1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 4:44 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 20. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    TinyLittleTimmy

I think it's really getting off subject, the music is problem. Explosions, trains, and stuff are part of the stage, that's fine if you just have to adjust to sounds from your realistic environment, but its the silly music and gay announcements that are the most annoying part. Think about it, let's say you just started playing, Level 1 everything, used the eraser for example like I did a couple times, so you are already good. Those first few matches all you hear are guitars and announcers screaming in your ears even with the music turned off. Every time you level anything up or unlock something new it plays some crazy little tune anyway, and every single score streak gets announced to you both when you get it and when you call it in, not to mention all the cheesy medallions and stars popping up covering up your screen. So, if you get like 50 to 80 kills you have to hear that over and over like a broken record. I often get so many level ups and streaks that these non-realistic sounds and images get queued up since they can't play on top of each other, then all I hear is guitars, announcements, rewards until it gets clogged all up, both sound and images. If that doesn't kill you then the lag caused by all this extra junk will. Plus, if your announcements get queued then the enemies announcement won't play until after your own can finish, so if somebody on the other team calls in a missile you won't even know about it until it's already blown you up.

I don't think they would create a game with true surround sound using variable location/material environment modifications then add custom COD 7.1 earphones if all they intended was for you to hear was cheap sound effects or for you to mute the game to make it playable. The game should just be easier to play with sound and not totally annoying.

The same goes for MICs. If I say MUTE ALL BUT FRIENDS in a lobby then I want everyone else muted all the time. When someone else pops in that I don't know and don't want to hear (country or rap music, foreign babbling) it doesn't make sense that I have to keep bringing up the menu over and over to mute them one-by-one as each person falls in and out of the lobby, plus hear them on all my friends mics re-verb too until we can all stop and hit mute. It makes me so sick I often just quit. 'Mute all but friends' should be an in-game option rather than an in-lobby option that stays on all the time.

• 21. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    trialstardragon

No it is fact Ran, good players do not need the sounds removed to do well in the game. They adapt and still do well even with the loud music or other sounds. Only players that need to be able to hear the player walking up on them so they can turn and fire at that time because they have tunnel vision and don't want to have to look around need it turned off.

And if that option is not there is is no big deal either. For not every option that can be had needs to be had in a game just because some players think so. Just because you might like it or want it does not mean the devs have to or need to or should do it.

• 22. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    trialstardragon

more options is not always better than less options. that is your opinion and not a fact.

Thing is the ingame music does not bother me and never has nor ever will. Because I use my eyes and look around instead of needing sounds to tell me when to do things.

CoD the MP is a drama fest even if you don't believe so. That is why they added in the kill cam, for that extra drama it creates for the watcher and a tid bit of info on how they died. This game is not meant to be realistic or practical in all things. You want that go play Arma 3. This is an arcade shooter not a simulation shooter. And in arcade shooters is is about the drama and the noise and the music at the high points; like near the end of the match.

• 23. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    trialstardragon

The mute all feature is a run once and done feature. It does not monitor the game for new joins. It is a simple switch that when clicked once works once. Not a constantly running task.

There is a simple solution set your console settings to friends only in privacy.. problem solved. Or create a party and make it friends only accessible again problem solved. No extra needed task running just so you don't have to do anything else ever again and just be lazy about it.

• 24. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    Lalo67

*whispers* this other guy has tunnel vision...

• 25. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

No it is fact Ran, good players do not need the sounds removed to do well in the game. They adapt and still do well even with the loud music or other sounds. Only players that need to be able to hear the player walking up on them so they can turn and fire at that time because they have tunnel vision and don't want to have to look around need it turned off.

And if that option is not there is is no big deal either. For not every option that can be had needs to be had in a game just because some players think so. Just because you might like it or want it does not mean the devs have to or need to or should do it.

Your "opinion" on the quality of a player based on their ability to ignore an in-game sound is not a "fact".

Also, have I written anything procalaiming IW must or should provide this option? No.

It's a request.

A desire.

A preference.

Not a requiremnt.

• 26. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

CoD the MP is a drama fest even if you don't believe so. That is why they added in the kill cam, for that extra drama it creates [...]

The kill cam... is in the game... for drama.

That is funny stuff.

• 27. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    trialstardragon

It is Ran. the kill cam is the action or drama scene shown in most action movies/tv-shows where the hero kills the bad guy. Same as the final cam. It is not just about alerting the player how they died by who with what from where. pretty much teh game could do with out and not have any issues if it was removed. HC players dont have it, nor do they need it.

it is basically just a filler in core for those 3 seconds before you respawn and not really needed at all.

• 28. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    trialstardragon

You claim it is each of those but when not in the game it is complained about as how it is not right or not fair that it is not; that it should be a standard feature that all games should have, when really no it is not.

Not every desire or preference by the players is really needed in the game for it to be playable or fun.

• 29. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
    TinyLittleTimmy

You can't set your console to friends only in privacy inside of the game, maybe you can turn off invites and mics outside of the game on an xbox but that has nothing to do with in the game chat feature.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next