35 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 2:36 AM by reluctent RSS

Is there really any purpose in trolls?

reluctent

Out of all annoying things on COD black ops 2, trolling has to be the most annoying. And the worst part is there ain't nothing anybody can do about it other than troll back.

The first few days after the game came out was dreamy, no trolls on zombies. I was playing mostly with great co-operative players but now you get stuck in a lobby with a ton of trolls or at least one in some cases. My worst case of a troll, a squeaky little one, thought it would be an amazing idea to annoy the bus driver on tranzit so he locked the doors, luckily I was on the roof so i got out but the 2 guys on the bus were not so lucky. yet the troll got out to and legged it to the next stop. We all got screwed all because of him, anybody else had any prob like this on tranzit, i'd like to know what twerp annoyed you.

• Re: Is there really any purpose in trolls?
    REVENGOLOGY

nothing wrong with trolling, its the other players way of having fun, i do it from time to time myself when nothing else interests me

Chucky6661

The whole reason they do it is to get this reaction from you, which is why they are in public lobbies not with there friends

Zombie-Hell-Fire

I don't know what's more annoying those that troll or the ones that complain about troll. Really I look at it like if they feel the need to troll to have fun they must not be good at the game or bored. Either way SHlT happens no sense in getting mad about it. Just carry on knowing at least you don't have to be them and still enjoy the game.

That's what I do. Just the other day I had three players leave after we got the upgraded staffs and I had the golden helmet. They was in a party the host to that party left so the other two went with. I'm like WTF but didn't get upset about it just marked that troller/quitter as blocked.  And that's why I don't join parties anymore.

maxslick

It sucks but it is a sad reality of games.

Best to only play with your friends list you can trust.

When I now join public matches I just have to prepare myself for the worst case scenarios, trollers, quitters, novices. It adds to the challenge. The novices you can live with cause you can always show them the rope if they are willing to listen.

I know how you feel though but we will just have to live with it.

Megadog14

Most trolls troll because theyre too bad to play the game normally.

reluctent

Every guy who trolls in my lobbies only have 2 bones on their rank, novice or noobs is what first come to mind. If its a novice then i don't mind becuase at least their not here to screw everything up, most of the time anyway.

But noobs/ trolls, not worth the attention. Like you said their to **** at the game so they have to troll, those people also must not have a clue what a custom game lobby is, where trolling is actually accepted in some cases. People try to troll me when on public but usually fail in fact always fail, I'm used to trolls and always get payback for whatever they did. For example a guy on die rise took the trample steam that I had and put it down near the edge of the map, where you can fall off. A teammate who was only playing normally ended up getting killed because of his guy's version of a joke. So i get the sliquifier, wait until he get's all his perks and good pack a punched weapons and bam, sliq him off the edge and he's dead.

REVENGOLOGY

most, am i one of them?

ZombiesFan1

He meant ALL, not most. ALL trolls sux at the game, period.

REVENGOLOGY

i troll but i dont suck at the game so your statement is null and voided cause you definitely havent seen onlyusemeblade

minnesotaburns whiteboy7thst they troll that doesnt make them bad at the game 

ZombiesFan1

Trolling make the game bad for other players. So it makes you bad... Minesotaburns? LMAO. He sux bad LOL

reluctent

whiteboy7thst is on my xbox friends list! but he doesn't troll,iv'e played with him tons of times in the past, i don't know why you say he trolls cos he don't. And yes trollers do suck at the game, the idea of grief came into treyarch's mind for those specific people mostly. The people who cannot resist to get EMP's and turn it into a troll game. Don't go accusing others of trolling, and i'm not saying you suck at the game, but don't call any people you probably don't know a troller, whitboy7thst never trolls, he's actually a pro Z slayer like me, trolling makes no sense to us.

