1 2 3 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 10:25 AM by rlbl RSS

What's with all the camping?

RunAndGun1

Yes, camping has it's place. But, it's not abused more than in any other game then COD.

I've been playing BO2, MW2 and MW3 while waiting for Ghosts. BO2 is completely out of the picture, because I don't play garbage anymore.

But, I swear I have not seen more (non-strategic) camping at any other time then these past few days leading up to Ghosts. HALF of my deaths have come by the way of campers. I'm not talking about snipers or players locking down a flag. I'm talking about lazy players, who - I don't know - are protecting their KDR or what?

I hope to see less camping on Ghosts. It's getting old and it's annoying as hell. And unless you're a sniper or you're using a killstreak or some other useful purpose, like defending a flag, I see no justification for perpetual camping. It's one of the reasons I like larger maps. People camp less if they don't get to shoot at someone every 5 seconds. As much as I don't like a preponderance of tiny maps, I do like the occasional super fast action match. But, I like strategic, stealth type play as well. Which is what larger maps provide.

• 1. Re: What's with all the camping?
    rankismet

Honestly... gripes about camping are played out.

It's in every shooter.

It will be in Ghosts.

What can be done about it in Ghosts?

Nothing.

Zip.

Donut.

Zero.

Nada.

ab-so-freaking-nothing.

So long as people prefer not getting killed... there will be camping.

Adapt and overcome or ring the bell 3 times before you DOR.

• 2. Re: What's with all the camping?
    Izjar11

Very true,

Complaining about them does one thing:

Creates a reason to do it, because they have read how annoying it is.

• 3. Re: What's with all the camping?
    RunAndGun1

rankismet wrote:

Honestly... gripes about camping are played out.

It's in every shooter.

It will be in Ghosts.

What can be done about it in Ghosts?

Nothing.

Zip.

Donut.

Zero.

Nada.

ab-so-freaking-nothing.

So long as people prefer not getting killed... there will be camping.

Adapt and overcome or ring the bell 3 times before you DOR.

All so true. It's just so frustrating in the lead up to Ghosts to see SO much camping.

But, I am more optimistic about Ghosts because what I've seen of the maps and squads. As long as the lag doesn't become an issue it could be quite a blast.

What would really help. Really, really help. Is if they allow us to remove knifing and proning from our controller sticks. I would have so much more fun if I didn't have to worry about knifing the air or suddenly proning just when I want to aim my weapon. 

• 4. Re: What's with all the camping?
    trialstardragon

Camping is just as abused in any other game as it is in CoD. Just less people complain about it as much in those games because they just simply avoid the campers and not feed them kills.

• 5. Re: What's with all the camping?
    Adam1234567893

They are just practicing for Ghosts cause their perk is back and they can't replenish lethals lol.

• 6. Re: What's with all the camping?

I think you should try a different method of play.  Grab a pistol and move slow.  Cover your field of fire within about 20 to 30 yards.  Anything that moves, shoot it.  Do not sprint.  You can adjust by moving slow.  Do that for about an hour, then go back to run n gun.  After two hours, try this.  Find a location and stick to it.  A car for example.  Stay in range within 20 to 30 yards of it, and protect it.  Keep your pistol and kill anything within 30 yards.  Do that for an hour.  Then go back to run n gun.  Then, find a teammate, and cover him within 30 yards, keep your pistol.

This will take some discipline on your end, but after about 2 to 3 hours, You'll see some changes.

• 7. Re: What's with all the camping?

One thing youll likely see, is that your focus is no longer on run n gun, its on survival and teammates.  If you run too much, your tongue is hanging out your mouth waiting for something to move, and if it does, your not prepared for it, or your amped and youll waste it.  Two methods of play, but I would suggest slowing it down and youll see what Im saying.  Your campers wont be camping, youll be picking them off because they are within 30 yards of you

• 8. Re: What's with all the camping?
    iivrruummii

Non-strategic campers are really a problem in COD.  The problem is that they have no drive to get better at the game and learn how to improve so they just sit in corners without a clue of what is happening around them.  Not to mention they play every gamemode, and do not contribute to the wins and they just get carried by the players playing the objectives while they ignore everything and sit in a corner.

I hate playing with clueless randoms, and that is why I vow to not play with them unless I have too.  Nothing worse than losing by 100 points in DOM because you couldn't capture an objective while your teammates didn't provide any support or kill anyone one.

On MW3, I had a 100+ kill game on Ground War Domination and lost by ~20+ points.  I had gotten an Assault MOAB and still could win due to the incompetence of my teammates.

• 9. Re: What's with all the camping?

Yep.  Mindless shooting.  Fun for a bit, fun for anyone carrying a fully auto weapon.  Its nature, that bloodlust kicks in.  You gotta Jedi it.  You gotta start remembering to cover your team, and go for the capture.  Rarely do most players play the game they are on.  Its about kills.  You look up and see someone got 80, good God 80 freakin kills.  I would wager that's why they made "Cranked".   Its a good concept, but if the new game mirrors anything of the old, team deathmatch is still going to have your average I don't give a crap about the team, I just want to shoot shi..t.  So what do you do?

In the current Domination, for example.  Points are cool, kills are cool for cover so it works.  Theres a few spots for snipers to get to, but no one plays the game.  Ill rephrase, not many seem to play the game.  So what do you do about it?  I think mic chat is a good thing because you can yell out, and tell your team to pull it together.  You wont hear it much, but I do.  Then you've got 5 people leaving the game, 4 new ones in.  There are some cool awards though, and some cool tags.  I think they should make some run of the mill tags and let you design them.  If you want the cool tag, youd better earn it.  I saved 5 of my teammates by charging in, and blasted a sentry gun so they could take the flag.

They really need to look at this, and give tags when its deserved    

1 2 3 Previous Next