1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 7:40 AM by Stosh_Cowski Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    The true reason the "offensive emblem" report button is there, is for twelve year olds, and sissy crybabies that think everyone is hacking, to abuse when someone smacks them in the game. It has nothing to do with their emblems at all.
  • 51. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    thebiindsniper
    The greatest irony about penis emblems, is that they're always bigger.  
  • 52. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    i report every sexually related emblem i see, not because it disgusts me, but because it's offensive to my sense of humor. it's old hat.
  • 53. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    BeastOfFate
    I report them as well. Anyone not mature enough to understand why these emblems aren't allowed is also probably not old enough to buy the game themselves.

If they are, they just need to grow up. Leave the dirty jokes for when you're talking to friends; I know I do.
  • 54. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    ShadowOfGhost_PS3
    Freedom of speech isn't letting you say what you want,  it's protecting others from harsh words said to them

everyones got it ******* backwards
  • 55. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    IcEDeMoN847
    In my opinion, there should be an option in the main menu to disable seeing other people's emblems on xbox live. This option could also have different modes which completely disable all xbox live users emblems, or just anyone that isn't on your friends list. I'm not suggesting to remove the report button nor the emblem maker, just a remedy for those players out there who want to easily avoid running into this situation all together.

The emblems are so small anyways that it is hard to notice them on other players anyways, let alone pick out any fine detail unless you purposefully zoom in on them. If an emblem is truly offensive in your opinion, then I think you should have the right to report it. I also think that players who are easily offended by these emblems shouldn't go around looking to disappoint themselves.

This is most likely just a fad and will pass after everyone has gotten bored with drawing inappropriate designs, but for now players are just experimenting with the emblem maker and seeing how far they can push the boundaries with their designs. The amount of whistle-blowing and whining going on the forums about this is unnecessary because Treyarch probably has a solution to the issue already in the works.

If you're purposefully seeking out to find these emblems, then don't come on here and complain about them; if you're purposefully creating emblems with the intent of offending a specific group or person, then don't come on here complaining about getting the banhammer.

Thats my two cents...
  • 56. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    mezzmerized
    how do offensive emblems affect your life in any way... is it gona scar you??? last time i checked normal adults could handle seeing a penis... most of you have one, whats wrong with seeing a crudely drawn one. all you 10 year olds need to stop crying because you see some twigs and berrys.
  • 57. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    BeastOfFate

mezzmerized wrote:

how do offensive emblems affect your life in any way... is it gona scar you??? last time i checked normal adults could handle seeing a penis... most of you have one, whats wrong with seeing a crudely drawn one. all you 10 year olds need to stop crying because you see some twigs and berrys.

Last time I checked a normal adult doesn't need to have a penis as their avatar to simulate humour. It's about maturity, not about seeing penises you 12 year old twit.
  • 58. Re: Let's get something straight about offensive emblems
    Stosh_Cowski

When I report for an offensive emblem, I'm reporting for their ignorance plain & simple.  I report for swastikas too...anything rascist, etc.  Generally the chuckleheads that have these kinds of emblems wouldn't owe up to something like this in the real world anyways. 

I see both sides of this coin.  Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, blah...blah...blah...On the other side of the coin is our (my) freedom to report them.  Plus, I'm a firm believer that that report option goes to the dead letter office where all of the letters for Santa/Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy go.  I.E...the report falls on deaf ears.  It's a vent for those of us that want to express our freedoms as well.  Same goes for the reporting for cheater/boosting/offensive language.  The developers probably have tallys of how high those number go during the day.

So all you rascists, penis envy, immature freedom of expression/speech people out there...go ahead...do your thing.  Have fun doing it.  Enjoy yourselves....while others, like myself, report you.  You aren't harming us & we aren't harming you.

Next?

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next