REVENGOLOGY

for a guy who has whiteboy7thst on his friendlist and watch his videos how can you say that he does not troll

as for minnesotaburns sucking i dont think you have ever seen him playing seriously have you?

reluctent

Because I've watched his vids and played with him and not once has he trolled dude, end of, i'm not wasting my time arguing about it, i have better things to be doing. One of those things is thinking about owning trollers online and new strategies to bust em up, yes i do take a good hour every day smashing those freaks up as at least I stand up to em other than let them feed on the cake.

reluctent

BTW you seem to want to turn this into an argument, i don't argue with people on this site because it usually turns out worthless, not one person other than you has even attempted arguing,

I'm just going to say one thing, you suggest that whiteboy7thst is a troller, i disagree, does this mean you have to argue or do you just accept i disagree with you. i would choose accepting the fact as arguing's only gonna get you stressed out and me raging telling you to quit it. This is just a general discussion of trolling being annoying, not framing others as trollers. But i will answer your question, yes i have seen his vids and seen that he plays normally and sometimes plays grief and messabout games with his friends, which tells me that he does not troll and screw everyone up. Have you met him or talked to him, or even played with him? If you have then ok, but if you haven't then your in no position to say he's a troller when you have not played with him personally, end of talk. If you disagree then I don't care as thats your opinion.

REVENGOLOGY

reluctent wrote:

And yes trollers do suck at the game

this is what i am targeting, you said trolls suck at the game not zombies or anything specific, you said tollers suck at the game, i have a skull knife rank, but i troll time to time does that make me bad at the game?

Im a prestige master with everything diamond legit but i troll time to time do i suck at the game?

yes there are players who simply troll cause they suck in zombies but im targeting your statement where you said all trollers suck at the GAME you did not say zombies, and neither does your title.

On that note whiteboy does trolling in multiplayer so are you saying he sucks in multiplayer?

reluctent

Well why don't you start trolling in custom instead of online, then people OTHER THAN ME would not be saying trollers suck at the game. And besides , your rank on mp and zombies doesn't mean anything anymore, no point using that as an excuse. Some of the shittest players in the world have shotguns, and prestige master. And i'm not the only person who thinks that trollers are **** at the game. I didn't want anything specific, I meant what i said. This also means the overall GAME! ALSO not once did i say whitboy7thst sucks at multiplayer, stop changing my words! And this thing about you being **** at the game, I've not seen anybody in this discussion say, REVENGOLOGY you suck at cod cos you troll, Coming up with comments like yours will start making people think that way, and yes that includes me. When I said before that I can't be bothered for an argument or a 24 hour long talk, you need to read over that point again mate. But instead you come up with another comment which is nearly the same as the last one you put up. Yaaaawn. BTW you may have figured that trolling is one of my most hated things. Treyarch came up with idea for GRIEF, for people who like trolling, instead of annoying people on game modes that wern't designed for trolling then do it on one that was.

Don't need a title or in your case "specific examples"  because you didn't make this discussion.

ZombiesFan1

BTW Minesota didn't do much Z at all, so your not on the right place to talk about him. He's a noob on MP, period

reluctent

Whitebot7thst is one of the guys who plays with his mates and does fun games, yes this can include trolling each other, but they were doing it for fun not to annoy each other to hell. I've played a messabout game with him and i just wanted to stay playing with them, but when it comes to playing properly, he's pro and does not deserve to be called a troller by you, as you do troll like you said. Before he plays grief, he'll ask his mates he's playing with whether its a actual grief and troll game or a play properly game. he does not troll online to pee off others, so don't say he is.

reluctent

Yes i did say he trolls with his mates but that's different form online. His mates knew it was a messabout and have fun game so there was no raging or screeking, just laughs and a heck ton of downs. Totally different from the trolling were discussing, the trolling that makes the good players feel like they really are the good players. Not the d***s that real annoying trollers are.

Megadog14

Usually the trolling they do is through chat (trash talking, making fun of racist kids, etc) rather than in-game trolling, if that makes any sense.

ZombiesFan1

Report em for boosting. If someone throw flash or riot shield you in a corner to get the other team to kill you/all your team, it's called boosting. I got 2 players ban for that kind of stuff, you can troll with emp or whatever that isn't offensive, but when you get me killed with your stupid stuff, i report any trolls to Acti and SONY... Better watch what you do before you troll...

