21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 9:58 AM by CYBER-NINJA-187 RSS

Still no concrete info for PC

JinxSwe88

The game gets out very soon. How ever the info about the game is lacking hard.

Like say Servers. Yes they have said there will be servers... and yes they are thinking about rentable servers.

But Is it still the crappy game list option like in Mw2-3 and black ops 2? Will we still not be able to change to play what ever map we want to play on? And the game mode we want on that map?
Will we get full dedicated servers like CoD4?
Kicking and baning of cheaters?
No FOV slider? well will we get one later on?
Maximum numbers of players? Still only 18? And only 6 players in a party?

Big stuff that hasent been talked about.

If its the same system they hade in Mw2-3 and Black ops 2 you can keep ur game.

As a PC gamer I want real servers where I as the admin can pick the maps I want to play and what game mode I want.

Whats been done over the past years has killed CoD and its PC community. There are more ppl playing CoD4 today then there are players playing Mw2-3 and Black ops 2 combined.

• Re: Still no concrete info for PC
    SK8Mojo

I so agree with you as pc gamers we spend big money building our game box. It took years for me to build up my rig pig to what she is today. I don't understand  why they feel the need to lock us at 60fps or pick the servers we play on if I wanted a console game then I would buy one. I did not put all this money into a pc just to have my freedom of choice taken away from me. That is why I walked from BF games no freedom of choice with skins.

I want to have more then 60 fps and I want to build my own server/rent them then  make em . And I want to be able to play with my Fov settings my list goes on. We are PC gamers not kids who have no idea what a config is. I am going to get refund on Ghosts due to lack of info for PC and I have done nothing but look the last week. I came back to COD due to female skins in Ghosts and in hopes they stopped making it like a xbox game aka ....CODMW3 But the more homework I do the more I think wtf I am not going to play this if I am locked at 60 fps or if they pick my server lol female skins or not.

Why is it so far all the COD games from the last 5 years I have cant run my screen resolution correct and yet in game video settings I can pick it. I have a feeling it is due to they think we are console. I am going to pull out my CoD4 Cd and play that as I don't need this crap of a console game experience on PC. I will have to use widescreen fixer to play it but meh what ever. edit... ah crap cant even get wide screen fixer to work on CoD4MW

Lemwise

The reason they're not telling us pc gamers anything is because they want as many pre-orders as possible only to screw us over after the launch as usual. They know what we want, we've been asking for it for years. That's why they're teasing us with possible rentable ranked dedi's. Don't think for a minute they will actually deliver. IW doesn't give a sh*t about pc gamers, if you believer otherwise you're a fool. Personally I won't buy Ghosts after I've seen proof that IW has finally given pc gamers what we want. If it's the same matchmaking garbage only, no FOV slider and locked to 60fps they can choke on a Ghosts disc for all I care.

SK8Mojo

I fully agree with you trying to cancel my order with steam

edit... and according to policy of steam pre order games should not be a issue

CYBER-NINJA-187

You should be OK, as Steam will just cancel your order and credit the money back onto your account. They do not give refunds, so technically they are keeping your cash, but at least you get to spend it on something else!!!

SK8Mojo

This sucks why are they trying to make PC gamers into console gamers I wanted female solder skins so bad but I will not do it. First and foremost I am a PC gamer and will not give up my FPS  fov server and screen res for a female skin.

SK8Mojo

True and I got it done so no pre order for me, I just jumped the gun on this due to female skins Was not thinking my bad, I may give them full hats off for the female solder skins at long last but not for locked FPS , no fov and high resolution issues with COD games as well as how they do servers now. It also makes me very mad they are trying to restrict PC gamers and make us play like a console gamer. I so did not spend years working and building this PC to play  like a xbox.

CYBER-NINJA-187

The game may well improve post-launch, with those features being added? But to be honest after today’s events I am not too optimistic. This game has definitely lost it's shine now and I have lost some of my enthusiasm for it. I feel it’s the same dren all over again; empty promises just to boost sales. So sad really and ultimately CoD on PC will eventually die, all because of their negative attitude. Which is such a shame really as the PC will always be the ultimate platform and will always spank any console 24/7. Let’s face it a console is just a cheap PC, with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.

