24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 6:30 PM by AODXSKRILLEX RSS

New ranking system is FLAWED

I don't know what is wrong with this ranking system but it is incredibly lousy. First off, who's bright idea was it to penalize you for not playing!? You know how frustrating it is when I get off work and see that my rank has gone down and all my hard work was for nothing. I would LOVE to be able to play zombies all day every day, but the truth is that I can't. Secondly, it is incredibly inaccurate. I would consider myself above average as far as zombie skills go ( my highest on solo Tranzit is 44, I'd like it to be higher but I just don't have the time for six hour games all the time) anyways, my rank reflects that of an average skilled zombie killer! Out of almost two million players I am among the top four thousand, do I not deserve more than a skull!?!??! All in all, seriously dissappointed in the new zombies and this ranking system only further frustrates me. PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS

• Re: New ranking system is FLAWED
    TehMorg

amen to that

xmen91

I completely agree. It's like everyone that has the shotgun sucks.

s0uRp0vv3r

You dont lose rank from not playing.......fact.

Havent touched zombies in,like 2 weeks and i still have my shotties.....

You assume yer above average and that everyone deserves shotties which is not the case.

HeWhoPuff

only your tallies and eye colors leave. your rank doesnt i dont think. but ive been a pretty good player from the start and barely received the knife recently, so dont worry bout the stupid asss system and worry about killing zombies. people ***** and complain SOOOOO much about their "K/D", thats a main reason istopped playing multiplayer because thats ALL people look at to talk ****. what if your just messing round with friends having fun ? ipersonally dont think they should have a ranking system, but more of a prestige system in zombies instead. THAT will show skill aslong as they implement the systems leveling up correctly, like process of certain amount of kills or rounds to move on.

in2itScott

Well I do agree with many flaws in the ranking system I must be honest and say you can't be that good if you only have a skull. Granted the blue eyes and number system is based on consistent days played... The skull / dagger and shotguns are based mostly on your Kill / Death ratio. I am in the top 10 - 100 in most catagories and have a 500+ K/D. Who cares about the blue eyes. Get your K/D up and the dagger or shotgun's says it all!

So maybe stop going down so much ;-)

That is a load. I've played with skulls that would destroy some shotties. And vice versa of course. The only real Benifit that I can think of about having a higher rank is that you may get better lobbies in respect to skill and that's dicey as some will rage to preserve their falsified stature.

xxxSHOCKxxx

I agree with you Tacnimin.  I have players with shotties back out of my lobbies all the time.  They don't want a challenge.  I'd much rather have players that have the Skull/Dagger l like me.  Generally they won't back out of lobbies like the higher ranked players.

Not all my friend, some I've played with are beast and well deserving of them. I they're in the same lobby as me I'll give the Benifit of the doubt but after a few rounds you can tell who's who

Theunholyicon

We need to stop the generalizing.

Everyone quits.  For a plethora of reasons.  And by everyone I mean every rank.

I've played with shotties that leave.  I've played with ALL types of players on here.

Back out because they can't recover past round 15, even though we've helped them get spork and redeemer.  People wanting to preserve their shotguns, knives and skills are just as bad because they are trying to rank up.  Or they just didn't know what they were getting themselves into when you ask if they are ready to kill zombies for four hours, and they didn't realize you were serious.

It's trial and error.  I have skulls to shotties on my list, you back out of one of my games, you get deleted.  As many people here probably also do.  That's the only way to get reliable games.  I play with a skull almost every night and I will continue to do so because he never backs out, and he has the skills to hold his own,  got to 36 on MOTD with him and two other skulls that had no idea about redeemer or spork.

I too have been but by fellow shotties backing out, but all you can do is move on really.  And on these forums, I have no problem giving a shout out to players I play with that stick it out through games and will be reliable zombie slaying partners.

siwhite

"plethora" what a great word an now my word for the day!

reluctent

I've had the same thing like that on Die rise, a friend of mine who is only skull while the rest of us were knife wanted to play with us. We let him in after saying" mate you do know that this game's gonna last for at least 7-8 hours of killing zombies right" like all people who obviously care too much of their rank to think about what their really doing he said "I know what you mean" in this case he didn't at all. After getting past round 15, literallly 15. He was getting panicky and agitated, it was annoying for me as he never stepped nearly 3 feet away from me through 3 rounds and kept saying I'm worried about getting killed. Obviously i just said I can''t help you other than remind you that we did say we would be going into the daredevil rounds. I mean sheeesh, don't join a game you can't afford to die in. While the rest of us were pulling off out trains and racking up the kills, he was running wild everywhere shooting our trains with his ray gun. Nearly killing us several times, he finally found a spot and trained. At last, he was surviving and we were, training a zombie and taking a breather, trust me, people who havn't been into the high rounds, its tiring. None of us were expecting rank up, nor did we get one but we got a leadeboard record of 73 and boy did we enjoy it. But for the skull dude, I probably think he took chill pills afterwards since he sounded really freaked out, yet he did well after 3 rounds following me everywhere, attracting more pesty zombies. But I got the kills and the guns, it's all I care about, but like most people, well nearly all of em I would certainly not mind getting shotties but I ain't hellbent on em, I get them when I get them, and If I don't then who gives one.

reluctent

Knife and skull is classed as a high rank, shotguns and knife both represent skilled players, assuming they haven't glitched for them, which these days is too common. People who get shotguns are usually protective of it, not because your a noob, they don't want to lose their shotties, I don't blame them at all. Shotguns is a very balancing rank, so you have to be careful what you do.

FrostspineZ24

you know what's worse than raging shotties? AFK idiots and 12 year olds thinking it's funny to get downed in lava so that their teammate will nearly kill themselves trying to be the nice guy, this combined with the fact that it could've been a MUCH BETTER teammate instead of them.

roadblock375

amen but u no TREYARCH NEEDS TO TAKE RANKING AWAY i am tired of getting into lobbies that say no go away u dont have shotties well u no wat i dont care i thought gamemakers made games for u to have fun not rage when u go down,dont get good guns or lose everything,sowhat if im just bones,skull,blue eyes skull,blue skull knife or watever ITS A GAME ALL U RAGERS U HAVE FUN PLAYING not o my god i just got a rpg 5 times in a row u no wat get over it buy a wall gun they just dont put them there for looks USE THEM u no wat i was a blue eye nife but now i probably a skull who cares im really good,can survive pretty good,dont rage quit,or care wat gun i get so wat if u get a rpg ask any1,any1 that as acually use 1 its preety good take out hords with approx. 4-6 shots rounds 30+ SO U NO WAT IF U RAGE DONT PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u wanna add me its roadblock365

RichRob

The only time I have fun playing with randoms is when they like me don't care about there rank and just want to play for fun. I don't look at rank to determined if your good or bad, I look at how you were in game. Did you try to revive your teammates, did they buy the next door when they had the most points, were they respectful to the other players in the game, did they share the box on a fire sale. If you did those things or close to that then I'll play with you anytime I'm free to play zombies, no matter if your a single bone or shotties.

Had a guy back out on round 9 on origins cause he said that he was embarrassed cause he went down 3 times and he usually don't play that way. Downs happen, just hope your in a lobby where your teammates are going to pick you up, and if your as good as you think build back up your points and get your set up that you like and continue to kill zombies. I never quit unless I have to go or my teammates are trolling.