38 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 5:03 PM by iivrruummii RSS

Highest population? 360 or One?

brandon58dt

So obviously most people are getting Ghosts for the 360 on the 5th when it's released, but I'm wondering how many people are actually going to be switching to the One when that comes out.

I work at a GameStop in a pretty shitty area, and our preorders are like 4 One's compared to like 40 PS4's, and I'm not getting a One because $500 bucks for better graphics and sound is a waste of money to me (as I'd only be upgrading to play on the One). What I'm kind of worried about is if the 360 population will go way down when the one comes out because I always like playing on the system that has the most population.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, does anyone know how the game plays on the 360 at all? If it runs anything shy of the 60fps and/or plays how BF3 plays on consoles right now then there is no way in hell I'm playing it for the 360. I just hope it runs as smooth as it always does and I think it will hopefully.

• Re: Highest population? 360 or One?
    appledaniel

ill be playing on the 360 , probably for the next year, just dont have the scratch to buy the xbone. I think the population will be very high untill the xbone comes out, since you can just switch over.  so as everyone who is getting a xbone waits they can still play ghosts on 360, but when the xbone comes out, those players will switch over. i think you only have to pay 9.99 to switch the game over.  so im thinking many of those people getting xbone will still get ghosts for the 360 when it comes out,  then pay the 9.99 to switch it over to xbone , when its released.

Submit2MyWill

There will be twice as many on 360 than Xbox One according to preorder numbers from vgchartz.

576,292 preordered for 360, 289,729 for Xbox One.

These numbers may be deceptive though as some people will get the 360 version and then trade up to the Xbox One version when it comes out.

*ETA: I don't think people are buying an Xbox One just for COD: Ghosts. From what Ive seen, the 360 version will be identical, just with inferior graphics.

rustygun

Yeah its only graphics at the moment on the one, but very soon from what ive heard there will be dedicated servers for the xbox one and every gamer knows what a huge online advantage that will be for a lot less wtf moments!! ...Poor ps4 players, theyre very missinformed. I will always go xbox micrisoft, their online service is ten times better. Triggers instead of buttons helps too on the controllers!

The 360 version will run at 60 fps. The graphics will be a massive differenxe if youve got an eye fir detail but the huge leap forward will take time for devs to suss the hardware

KTPhoenix

Correct me if i am wrong but i could have sworn that they said it wouldnt matter if you have a 360 or a One and that everyone would still be playing together regardless. All it is, is a new system like the white arcade to the elite to the slim. Even though the consoles have changed, the network you play on stays the same.

I really dont understand what the difference is with the population for one or the other.

PUR4IDO

That's incorrect. 360 players play againts 360 players and XB1 vs XB1. From what I read, on Clan Wars, you can have members from both consoles on the clan. if your 360 clan earns XP point for a match, it benefits the "whole' clan.

KTPhoenix

In that case, i can see a big failure with the that whole system. Why on earth would they separate the networks? That means less people to play against. I dont know about anyone else but i dont want to keep getting thrown into the same lobby constantly and play against the same people all the time.

PUR4IDO

Really? Considering that there is only a 3000 Pre Order difference between the PS3 & PS4 versions of Ghosts, finding a match shouldn't be a problem on either console. You can always buy a PS4. It was announced in June; saving a $436 is really not that a big of deal. Just need to sacrifice a few things. In my case, my GF dumped me. Turned out to be great. Now I have a PS4 & an XB1. Sacrifices had to be made. Seriously, keep in mind that there are ppl who have not pre ordered the game and will probably buy at release day or the Holidays. Numbers will go up. after Xmas.The influx of new players was seen immediately after on the 25th of December.

KTPhoenix

here is how i view it. I am not getting a One until next year because i dont feel like being a test subject for the new console and have it have all these problems when i first get it. I will wait a year for them to get all the kinks and problems fixed before i switch over. That is how i see this going. After a while, more and more people will migrate to the One making it harder to find matches on the 360. That is why i have a problem with the separate servers.

But my question is, why have 2 different networks? what is wrong with having both on the same network, or what is wrong with just updating the current network and having the One and 360 run off of that?