If there has been a stampede of cancelled orders today, which continues over the next few days, then they might wake up and pull their head out of the sand? But then it may be too late and a disillusioned community will take their hard earned cash elsewhere. With games like TitanFall and Destiny on the horizon, there’s still hope for us hardcore PC gamers!!!

SK8Mojo

True and after some sleep and work I will look up TitanFall and Destiny. I think its all basic what we want as PC gamers  .....

1- Unlock fov and let us set it to what we want.

2-Unlock FPS and let our video card work

3- Let us pick the server we want to game on

4- Make sure when you put in game settings resolution 5760 x1080 it works correct. as it never has yet in the two COD I tried it on lol.

5- Stop trying to make PC gamers play like a xbox.

6- make sure we can play in our game configs

Edit .....

7- servers allow us to rent and build our own Ghosts servers ranked by Ghosts

8- mod tools

Feel free to add to my list as it is late and I need sleep and I am sure I forgot something lol

CYBER-NINJA-187

I think that’s pretty much every CoD PC Gamers' wish list right there? LOL

So come on IW get them post-launch patches through quality control, so all of us hardcore PC gamers' can start enjoying this game the way it’s supposed to be played and enjoyed!!!

TWJackDanielsTW

Again not giving "truthful" info... Tisk tisk. They don't make a habit of giving refunds, but if a game has not been release they have and in most cases will issue a full refund to your payment method. They have for me and a few of my friends. The key is to request it before the release.

CYBER-NINJA-187

I gave the information based on my own personal experience. I asked for a refund on a pre-ordered game and was told I can only have a credit. So that is what I shared. As I do not have access to the experiences other people have received, I cannot share or comment on their personal experience. However as you seem intent in disproving anything I say, let’s play the fact game again! LOL

Steam fact 1; Please note that we do not normally offer refunds on purchases made online. However, we will refund preorders as long as the request is received prior to the release of the game. This only applies to purchases made from your account, preordered titles sent or received through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded.

Copied from the subscriber agreement.

TWJackDanielsTW

Look you said they don't give refunds and just issue credits. I don't like for people to be misled as something being fact when it is just based on their opinion or a personal experience. Say they didn't issue me a refund in my instance, since that was the case, and maybe suggest they find out if they do issue them as you pasted info clearly states they do just as I said in a pre released situation.

JinxSwe88

Well simple as this... not even gonna think about buying it untill I get to know exactly what im buying.

frequentbanger2

I use to play PC COD but I really enjoyed selecting the servers and 24/7 maps and game mode servers to pick from =/ PC players are always left till last which sucks hard

JinxSwe88

Im spaming thier twitter untill they anwser

{bhc}max|co

Well if "Ghosts" on PC doesn't "float yer boat", why not reinstall cod-world at war..

there is a terrific "Modern Warfare" mod , just about to be released to the public(free)

Its called "Redline" and is made by a guy called Mark Zweimann, backed by some of the most talented map makers in the COD community.

I was lucky enough to help beta test this mod last night, and it ROCKS...

So if 32 - 50 - 64 slot modern warfare servers are to your liking , with modern guns, vehicles helis etc then give it a try..

PS I have pre ordered the "Hardened" Edition from Amazon, I will support "Ghosts", even tho the lack of PC specific info is "unproffessional" to say the least without going into a swearing rant.

This support will continue until they release the info i'm looking for... I still have until the 3rd or 4th to cancel this pre order

maccabi

{bhc}max|co wrote:

Well if "Ghosts" on PC doesn't "float yer boat", why not reinstall cod-world at war..

there is a terrific "Modern Warfare" mod , just about to be released to the public(free)

Its called "Redline" and is made by a guy called Mark Zweimann, backed by some of the most talented map makers in the COD community.

i've been following redlines development for a while now its looking really good Nice to see the modding community coming together on projects it reminds me of the glory days of pc modding.

BO2Dedicatedmod

Totally agree to this PC Version's should always come with dedicated server files preferably the kind gaming community's or people with good pc's and connections can host them self ,all the lobby lover's can play in lobby's if they wish but i personally hate it and will not buy a online mp game that only provides lobbys