1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next 517 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 4:48 PM by iivrruummii Go to original post RSS
  • 410. Re: Quickscoping
    Adam1234567893

Calm down like I said before there are tons of people who don't play the objective for instance I was playing Domination with a bunch of campers on my team and they sat at the A flag and camped when I said go get the B flag they ignored it and we lost because they refused to move. This is a matter of people who don't help their team or play the objective not a matter of quickscoping so why do you come back on these forums to justify why you hate quickscopers?

• 411. Re: Quickscoping
    iivrruummii

I completely agree. 

• 412. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

HeadhunterX89 wrote:

Even though the developers themselves (i.e: Robert Bowling) ADMITTED that it's part of aim assist, meaning it doesn't require you to aim? And clearly, if the guy "halfway" pulls up his gun (meaning he didn't pull up his gun) and split-second kills me without even scoping in, it didn't require him to move his sights on me one bit.

And yes, all other guns have aim assist, the difference is, an SMG or AR takes 5 or 6 shots to kill from any range (barring headshots), a sniper takes ONE from literally any distance. Also, the aim assist will push your crosshairs off the guy after the first shot with an SMG or AR (meaning your first shot is the only one that's actually "assisted" with a regular gun) whereas with a sniper, the first shot is obviously all you need, even if it hits them in the leg (which, to my knowledge, no real gun ever did that, let alone a "virtual" gun that's supposed to be much weaker than its real life counterpart for the sake of balance and fun) and there's no recoil on them, so clearly, the sniper is the only gun that *truly* benefits from having aim assist.

Aim assist has nothing to do with you leaving the target. thats owed solely to recoil. And all aim assist in this game does is make your gun harder to move off target once already on them. All it does is slow your guns turn speed while over the target. Furthermore if they have aimed center mass they should land 2-3 shots before leaving the target completely. Ontop of that a shot to the legs is not in the OHK range for snipers like the ballista. I have had many many hit markers with the gun. and yes there is recoil on snipers.

Most quickscopers DO look down their sight before firing, but due to how fast it is theater and kill cams record it as black scoping. The people who get kills in an actual Black screen are getting lucky kills because the shot was random but managed to hit. Someone wanted to point out youtube but the thing is that they all sit there trying hundreds of times to get that one kill or those 3-4 kills for that segment of their video.

In call of duty what you aim at is what you get. There is no alteration of the bullet path. where you are aimed at when you fired is where your shot is going. The only exception to this rule is when Lag is involved in which case you shots are STILL going right where they were aimed but will arrive later then they should. CoD uses hit boxes, as long as the shot is within the box it counts. The hit boxes in this game are also only tiny tiny amount larger than the player models.

Now there is a transition point where they will be counted as ADS and the shot will go whereever the center of the screen is. The players that actually do regularly "black scope" are able to do so because they have cross hairs tapped to their screen to help them line people up with the center of their screen. In other words they have already aimed at you themselves without the benefit of aim assist at all. 

• 413. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

imprisndxouter wrote:

Quickscoping has been removed.

You must aim the scope for at least 2 seconds (something rather) To maintain accuracy

Every shot that is zoomed and shot before that time period is classed as a no scope

Sniping now is more like battlefield styls aiming.

I heard...

You must aim the scope for at least 5 seconds to kill.

Every shot that is zoomed and shot before that time period will be blanks.

Sniping now is more like real life.

if you need to be scoped in for 5 seconds snipers will never be touched. 5 seconds in CoD is an eternity, you will easily be killed 10 times over in that 5 seconds. Even long range gunfights snipers will routinely lose, the only option would be for snipers to sit in one spot hardscoping one area, getting bitched at by their team for not helping enough, dieing from the run n gunners since their mobility is gone, not gimped, gone. Hell even at 2 seconds thats still way to long. Most gunfights in the game last less then 1 second let alone 2. if it drags on for 2 seconds thats because people are missing alot.

• 414. Re: Quickscoping
    poisonvein7

adam ive already touched on the topic of all guns having aim assist and im fully aware of that so before you post all guns have it please read my others posts in this thread about it so i dont have to continuously repeat myself.

in short

do all guns have it? yes

all guns aside from snipers require you to follow through after the 1st shot on your own with multiple shots.

does the sniper do this? no it kills most of the time after the 1st shot which the aim assist accounts for only.

idk what you mean by bad camera angles because there are enough circumstances online, on youtube, and in my own home in private matches (myself included so no kill cam bs) that i have seen partial scope kills even if not completely aimed.

ask for shotguns ive touched on that as well. are they a OHK? yes but only at close range. they are not effective at all ranges like the sniper rifle is.

guns should lay out like this but at the moment for snipers and like 1 gun in each category (mw3) this was not the case:

Shotgun class:   close range - extremely effective

medium range - only very slightly effective (lots of shots)

long range - not effective at all

SMG class:        close range - extremely effective

medium range - still pretty effective

long range - only slightly effective, multiple shots and to stay on target for a period of time.

