18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 5:37 AM by CYBER-NINJA-187 RSS

To Infinity Ward - Urgent Action Required

CYBER-NINJA-187

Dear Infinity Ward –

Please, please, please appoint a PC specific community manager. The PC community has suffered long enough and is badly represented by you the developers. Every now and then we get thrown a bone, but this community needs more. We need a focal point. We need a soundboard. We need an interactive facilitator to guide us through the miss-truths and unproven facts, which occur daily. We need someone to step-up and provide the customer service we deserve and crave. In order to dispel rumours from facts and repair the damage inflicted over the past few years. Treyarch has shown the way with its PC Dev team and this has help build a good rapport with the PC community. Making us feel less like an afterthought and a more loved part of the gaming community. I am also sure that this team and the good service it has provided, has indeed increased sales of the PC version of Black Ops II.

So please follow their example and hire a PC community manager, so that they can rise to the challenge of improving our family. With the goal of making CoD Ghosts the best Call of Duty ever. Thanks.

P.S. I am available for hire!!!     

• Re: To Infinity Ward - Urgent Action Required
    wierd worlds are these

I agree there should be someone to do what you say but, don't take Treyarch as the model to follow since there version of what you refer to which is PCDev, does nothing but post the patch notes that is it other than on Twitter where he say's "you were banned for cheating and will not be unbanned" etc, with no answers really to genuine questions regarding lag etc other than to say it's not the game it's the users broadband.

What we need is someone who will cut the **** and actually speak the truth and answer questions and I am sorry but that is not going to happen since it will loose them potential customers.

Tommy92gunner

Very well put I must say *dispite the problems I caused earlier which I am sorry for* I agree that someone at IW's office should appoint themselves as PC community management, especially since there are two different minimum specs released at this current time.

SK8Mojo

What PC gamers also what to know is about FPS lock @ 60 FPS and will they remove this on PC? Also servers can PC gamers pick the server they want to game on or will it be like console gamers and we have no choice. And what I was trying to find out about is screen resolution. I game on 5760 X 1080 and ever since I got my monitor I have never been able to play a COD game on this resolution. Today I dug out my COD4MW CD and installed it and I cant even get two different wide screen fixers to get it good to go/ work correct. It makes me nuts.... in game for both CODMW3 and COD4MW  I can pick my screen resolution but it looks stretched and does not work correct. And lets not forget Fov PC gamers also want fov being able to set it to what we want not what others want.

I wanted Ghosts so bad due to the female solder skins but I cancelled my pre order today due to the lock on FPS , no fov and the servers and yes screen resolution for 5760 X 1080. I did not spend years building my game PC to game like a console player I am not trying to be rude with you or anyone and sorry if it sounds it. But PC gamers know what a config is and we know how to set up our PC for the best FPS and some of us do know how to rent and build servers. Many PC gamers I know walked away from COD due to it being to much like gaming on a x box CODMW3 best example picks a server for you please lol.

I may want my female solder skins but I cant buy the game if it takes away FPS, FOV and freedom of choice with game servers and risk it does not work yet again with my screen resolution. What Infinity Ward needs to understand is PC gamers are not console gamers. We spend big money to build our game PC and we will not give up our FPS,Fov , screen resolution and pick your own server or build a server. I did not put out all this money building my PC to game like its a xbox. So sadly the way it seems now I cant buy Ghosts due to the things I listed. Don't get me wrong I think Ghosts will be a great game for console players but for PC from the info I was able to find it will suck and not worth the $$ to buy it. As a PC gamer as it sits now not feeling the love from  Infinity Ward towards PC gamers. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot but before I think about buying Ghosts this stuff needs to be answered and put in for PC gamers.

Tommy92gunner

Since this is an IW game, I'd assume there won't be a FOV slider *disturbing* and of course will get locked at 65, but in past games like MW2/3 had a unofficial 3rd party tool which you could use to change FOV at will, Mark did state that tools are in progress and will possible launch with the game or some time after.... who knows

CYBER-NINJA-187

Sadly the questions you have posed remain unanswered. As once again we are left fumbling in the dark for clues. I would wait until after the launch and check the forums (Gaming & Tech ones), as well as YouTube. Some of the answers you seek will start to appear and you may well end up buying the game again??? 

CYBER-NINJA-187

LOL Thanks Tommy, apology accepted. During a heated debate we humans can sometimes let our emotions get the better of us and our thoughts sometimes translate into words. Some of which can be deemed as the ‘wrong things to say’. Nobody’s perfect and I too am guilty of this. But hey what’s done is done, so let’s forget the past and move forwards by looking towards the future!!!

ToxicFuture

We should elect a Forum government to represent our views in the high council.

CYBER-NINJA-187

High Council? Very Jedi-ish LOL

And YAYYYYYYYYYYYY Elections, VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Now where’s my campaign manager at? In all serious though, I think that’s a great idea and I would support it. However, what we actually need is an IW or Activision employee to be the new PC Community Manager. We need someone who will listen, take note and voice our concerns at studio meetings etc. So we have a representative to direct our thoughts and ideas towards and someone that will action them as well. It would be a tough job, but it would certainly go a long way to show this community that IW and Activision does actually care and wants’ to show us some love!!!