PUR4IDO

My apologies, I meant 360 not PS3. The 360 has close to 600k pre orders. The 360 & Xb1 are two different consoles, with different architecture. Cross Platform gaming will just lead to more problems, and it's not worth the man hours, especially for dying platforms. There will be plenty of ppl playing the 360 for the next year or two. Hopefully the next cod game is pc & next gen console only. Developing for the PS3/360 is holding it back.

9mmx2

Phoenix I fully agree with you not wanting to be a test subject when it comes to the One. I am not waiting as long as you I will make the switch at Christmas. As for servers it's kind of hit and miss with the systems not being on the same server. If the One and 360 were on the same server it would improve numbers. The only problem is now you have superior hardware going against an inferior one. I care about stats lag jacks that up, if systems were contributing to inaccurate stats I would be pissed. The number of players are important that is why I came over from PC. The numbers were very low on PC and as much time as I invest in this game I switched.

sombrero1080p

poor people will be on the 360 - budget internet connection - lag

people with money will be on the ONE - budget for high connection - No lag

iamyourfather

The xbox one is new so there wont be many people buying it. Give it a few years for the one to gain its supporters.The 360 will have more people on it until the next cod game. Im assuming that the amount of players for the one will increase drastically after Christmas.

codchamp

Obviously there will be a much higher population on the 360. Simply because it is still the current system. But i am sure there will be enough population filling the X1's community that you will never see a problem finding people to play with.

trialstardragon

The 360 will have the highest population for the first few months the game is out most likely.

MillionGamer

II'm guessing that  for the  2 first months of Call Of Duty ghosts November and leading to Christmas Xbox 360 will have the most players online after than it will switch a little bit but not much and I expect that Xbox One will just have a little bit of advantage when it will come to found a game online in Call Of Duty Ghosts.

fifapro3178

Reckon 360, one too expensive?

lWontUseMyRealGT

360. Thats all i need to put

Restore_Hardcore

I'm gonna start on the 360 then make the switch when One comes out but I'm keeping my copy of the 360 cause so far just one of my bros is getting the One with me on the release date. This year will be the big transition year and may even carry over into 3arc's game next year so I'm keeping both options open.

dustycrow

myself i dont plan to get a x box one for a while. let them get all the bugs and **** out of it and let some decent games come out for it ya know? but from sound of things majority of switching to ps4 instead of x box 1. myself i preordered ghost for the 360 cuz black ops 2 is getting dull

JacobWilhelm

I'm sure a lot of people will be upgrading to XB1, but it'll be more eventual, most people want the game when it comes out, and will not wait for the XB1 version. Not to mention most people don't have the money to by a next-gen console right when it comes out, unless they've been planning for it. I imagine the next COD will have MUCH MORE next-gen action. 

The_Last_Looper

I will be sticking with the 360 version, if the Xbox One sells well then I might in the future upgrade, but more than happy to stick with the 360 version.

Hobeinator

360 will have more players and it will be far more lopsided than preorder numbers show.  Most people don't preorder games.

As others have mentioned, a lot of players will upgrade to next gen when the consoles are released (myself included), but in the big picture we're the minority.

oraclearbiter

I feel like 360 will have a larger community at first until either the price goes down, which won't be for a while, or people begin to see there aren't any big bugs or things like that. Personally, I would rather have it that way. I'm thinking that the Xbox One community won't have as many little kids running around, thinking they're cool by cussing people out. I can hope anyways

Adeeez100

A copy for my 360 on release, if the gods favour us this time around i will get a copy for the one as i will be getting one of those babies on release.

I think the 360 population will be greater even after the holidays, the hardcore xbox fan will get a one on release and some of the lucky youngsters will get one off santa, but i don't think too many will as the current gen still has a little way to go before they pull the plug.

T-boss

360# will be well above xbox1 numbers. 

major fan population is around 2:1. once the full population kicks in it will be about 5:1-10:1 for 360.

WNSA

There is a limited number of consoles this holiday season, and Ghosts launches on 360 before the One. The Xbox One player base will also be limited by the supply chain, there will probably be more demand for the Xbox One and PS4 than there are consoles. I think the PS4 and Xbox One will sell roughly the same amount of console, if the PS4's are sold out people will turn to the alternative rather than wait a month for a new shipment to come in.

Jordy627

360 for sure.