19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 5:38 PM by OGHuxtable RSS

App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!

timoneill73

We are playing Lost Islands on two iPads (iPad & iPad2, both on iOS 6) a different player using each one. Each had different Skylanders, levels, gems, etc. (i.e. the game was not being shared between iPads). We started having problems after signing up to Activate on the iPad, and activating via Facebook with the iPad2, so that we could connect to collect Kudos. Upon activating with Facebook on the iPad2, the game became unplayable and would crash upon opening or attempting to do any activity or task.

In order to try and resolve the problem, I deleted the app from the iPad2 and reinstalled in order to try and download the data from the cloud. After doing this and starting the game (with none of our data) I then logging back on with Facebook I received a ‘Load Error 10’. After this the game, continues to crash upon entry.

When starting the game on the iPad (logged in with Activate) the game prompts to restore data from the cloud, displaying a difference between local and cloud data. This prompt shows the local data to be that which belongs to the iPad, and the cloud data corresponds to that of the iPad2.

We have spent hundreds of ‘real’ dollars with in app purchases, we are currently missing all data from iPad 2 (Level 31, over12 million in gold, hundreds of gems, all Skylander except Admiral Thumpback), so I desperately need help from someone.

• Re: App crashing.. Lost everything.. Losing my mind.. Help!!!
    OGHuxtable

Hi Timoneill73,

We're very sorry to hear this has occurred.  Just to clarify since there are two devices involved and two separate accounts, please provide us with the following information for both accounts:

Device/Account 1:

1. Your Activate name.

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).

4. Specify the device.

Device/Account 2:

1. Your Activate name.

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).

4. Specify the device.

Also, specify if the error code 10 was received on both devices and accounts.  Are both accounts connected to Facebook?  Is it the same Facebook account?  Are both accounts experiencing the same issue.  If not, specify separately the issue occurring on each account.

Thanks ^AH

timoneill73

Thanks ^AH,

Details requested:

Device1/Account 1:

1. Your Activate name. timoneill73

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back). Level 28

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost).None

4. Specify the device. iPad v1 iOS 6

This device/account (iPad1/timoneill73) prompts for to 'Choose your save' on startup. The local data is correct. The Cloud Save appears to be the data for the Device2/Account2 (last played:10/10/13; Kingdom Level: 31; Goals Completed: 598; Skylanders: 79). I dont want to overwrite this.

Device2/Account 2:

1. Your Activate name. This device was linked with a Facebook account only - kimwilson17 (public Facebook ID)

2. Previous and current level. (Only applies if the account was reset to level 1 or rolled back).previous Level 31, game just crashes when trying to open with this ID.

3. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not gems were lost). Gems lost: approx 400, all up approx $AUD 160 spent.

4. Specify the device.  iPad v2. iOS 6

We use a common Apple/Gamer ID between these two devices. Maybe this is where the issue lies, when combined with saving to the cloud...?

I think if you could transfer the save in the cloud from the Activate ID timoneill73, to a new account (for the iPad2/kimwilson17 account) this may resolve the problem. If this is possible... Sorry not trying to tell how to do your job... I work in software, and this seems to be the problem and possible solution...

Thanks very much, your help is most appreciated.

timoneill73

Hi AH,

No second account has never logged into iPad V1 both devices are completely independent of each other and have never been logged in under either accounts. 

The original symptom still exists however, App crashing - reverted to level 1 - lost everything, Error Load 10 (that is when you CAN get into the App).  The issue of the two games saved data to the Cloud is a secondary issue to the first and most important issue - the crashing and load error.  I think if you resolve this issue I might be able to log back in via FB and at least get my Cloud data back on iPad2!

FYI These issues never existed at all before we signed up to Activision on these devices.  Worked perfectly fine just having data saved locally on the device working under the same apple ID.

Any update on a resolution to the original symptom - app crashing load error 10?  It's been days and days now.

Thanks

timoneill73

Hi AH,

Any updates here? As you can see from one of my earlier posts the Level 31 game which is getting the Load Error 10 and 14 hasn't been played since 10/10/13, that's 8 days since it first started crashing.

I understand you have forwarded it to the proper channels but it seems that there are a stack of users experiencing the very similar issues, (some for weeks too) surely such a critical bug should be resolved by now?

Thanks

OGHuxtable

Hi Tim,

We understand your concern regarding your issue.  Each of the reported accounts are handled individually so it does take a bit of time for each user.  We just want to ensure every reported issue is handled accordingly.

Just a note to one of the concerns you were having.  The shared Apple/Gamer ID should have no barring on the issue you are having as the ID is independent of the Lost Islands Activate accounts.

