BO2 was info overload. Ghosts seems to be doing it right so far. Time will tell...

nuclear_soundwave

hm...yeah they have been presenting it right but...there is just one thing...

they have small dynamic triggers in the maps. i understand that this is kind of new to the gameplay of call of duty but judging from what ive seen it does not seem that impressive...now what they need is a dlc with some vehicles and some sort of large scale dynamic event map...

for example, one dlc could be similar to free fall

so you start on a massive skyscraper and a player can trigger charges on the tower(charges could be activated around 5:00 left in tdm) then it collapses causing a dynamic event where the building falls over or something

now that...would be impressive...

but yeah only time will tell.

biron_w

nicedrewishfela wrote:

BO2 was info overload.

Maybe that's because they needed to convince us it wasn't a massive pile of poo

rustygun

Excactly that nuclear, activision are a little too confident at the moment, but pa and listening to fan feedback is surely essential. Not saying theyve sat there and done nothing, but it all seems a little laid back at a very crucial time. And I for one havnt seen the major features I want included in the game yet. One of those asks being a very minor thing, not a massive deal at all compared to some peoples demands. Have they heard me........still dont know??

Wheres my gta disc gone?...

trialstardragon

They are not going to listen to every single person and add every feature that person believes is needed in the game just to make them happy so they will buy the game.

Did they hear you? Yes, do they have to have it in the game just because you think so. NO.

InsaneINSN

The launch trailer will come before it releases

nicedrewishfela

Also, they just released a series of ads...

rustygun

Yes ive seen the clip with norml people talking cod...nowhere near as exciting or fun packed as that one with the celebrity guy in a jet and everything blowing up around the normal civvys. bit dull actually, as if the budget was a bit tight this year??! doesnt get me excited at all.

And so it looks like theres no free for all with bots...only tesm play, great for team lovers, not so great for free for all lovers.

And ive seen the gameplay so far but cant see the traditional, and it is traditional player card pop ups that tell you in bold letters who youve killed or whos killed you. To me, its the most important bit of relevent info and easily missed on killfeeds that are constantly scrolling and hard to see mid action!

Dont get me wrong, I look the look of the maps, but in the wake of whats gone before and whats to come ie battlefield, not to mention gta5, im just a little unexcited right now.....

trialstardragon

It is not traditional just because it was in past games. Nor does it have to be or need to be there. You really need to get over it, for it never was a major feature of the game.

It is not the most important bit of information in the game. it is one of the stupidest things ever added to the game for all it did was create mindless players that constantly went for revenge kills to be killed again.

I for one will be glad if its not in the game and so will so many others that to them and me it was an annoyance popping up in the middle as it did.

rustygun

Youre an idiot because you dont listen. You dictate what you want in the game and dont care about others, not the way forward. Of course its tradition, even a dev agreed on that. loads of stuffs in the centre screen not just callcards, like picking guns up. So lets get rid of everything on the hud if it distracts you.

I have lots of elderly friends online who havnt got the reflexes and keen eye to spot the quick info on the killfeed.

And my question stands...why not have it as an option, whats yor argument for that you fooool!

trialstardragon

Yes, get rid of all the stuff from the center of the screen it does not belong there. There are better places for it off too the sides where it is not a distraction.

Every option that is included when not really needed takes up code space that could be better used for something better. Not every option wanted by the players is nearly as good as they may wish to think all the time.

with that sort or belief may as well allow players to change teh sounds of teh guns too because that would be cool.. might as well allow players to wear pink boots because that would be cool...

rustygun

I think for me and many others its a serious omission. Sometimes the tiny things are very important. Im sure on a machine like the xbox one the coding space is negligable to keep in such a feature. hud options are more important than the thousands of soldier customisations. And if IW dont prioritise you might get your pink boots...

trialstardragon

Hud options are not nearly as important as you think. A good player does not need lots of distracting hud info being shown to them at inopportune moments when it is more of a liability then an asset. At that point I will stop playing the game and not think about it anymore. I will go to destiny or titanfall and forget about CoD. Not cry about it anymore.

rustygun

Not really sure what you meant by those last few lines trails? Did you mean I should play something else if the game doesnt give me what I enjoy?? Its not improvement if you dont enjoy the changes. Ive always enjoyed everthing that iw and treyarch have done, and stayed with the franchise while others drifted away. But this one small thing is a big deal fir me. It sounds like you dont want it because that milli second it pops up it distracts you and you make a point of saying "if youre a good player" you dont need it...You take the game too seriously. You need to relax and not stress it.

