7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 10:26 AM by SK8Mojo RSS

Dedicated servers

BO2Dedicatedmod

Hi All ,considering pre purchasing Ghosts i read there is going to be dedicated servers .....is this going to be at the least dedicated servers that we can rent and not some crap provided for us ?

If not i'm not wasting my money on this and consider it Junk

And before fanboys start saying why do you want to rent or host a dedicated i couldn't care less about your opinion move on from here and stick to your lobbys and scream HACKS! at every player better than you or go play a console you don't deserve to be called part of the PC Master Race!,  rentable and hostable servers is what made the COD series great ,modded servers with new gamemodes etc ,Admins to ban/kick the racists and cheaters ,not only that it keeps the games alive longer look at COD 4 still going strong at the very least when a new COD is released i feel the companys should release ranked dedi server files for the previous title for gaming community's to host ,Look at how popular Mw2 is with the dedicated server modification available on the internet after all this time still no official dedicated support added ,i would happily purchase legit copy's to play on REAL dedicated servers.

• Re: Dedicated servers
    ProperDedisNeeded

BO2Dedicatedmod wrote:

Hi All ,considering pre purchasing Ghosts i read there is going to be dedicated servers .....is this going to be at the least dedicated servers that we can rent and not some crap provided for us ?

If not i'm not wasting my money on this and consider it Junk

The "dedicated servers" they are going to use forced matchmaking, so it will be the same crappy "lobby" experience that made MW2, MW3, and BO2 nearly unplayable.   They are hinting that they "might" add rentable servers post launch (notice they don't mention ranked...) but this is just misinformation in order to boost pre-order sales..

There are so many people who don't know any better. They read that it will have "dedicated servers" and instantly think of the glory days of CoD1, 2, 4, and WaW, so they rush out to pre-order.... then complain and demand refunds after they learn what Activision's idea of "dedicated servers" really is.

There will NOT be any admins, or a server browser. Most game modes won't be available as "playlists" (especially hardcore modes) and problematic players (trolls, hackers, etc) will be free to do whatever they wish without any consequences...

In short, it will NOT be a PC gaming experience... it will be a broken Xbox 360 experience on PC....  (Only worse in every way due to more hackers and less than one tenth as many players)

maccabi

the ONLY thing thats been announced is there is dedis for pc , anything else is speculation

i really dont get the pc community at times, ya'll scream that pc is overlooked and player numbers are dropping  then go out of your way to put people off buying the game by spreading incorrect "speculations" as "facts"

ProperDedisNeeded

maccabi wrote:

the ONLY thing thats been announced is there is dedis for pc , anything else is speculation

They announced it would be a matchmaking system (just like BO2)... They also hinted that "rentable servers might come post launch"... IW in particular has a track record of screwing over PC gamers (just look at how MW3 unranked dedi's were sabotaged)... They refuse to even add a FOV slider, yet want us to believe we're getting workable dedi's (btw a FOV slider would be 100 times easier to add)

No speculation here... .

maccabi

ProperDedisNeeded wrote:

maccabi wrote:

They announced it would be a matchmaking system (just like BO2)... They also hinted that "rentable servers might come post launch"... IW in particular has a track record of screwing over PC gamers (just look at how MW3 unranked dedi's were sabotaged)... They refuse to even add a FOV slider, yet want us to believe we're getting workable dedi's (btw a FOV slider would be 100 times easier to add)

No speculation here... .

well lets see the ONLY thing IW have stated is pc is getting dedis... Mark rubin has also said once launch is out the way they are going to be looking at getting rentable ranked servers online and server browsers.. that's it.

so yes anything you add after that point is speculation

No fov slider? hmm lets see Mark also has stated that at the time he was asked they didn't have a fov slider but that could change and also stated that post launch and that again POST launch they would be looking more closely at mod tolls and other stuff as they have quote " pushing the boundaries of the pc version"

so yes you lot are your own worst enemies ,

ProperDedisNeeded

maccabi wrote:

ProperDedisNeeded wrote:

maccabi wrote:

No speculation here... .

well lets see the ONLY thing IW have stated is pc is getting dedis... Mark rubin has also said once launch is out the way they are going to be looking at getting rentable ranked servers online and server browsers.. that's it.

so yes anything you add after that point is speculation

No fov slider? hmm lets see Mark also has stated that at the time he was asked they didn't have a fov slider but that could change and also stated that post launch and that again POST launch they would be looking more closely at mod tolls and other stuff as they have quote " pushing the boundaries of the pc version"

so yes you lot are your own worst enemies ,

I'm not wasting the time to look it up, but they DID state it would be use matchmaking. Plus the fact that he stated they will be "looking" at getting rentable servers and browsers post launch, means that there will NOT be rentable servers and browsers at launch... hence matchmaking (simple logic, not sure why you don't understand)

Also the FOV slider very clearly will NOT be in the game at launch, and again they are teasing that it "might" come later on.

So to recap... AT LAUNCH the game will NOT have rentable servers, or a browser, or a FOV slider, or any other basic PC features... this is not speculation...  Now IF they add that stuff later (which they won't) only THEN would it be worth getting. Right now it's nothing but empty promises.

Informing people to not buy at launch saves them money and frustration when these "promises" from Activision don't happen. Yet to you this is a bad thing... why?   I mean after all, IF they are actually going to do everything they say (as you are clearly suggesting) then all those potential customers would flock to the game when it's all added.

It kind of sounds like you want people to pre-order and potentially be screwed with another unplayable game.

SK8Mojo

think its all basic what we want as PC gamers  .....

1- Unlock fov and let us set it to what we want. My fov in  most games is set at 90 or 100

2-Unlock FPS and let our video card work

3- Let us pick the server we want to game on

4- Make sure when you put in game settings resolution 5760 x1080 it works correct. as it never has yet in the two COD I tried it on lol.

5- Stop trying to make PC gamers play like a xbox. we did not spend thousands of dollars to build custom rigs to game like a xbox.

6- make sure we can play in our game configs

7- servers allow us to rent and build our own Ghosts servers and they can be ranked by Ghosts

and my new add ...

8 Mod tools

I cancelled my pre order until I know the seven things I listed will be in the PC version.

CYBER-NINJA-187

Here’s a couple of links with some info about what type of dedicated servers we can expect in Ghosts. The first quotes the actual statement released by Mark Rubin:-

http://mp1st.com/2013/10/07/call-duty-ghosts-dedicated-servers-used-current-gen- next-gen-pc-according-iw-head/

This one speculates on dedi’s a bit more:-

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-will-be-all-dedicated-serv ers-will-enable-stealthier-updates/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

My interpretation of that info was that most of the game will be this new match making system. Which is a hybrid system with an enhanced algorithm, using listen servers. Ie. An advanced version of Black Ops II match making system. This will mean that there will be no hosts and we all get our own individual connection to the dedicated server. But if anyone has any advanced Intel, then please correct me if I have misinterpreted this system?

I think any actual dedicated servers delivered at launch, will be very similar to the system we received in MW 3? Whether they will be ranked and made rentable post-launch, is a scenario that IW has hinted at. Only time will tell if these features come to fruition? Sadly the server browser and true dedicated server system we had in CoD 4 and BO 1 may never be seen in a Call of Duty ever again? I sincerely hope that my last statement is wrong and we do actually get the system we all crave? But we will only know for-sure in 12 days time!!!