Now, i just realised this is zombie forum. But anyway, if you play MP you CAN get players ban. I never stick into a lobby of zombies if people trolls, just quit that's all... Made it to round 38 today with 3 other randoms, that's been a while since i did a good game with randoms. Still some good people out there it seems

Frits_Flitspaal

People that troll usually can't take it if you troll back.

Like on survival town, if someone emp's my box, i'll box untill i got emp's, i even trade in my monkey's for payback, and then wait till he wants to pack a punch, and then emp the pap, so he loses his gun + 5000 points. But then the troll starts screaming or he leaves.

If they do it to you it's all good and funny, but when you troll back, they start crying.

reluctent

exactly, the only way to really pee off a troll is to troll back, they can't take the fact they got absolutely owned at their own game. That's what i did on Die rise as I mentioned earlier, I do remember a guy who thought that as soon as I built the sliquifier he would take it, after he trolled our team by stealing kills and flinging people off the edge with trample steams. But the thing he didn't think about which really would have been common sense was what if he, (WHICH IS ME) snuck round the back where the ak74u is but he didn't. So just to really get payback, i snuck round the back and built the sliquifier. He was busy killing zombies up the stairs in the sliquifier room and he noticed me take it. My f***** god did he rage. he threw his grenades at the bench and raged out the game. I was laughing my head off and sent him a message saying don't troll me if you know what's good for you mate. Obviously like all cowardly trolls he did not respond but I can assure you he read the message probably regretting the day he played with me. so yes this a good old troller owned by me, thank you for reading.

LordOfDaZombiez

Trolls can be spotted early on usually. But I find it's easy to deal with them because, as stated earlier, they usually suck so if you get on your A game and are aware of where said trolls are at all times they usually have a difficult time pulling any shenanigans and when they inevitably die, let them bleed out and they're gone. No big loss as your not going to make it to a high round with a troll anyway.

Sometimes they are enjoyable to have in the game as they add to the difficulty of a sometimes stale game mode.

If you don't want to deal with randoms who could be potential trolls, play with friends. If you don't have friends online, then advertise on the forums for a team here, or join a clan. I have seen a bunch of zombie clans forming lately and more members means more options when you need someone to play with.

maxslick

For a first offence punishment, in future all players caught and proved to be trolling should have their character heads replaced by actual troll heads. Make sure the head is oversized and heavy to slow them down. Shame them all.

Ban them if it is their second offence.

reluctent

Me and my 3 bestest mates, all set up a clan the day this game came out, a zombies clan and mp clan. When we play together we think about what we want to do, mess about or play properly. When we play properly we rock and kill like mad but when we play around its just fun. We have laughs and get over issues but really that's it.

Lunar---tick
    i like trolls in public lobbies as it adds an element of surprise, keeps you thinking fresh and on your toes.. it's actally. good thing for your personal experience and gaining said experience.  funny think is joined a lobbie with a bloke with troll in his username, he said i'm not a troll, i said i dont care. now a freind of mine and a bloody good zombe player.
      reluctent

I've seen a lot of people with "troll" on their name, but this like you said does not mean he is a filthy troller, sometimes people are amazingly good at the game no matter what their name is. I never judge people by their name until i've played with them. If they are a troll then I usually come up with a better name suited for them and then send it through a message. Just a reccomendation message i say. Only as usual they don't respond, quite funny sometimes.

BooYah_

Watch Vanossgaming. His zombie videos are hysterical...I dont have a problem with trollers. You play the way you want and they play the way they want, simple. You can still carry the game to a high round or pull a joke or two on them and roll(troll) with it.

Killbook

The purpose is to use other people's negative emotions for their pleasure and entertainment.

Fog115

I see your problem.

You play Tranzit.

reluctent

Surprisingly enough, not all the time, no matter what map I'm on there always seems to be somebody who thinks its funny to mess people around. Especially on buried, this freak that I met thought that he could get the time bomb, so he did and then put it down on round 3, then when we all pack-a-punched and got RGM2's he just randomly flicked it and we lost everything, all we could hear after that was his squeaky laugh. One guy in the lobby hacked him off xbox live and rendered his IP address as blocked so he couldn't make another account. I was happy he wouldn't be doing that anymore but that was only 1 in thousands of dum, stupid and completely unwanted trolls.