One other thing we would like to know.  By chance is kimwilson17 on your neighbors/friends list?  Is this a Kingdom you have visited?  When you were prompted to Choose your Save on the timoneill73 account , what did you choose?

If you are now able to load the timoneill73 Activate account, are you still prompted with a choice of your device and the kimwilson17  cloud save?  If so, would it be possible to link us to a screenshot?  You can save the screenshot to any image hosting website.  We would appreciate if we could forward that information over as well.

Thanks ^AH

timoneill73

Hi AH,

Thanks for the update, hoping for a resolution soon!

Great to know the shared Apple ID has no bearing on this issue.

Yes, kimwilson17 is on my neighbours list and I have visited that kingdom, it was the reason we joined both Ipads to Activision in order to collect kudos and complete a challenge (wishing of course now we hadn't, not a great introduction to Activision!!).

I'm not prompted to choose a save on timoneill73 account it simply comes up in the top right screen (under the kudos) saying 'Saving' or online as timoneill73.

I can load the timoneill73 (Ipad1) account no problem and yes, it is still prompting me to restore from the cloud (level 31) which is the kimwilson account. The timoneill account as far as I can still be accessing local data even though it is still logged into to Activision as timoneill73.

I'm reluctant to do anything further as far as changing settings etc (and saves) for fear of overwriting the timoneill account with the other data (kimwilson)

Just checked Ipad2 (kimwilson) again before submitting this follow up.  I am being prompted for my age and then when I enter that I get the Load Error 10 followed by a load error 14 after I check 'Support'.

AH, couldn't get the images through here so PM'd you via email address of kimwilson

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks look forward to a resolution soon.

Tim

timoneill73

Sorry buddy,

Realised after I submitted you wanted a link, not attachment (it's late here!)  1st images are of Ipad1 (timoneill)  relating to save prompt, 2nd image is activate account for Ipad1, last two are of Ipad 2 (kimwilson) error codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23941213/ipad1%20save%20prompt.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23941213/ipad1%20activate%20settings.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23941213/ipad1%20save%20prompt.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23941213/ipad%202%202nd%20error%20msg.JPG

Cheers,

Tim

timoneill73

Hey guys,

Is there any update on the progress here?

Has anyone had their issue resolved?

Ipad 2 was last able to be played 10/10/13 before crashing started.

It would be appreciated if there was some form of communication to know where we stand.

Thanks,

Tim

timoneill73

Hi Emilio,

Appreciate you getting in touch.  I'm aware you have sent it to Dev for further review but I'm sure you can appreciate as a 'customer' of your game, not knowing when there will be a resolution is extremely frustrating.  I have invested quite a bit of real money into this game and would have expected to see an outcome of some sorts within this quite considerable timeframe.

Also an update for you.  I have disconnected Ipad1 (timoneill73) from the Activision account and am now solely playing this Ipad on locally saved data.  My 6 year old son plays this game and there were too many times he was going to overwrite the data with the incorrect saved data of iPad2 (kimwilson17 - facebook account with activision) as per the image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23941213/ipad1%20save%20prompt.JPG.

So the real issue now only lies with iPad2 (kimwilson17).  Could not revert to locally saved data on this iPad due to the number of times the app has been deleted and reinstalled.  All saved data locally has been lost during this process.   We are relying on being able to restore this data from the cloud to continue to play.

Please concentrate your efforts on only iPad2 (kimwilson17) as I will continue to play iPad1 (timoneill73) with local data.

Thanks and look forward to a resolution soon. 

Tim

p.s. what happens in the event that you cannot fix this issue? Do you refund 'real' money, reinstate skylanders purchased, companions purchased, and gems/ wish stones and everything else which got me to level 31 into a new game??

Thanks again

timoneill73

Anything yet?????????

Can I just have my money refunded please?  I am so over waiting. 

How do you expect consumers to spend money and wait indefinitely for a resolution?

If I took my customers money and supplied them with software that didn't work and could not provide them with any definitive resolution or timeframe I wouldn't have any customers left!!!!!

Please advise how I can have my real world currency refunded ASAP.  I won't be continuing to play this game.

timoneill73

HELLO??????

Anyone???

Asked the above question 2 weeks ago and nothing.

FYI updated to the new release a week or so ago.  Same old same old

Load Error 10 and Load Error 14 - why would you release an update without addressing the most pressing issue everyone on this forum seems to have???

Can you please respond to me on how I get my real world currency back.  I have already missed out on nearly 2 months of game play and will not resume.