17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 4:50 AM by mwfan55 RSS

I am having an issue with copying clan roster from cod bo2 to cod ghosts

MADE4WAR

I have been trying for about a week now trying to transfer my clan roster from cod bo 2 to cod ghosts clan roster and i have been looking for a way to do it from the forums and activision and still have not found anything and also have googled it also and still nothing anyone who can help I would appreciate it very much.

• Re: I am having an issue with copying clan roster from cod bo2 to cod ghosts
    LifeSong1

When you go through the setup process of your current clan, there is an option to copy over your current clan members. It's part of that process. If you skipped that process or never had that option, then you are likely out of luck as I don't think it is available outside of the initial setup of your clan in Ghosts.

mwfan55

LifeSong1 is correct, if you skipped then you won't be able to do it till November 5. You can always have all your clan members apply by sending them your clan link.

Bardygrub

Just a quick question about "copy and paste your link" when I paste my link to a forum or email, it's about seven lines worth! Is this right! When I share it on social media it's all good though.

mwfan55

No, it should not be that long. The link is very small actually. Are you copying the link from the browser? If so that may explain the length. Just copy the link from your Ghosts clan APP. The link is located to the right side of the Ghosts clan APP. Once you click on it all you have to do is just right click and paste where you want.

Bardygrub

Hi Mwfan55,

Firstly a big a big well done to you for all your posts and help that you have offered fellow gamers! I was following your posts on how to leave a clan as I had several guys trying to join my clan but could not leave their current clan, I guess now we know why nothing was being done about the old elite!.The mods on here and other cod forums should take a leaf out of your book!

the link I am cut and pasting is the little rectangle box in my ghosts clan section, which I am sure is the right way of doing it. And no it's not from the browser.

cheers

BArdygrub

XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

"Please note that we will not be offering direct invitations to Clan Members via the Clan Registration Page during the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Early Clan Registration. We will, however, have full Clan Management functionality available in the new Call of Duty® app, which launches alongside Call of Duty®: Ghosts for current-gen consoles and Windows PC on November 5, 2013."

From the clan FAQ,   So the generated links are for people that aren't already in your clan. Clan members must be auto-populated when you setup the clan or they have to wait till Nov 5th to receive a invite. 

Bardygrub

I Auto populated and that went all good with all current members now in my ghosts clan. The issue is with non clan members, as I have read the same post as you have displayed above and it does confirm that we should be able to invite non clan members.

XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

Hmmm, all I did is the same as you:  copied the generated link: should be  //goo.gl/with approx. 5 letter and number. Sent it to someone not in my clan, they clicked the link which took them to a elite page that said you have been invited to "said" clan. Right under that message is a small blue dialog box that says "apply to clan" they clicked that and then I was able to see them under pending applications. Everything worked fine for me. One thing I might add is make sure you check marked "accepting applications".

Bardygrub

FFirstly , thanks for your help. Yep that's what the box says but when I paste it to a email it comes up with all this other "computer" language . Will keep trying. Oh, if the member is only signed up to the old elite, will they need to sign up to the new ghosts elite? Another thing is I am doing this from iPad, maybe I will try from laptop as when I copy from iPad I have to hold my finger down and wait for the copy to come up as it's not just one touch.

Bardygrub

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-M3;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red170\green170\blue170;\red255\green255\bl ue255;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\sl400\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 http://goo.gl/orq1HM\

}

this is is what I get when I paste it.

XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

Not sure why when you paste it gives you all the other computer language. Sounds like a issue with how your computer is setup. Like maybe looking at your (URL options) or (internet options) something like that. Sorry not much help in that area. I'll do some looking around on my internet options and post back if I find something. As far as the member on older elite. Not a issue, they could actually click on explore at the top left of their elite page and click on ghost and be right here.

Bardygrub

All good did the copy and paste to email via laptop, when I clicked the link it auto put it to the clip board and when I pasted to a email it was just the link. so I think when I was copying it from the ipad I had to hold my finger down and it was copying the whole rectangle box, hence all the computer coding that was on the invite in my above posts.

Looking forward to the 5th of November so we can get the app and do all this on ipad/iphone so I don't have to dust off the old laptop!

mwfan55

Bardygrub wrote:

Oh, if the member is only signed up to the old elite, will they need to sign up to the new ghosts elite?

Yes, Elite for MW3 and BO2 will be and is different than the APP for Ghosts. Any new members that want to join your clan for Ghosts will have to apply to your Ghosts APP link. If you really wanted the new members on both Elite and the Ghosts APP then have them apply to both.

Bardygrub wrote:

Another thing is I am doing this from iPad, maybe I will try from laptop as when I copy from iPad I have to hold my finger down and wait for the copy to come up as it's not just one touch.

It seems as though you solved the problem. But I have had issues from my IPAD as well. I was using Mercury as a web browser. Use Chrome on the IPAD.

P.S. even though they stated that full clan management will not be available till Nov 5 you can still invite people and accept people in your Ghosts APP. I tried it and it works.

Bardygrub

One of my mates who is trying to join gets up to the confirm clan invite but all it does is refresh the screen. This pirticular mate is already in a bo2 clan and could not leave the original clan on the old elite site no matter what he or the clan leader did. So this may have something to do with it???

I will try to open up this site in chrome as you suggested.

mwfan55

Bardygrub wrote:

One of my mates who is trying to join gets up to the confirm clan invite but all it does is refresh the screen. This pirticular mate is already in a bo2 clan and could not leave the original clan on the old elite site no matter what he or the clan leader did. So this may have something to do with it???

I will try to open up this site in chrome as you suggested.

I have a whole list of things to try but lately the one thing that seems to work is having him go through MW3 Elite. Try this:

1 - Send him a clan invite via Elite.

2- Have him access Elite via the MW3 game.

3- Have him accept the Invite from MW3 Elite.

4- If above works then he should have left his old clan in Elite and Joined yours on Elite.

5- Then have him apply to your clan via the Ghosts APP