Assault class:    close range - pretty effective

medium range - pretty effective, still better than at close range

long range - still pretty decently effective, kind of in between close and medium.

LMG class:        close range - very slightly effective due to the slow aiming speed and movement.

medium range - pretty effective

long range - still pretty effective but not quite as effective as a sniper.

Sniper class:      close range - very slightly effective

medium range - sort of effective due too the distance between you and the target.

long range - extremely effective

(Current Sniper): close range - extremely effective

medium range- extremely effective

You see the problem is that as of now it is the only weapon that has the "potential" to outgun every other class even when in that classes effective range, and this is why it is considered unfair.

• 415. Re: Quickscoping
    poisonvein7

so everyone is clear all of my posts reference mw3 because i never took the time to purchase bo2

• 416. Re: Quickscoping
    poisonvein7

this i can agree with you on. even 2 seconds is too long because when i snipe, if i see someone far away, i will center them on my screen and aim at them and the second i see them i line up that shot and bang they are gone. i dont have time to sit and look at them for 2+ seconds.

• 417. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

poisonvein7 wrote:

adam ive already touched on the topic of all guns having aim assist and im fully aware of that so before you post all guns have it please read my others posts in this thread about it so i dont have to continuously repeat myself.

in short

do all guns have it? yes

all guns aside from snipers require you to follow through after the 1st shot on your own with multiple shots.

does the sniper do this? no it kills most of the time after the 1st shot which the aim assist accounts for only.

idk what you mean by bad camera angles because there are enough circumstances online, on youtube, and in my own home in private matches (myself included so no kill cam bs) that i have seen partial scope kills even if not completely aimed.

ask for shotguns ive touched on that as well. are they a OHK? yes but only at close range. they are not effective at all ranges like the sniper rifle is.

guns should lay out like this but at the moment for snipers and like 1 gun in each category (mw3) this was not the case:

Shotgun class:   close range - extremely effective

medium range - only very slightly effective (lots of shots)

long range - not effective at all

SMG class:        close range - extremely effective

medium range - still pretty effective

long range - only slightly effective, multiple shots and to stay on target for a period of time.

Assault class:    close range - pretty effective

medium range - pretty effective, still better than at close range

long range - still pretty decently effective, kind of in between close and medium.

LMG class:        close range - very slightly effective due to the slow aiming speed and movement.

medium range - pretty effective

long range - still pretty effective but not quite as effective as a sniper.

Sniper class:      close range - very slightly effective

medium range - sort of effective due too the distance between you and the target.

(Current Sniper): close range - extremely effective

medium range- extremely effective

You see the problem is that as of now it is the only weapon that has the "potential" to outgun every other class even when in that classes effective range, and this is why it is considered unfair.

just because the potential is there doesnt mean that anything is wrong. The weapons still preform where they are supposed to. Snipers dominate long range, AR's dominate mid range, SMG's and shot guns dominate close quarters. The way the system is set up currently, if you are skilled with the weapon you have a chance to outdo the other player even though your weapon is not in its best range. It would be stupid to not have it as such, I promise people would feel 100x's more cheated if they lost ONLY because of their weapon choice was out of is range, such as an SMG player losing outright because its not close quarters. where as in the current system, if the player is able to control their weapons recoil they have a chance to win out, the other player still has a better chance to win though.

• 418. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

poisonvein7 wrote:

this i can agree with you on. even 2 seconds is too long because when i snipe, if i see someone far away, i will center them on my screen and aim at them and the second i see them i line up that shot and bang they are gone. i dont have time to sit and look at them for 2+ seconds.

exactly. If it was 2 seconds the ONLY option for snipers would be long term hardscoping. there would be no moving around or waiting for an enemy to show up, it would all be sitting and hard scoping that one location. In 2 seconds that player you just saw and decided to try to snipe is now out of your line of sight.

• 419. Re: Quickscoping
    poisonvein7

i think to make everyone happy i have mentioned snipers not having the aim assist until it has aimed down its scopes. and i have been told numerous times aim assist has nothing to do with quick scoping.

so what i have thought of is to remove aim assist until it has aimed, since i have been told it doesnt affect QS anyway, and this way the QS will remain unaffected (according to them) and we will be happy as well. at this point if i am still getting outgunned by a sniper in close range i will give them props and just deal with it.

i am not trying to bash anybody or be sarcastic in any way either. i just couldnt think of any other way to say it. the according to them part was meant to reflect our views on QS because as of now we believe the aim assist contributes to most of the kills and they claim it does not, so if we change this factor according to them they should remain unaffected, but yet according to us they should remain extremely affected.

a change like this would then become a "we will see who is right and who is wrong"

1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next