But hey, from a pro point of view that may be the view. But I play for fun, enjoying light hearted teasing..."have that John Smith" and all the silly banter as do all my mates who play for fun. Its an essential tease mechanic and if cod starts trying to get too serious il let the pros get on with it and go back to gta5.

Its a video game trails, enjoy the fun side of it more and you might find yourself enjoying the same features as me. cod always catered for both types of player, i hope that ghosts doesnt end that trend...

trialstardragon

Thing is they are not out to make YOU happy, they are out to make the most happy not the few. If it is that big of a deal then yes don't play the game anymore but that really wont matter to them either. And yes the game is moving towards the more serious aspect of gaming since they are pushing more for esports in the game. Which means removing the distractions(the bits you call fun).

This game is not really about fun nearly as it was in the past; with the esports push it is going to be more about competitive gaming and tryharding(taking it serious).

You and others like you probably wont like the direction the game is goind and 3arc/iw/activ is fine with that. They know they will lose some fans over this and they are not worried about it nearly as much as some of the fans think they will or should be.

rustygun

Who the hell are you to say the games going this way and going that way and that's the way it is and if I don't like it play something else. you my friend have got a serious case of "Im up my own a### syndrome. Dont worry, take some pills...lots of em!!!! So who exactly are you pretending to be with that post? The general manager of the cod franchise??

iDIOT!

Dont even bother with any more of your stupid posts. People come on here with their views, they don't expect things to be changed, they simply ask, like myself. They feel passionate enough about their game to spend their time expressing their views and how they feel about things, info that's valuable to debs and always taken on board whether they act on it or not...

"This game is not really about fun???? .... Im glad you said that, I was actually stupid enough to have a conversation with you till you said that. A true dev would never declare that! What has always made cod great is the ability to play the game how you wish. We don't have to be brilliant to play the game, we just want to enjoy it!

If you were running everything we would all give up gaming and leave activision with almost nobody playing it! Im sure you would do away with friends lists and private lobbies!

Tell you What, go grab a real gun and go find some mates if you want it that realistic...Please...

trialstardragon

Who am I? Common sense, thats who. Anyone with any common sense can see the direction they are trying to take the game because of esports and the possible sales it could generate over time. And no they don't care if YOU or others like you don't like it either. I have been playing this game for a while now and playing video games in general for over 30 years. It is not hard to see or understand how or why a company is doing something and the intended direction they are trying to go when certain changes are made within a game.

Actually not all views expressed here are really even looked at or cared about by most of the devs only the ones that really catch their attention ever get a second look or second thought most get placed in file 13.. to be forgotten as another strange idea. Why do you think that the devs don't comment on most idea's? Because they are too busy? Not really.. it is because they don't care about it enough to do so. They have their own idea on where and how they want to take the game for the biggest part. And if they commented back that sorry your idea was not good enough people would get butthurt over it and complain about how uncaring they are. When really it probably just did not fit with the direction they decided the game needed to go.

No a true dev will lie to your face and say they care and are listening and will do what they can to improve the game and then continue on the path they have already decided to take the game. A true dev knows that they will lose some fans by doing so and be willing to take that risk. A true dev knows they cannot keep everyone happy nor will they try too. A true dev will take the risks in hopes for the bigger reward and payoff if it goes well instead of just sticking with tried and true methods all the time and never changing the base game format because some players may cry about it.

How about you go grab some common sense and stop thinking that the devs have to care about what you or everyone else wants all the time and has to add it or keep it in the game because you feel they should. They have their own ideas on where the game should go and it will not always coincide with the players and they accept this.

You have no idea as to what I would do with the game. So before you go assuming and making an arse out yourself doing so go smell the roses and then open your eyes to see what you were really smelling was a pile of crap cleverly hidden under the words of mass marketing to make you believe what they wanted you to believe.

Why else do you think they don't do beta's with this game. For if they did people would learn about what was in the game and not liked and then complain and demand it be removed. Or they would learn what was taken out and then complain it be put back. That instead of being used to help the game people would use the beta to try and brow beat the devs in to tailoring the game how they wanted it.

And if you think I take this game serious or anything said by you or anyone else here other than a mod or dev.. you really have no clue about me at all.

I never said you could not express your views. Just the fact that they may not be listened too or cared about nor replied too beyond a comment crafted to change the focus to something else. Those that come here on these forums make up a minority of the players and not even a valid cross section of the general player base and what is wanted or liked or not about the game.

For as long as they can make record sales they don't really have to worry or care if they upset you and your friends by removing that calling card popup.

rustygun

I think the devs do care, they just can't please all the people all the time, but then I don't expect them to. The point is if I don't put my ideas and preferences in the mix then you cant moan if it isn't there or it isn't the way you want it.

Whats common sense got to do with playing a game for fun. I make aeroplane parts for a living, I've got plenty of common sense thank you. I would say you haven't if you haven't bothered to do your homework into the game as I have and educate yourself with what the top guys really want  and the direction they really want to take it. mark Rubin has made a statement that he just wants the game to be fun, that's his primary goal...so your point is?

look, to be honest I take some of your points on board, no doubt they don't care about me asking for this and that, but we gotta try right??

maccabi

rustygun wrote:

I think for me and many others its a serious omission. Sometimes the tiny things are very important. Im sure on a machine like the xbox one the coding space is negligable to keep in such a feature. hud options are more important than the thousands of soldier customisations. And if IW dont prioritise you might get your pink boots...

as you know im primarily a hc player and one of the reasons is i hate all the clutter on the screen, i gots to say though the redsign of the hud for core isnt actually too bad even i like it its info easy to had but not in a way that detracts from whats important the action on your screen

rustygun

HI maccabi, just seen that pop up call card top left! Excellent, at least we have one for who shot me, but where's the one for who I killed??

trialstardragon

Your problem in that post is your assumption that Mark Rubins fun is the same as yours and it means the same. One persons fun may not be anything like someone else's fun at all. The word fun has a varied definition when it comes to things and people and how each choose to use it. Not a one single definition fits all sort of word. So you really do not know if his fun is what you would consider to be fun.

To him fun could be a really competitive game taken very seriously by the players. Where to you fun is not about such things.

Never assume your fun is the same as everyone elses fun.

To me fun may be a burst fire sniper with a vz-db-mms combined scope. Where to others that would not be fun and would be considered OP.

rustygun

Mmm. But you're also assuming that his idea of fun is serious competitive stuff. I think that if an assumption is made at all it should at least be educated and based on many interviews and statements. One thing I do know is the debs are trying to keep us all happy even if they fail. I disagree that Mark Rubin would want the game only to appeal to serious competitive gamers which is what you suggest. Have you watched the latest video, it suggests that players from all walks of life and occupations would enjoy call of duty, leaning more I would guess probably to a good belly laugh than serious pro stuff.

The game has always tried to cater for the pro and the belly laugh brigade and I really don't think that the devs would ever try and steer it any other way, but without guessing we and speaking to him directly we will never know...

trialstardragon

Actually they are not trying to keep all happy just the largest majority of the players that is the easiest to keep happy. But what you say has some merit without him actually telling which he never will for if he did and it was not what the players wanted more would not buy the game. If he wanted more general fun and mayhem the competitive players would get upset. if he wanted more serious and competitive the casual players would get upset. So he basically has to take the middle ground and not really say which way in the end.

rustygun

Ps I know you said "could"  mean his idea of fun is something else so ok, but what I'm saying is how do you support that theory without any history of probability? I have heard countless times from the devs themselves that they don't want it too serious which is the opposite of what you say they might want?? Serious competitive is surely more pro stuff. Fun is more your everyday joe I would imagine. Anyway don't sit on the fence starting the could maybe thing trails so you escape conviction, what you're really saying is how you want it but you're hiding behind the famous neutral default!

trialstardragon

Lets set the clock back to BO.. a dev of 3arc goes and watches a mlg tournament.. next thing ya know there is a competitive list added when there was still other issues that needed addressed first. Next came MW3.. again a game that had several flaws and yet the face off game mode was added a game mode based around smaller maps and teams for faster more competitive game play. Then we got to now where BO2 had codcasting and lp both basically specifically created for MLG and GB style game playing. With each new title the game has focused more on the competitive side of the game. Now if you look forward with that sort of information it is not hard to extrapolate that there will come a title that is based more around mlg/gb and less around casual fun playstyles.

I always ride the fence. for which direction it ultimately goes does not matter. If the game becomes less than what I like I will simply quit playing it and leave it behind me and find a new game dev and game to play instead.

I already wait to see what destiny is going to be like and if anything half as good as the earlier Halo games before Halo 4 and its attempt to be a Halo/Cod hybrid I may be going back to bungie and exiting this franchise. I already will not be buying the season pass any time soon for Ghosts when it comes out because of the reksinned maps bs of BO2.

rustygun

Same here. It will be a sad day indeed if I ever walk away from cod. Sad to say it but it's been part of my life up to now, my entertainment. But if it doesn't allow me to enjoy it, and I find it more frustrating than fun, and the features I enjoy aren't on there, then it's off to titian fall for me too...

rustygun

Youre an idiot trailsgarden!!!