25 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 12:57 PM by Izjar11 RSS

I have a good feeling!

MuscledRMH

So in less than 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts will be released and I have a good feeling about this game, even when I'm less excited than I used to be for COD I still have a good feeling about Ghosts.

This is why:

-No more Deathstreaks

-No more OP quickscoping

-Improved graphics and gameplay mechanics

-Good Audio quality

-Dedicated Servers

-Bigger map variety

-New Gamemodes

-Redesigned Pointstreaks

-More Create a Class options

-Squads

-Clan Wars

-New Improved Clansystem

-No more grey graphic tint like MW3

-Infected

-New perksystem

-More Emotional Campaign

-Good Main menu Theme Soundtrack

-Good Multiplayer menu soundtrack

Infinity Ward showed they listened to us and that gives me good feelings!

Are you exicted for Ghosts??

MULTIPLAYER SOUNDTRACK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdx-lD6LrLE

Main Menu Theme Soundtrack:

Call of Duty: Ghosts OFFICIAL Main Menu Theme Song [HD] - YouTube

• Re: I have a good feeling!
    lewdmouth

How about improvements to network coding issues? Thats a pretty important one that I have not heard anything about from IW.

mdub

lewdmouth wrote:

How about improvements to network coding issues? Thats a pretty important one that I have not heard anything about from IW.

IW said they have put a lot of work into improving matchmaking. That will drastically improve game play.

We can only hope.

Messier_83

So excited for this game.

Every time a new CoD comes out I go with my buddies at midnight release and the next month is filled with hardcore grinding to max prestige. My friends are I are playin MW3 and BO2 in anticipation it's gonna be sweeeeeeeet

iivrruummii

But there is still Support Killstreaks.

MrAdaptability

That's a good thing if you ask me. Killing streaks being in the support strike package is a different issue, but overall I approve of support streaks. If you have a bad teammate who can't string together a few kills for a SATCOM in the assault tree he can throw on support streaks and support the better players on his team. This way he may still be a liability but he is at least helping the rest of his team out even if he does go 5-10 or whatever. How is that a bad thing?

iivrruummii

Being rewarded for being terrible at the game and not learning how to get better is not a good thing if you ask me.

MrAdaptability

Everyone has their off games, everyone. Then some people just aren't as good or are disabled, etc. Some people simply have a lower skill ceiling than others. It's not them getting rewarded really but their team getting rewarded for having to compensate for a poor player. Hence the term "support". Some players also just care about the objective and rarely get traditional killstreaks because they're always on the front lines gunning it out holding objectives for a a small bit until the better players can arrive and help out. As far as I'm concerned those types of players are extremely important to any objective game.

Aside from 2 of the streaks in the support package that we're aware of all of them are strictly support focused streaks. It also sounds like the Heli Sniper is going to be really easy to take out. I personally believe kills shouldn't factor into the support package, but they do. I think support points should come strictly from playing the objective, destroying enemy aircraft, equipment, etc.

RunAndGun1

iivrruummii wrote:

Being rewarded for being terrible at the game and not learning how to get better is not a good thing if you ask me.

I agree that getting better at the game is certainly more advantageous. But, I see his point that even if you're not a great player if you can contribute in some way to your team's victory that you're not a complete liability.

For example, what if your team is just one kill away from getting the "Victory" title at the end? And that one teammate who seemed to die more then kill suddenly got the final kill that pushed your team over the edge to a victory. You wouldn't feel so bad, I'm guessing.

sm1thy17396

Exactly. What ever happend to if you want to get better at the game, then you have to play it? Now it seems that noobs get all these perks that can make them dominate in games which should not happen. If someone is crap at the game then they should not be rewarded for it and they need to play more and learn more to get better. Support streaks should not be in the game period and whoever decided to create deathstreaks is one retarded dude. (thank god they're out now) So basically if you're **** at the game then you're **** at the game and if you want to get to that "good player" stage then you have to play, play, play.

Please take the damn support streaks out of the game.

trialstardragon

I am not letting my feelings get up nor are they going down until I have played the game. Not letting my hopes or expectations to rise and then have them deflated because it was not as anticipated. Matters not what is said by them.. the proof will be in the pudding (actual game play).

RunAndGun1

trialstardragon wrote:

I am not letting my feelings get up nor are they going down until I have played the game. Not letting my hopes or expectations to rise and then have them deflated because it was not as anticipated. Matters not what is said by them.. the proof will be in the pudding (actual game play).

You're right. I guess my wishful thinking is getting the best of me. LOL

MrAdaptability

Ya, I'm excited but trying to keep my expectations grounded. If this is a better game than MW3 I'll probably be happy with it. I think the reason Activision hasn't released as much info this year as the 2 previous releases is to keep players from getting themselves too hyped up and setting themselves up for disappointment, maybe not. You're right though we won't know until we get our hands on it.

iivrruummii

My expectations are quite high, for once, but even if I am disappointed I will still play in for at least a couple of months.  At this point I can see Titanfall being overhyped and it turning out to be "terrible".

MrAdaptability

It's possible but man, it seems like everybody that played Titanfall at the expos just came away with nothing but good things to say about the gameplay. It could very well be overhyped but it could also be the next big evolution in the FPS genre. Guess we'll know in March of next year though.

cranium2001

I really hope not. The problem is they usually turn out that way. Time will tell I suppose.

trialstardragon

Same as with BF4 or Halo5 or Destiny. Any one of them or all of them could turn out to be terrible at launch.

MrAdaptability

This is true, I think people these days are overly pessimistic when it comes to games that get massive amount of hype pre-release.  Titanfall is definitely the game with the most pre-release hype I have seen in a long, long time. I think that is why it was used as an example by iivruummii

trialstardragon

I don't know if I would call it pessimism or just being cautious. I think older players are just tired of game developers and online reviews trying to say the game is so great when it turns out not to be. Where as the optimistic crowd or newer younger players have not yet encountered this problem enough to be wary yet of promises made and than broken by the developers.

MrAdaptability

That's a very good point and I agree with the outlook to an extent. The major gaming news/review/blog outlets are really just not trustworthy these days IMO. They go with the wind so to speak. IGN for example will give COD games shining reviews on release then 2-3 months later post an article about how COD needs to change or COD is stale. So I get that caution, however in Titanfall's case it's not just marketing/media hype. If you talk to just the everyday people who played the game at the expos or read about their experience and opinion of the game it is almost always a sterling review.

But with things like that time will tell, I think a lot of times pre-release hype brings gamers expectations of games way too high. Some games get built up to this almost legendary status before release and too often can't live up to that. So even if a game is good but not legendary people will say it sucks or was a big disappointment because they let the hype pump their expectations sky high.

trialstardragon

I can agree with this for it is very much true. People blindly listen to the hype expect the game to be out of this world in game play. get it.. play it.. find its not so different from other games. say it sucks because of so. Which is why I tend and prefer to go the neutral route. I wait to decide until I have played it myself. A friend may say it sucks and to them it might; but I may like it. They may on the flip side say its the best game ever and to me it will suck. So reviews by anyone really have no bearing for me on if I will like a game or not.

If not sure enough, I will wait and rent it before buying to decide if liked enough to actually buy.

MrAdaptability

Ya, that's the thing I miss the most about gaming on console, renting games. These days on PC if I'm not sure on a game release I will wait for it to go on sale before I grab it. I agree though you can't rely on reviews because everyone is going to have different expectations, experiences, etc. Gaming is such a hands on experience the only thing I look for in reviews are any technical issues a game may or may not have, which again can easily vary from player to player.

Submit2MyWill

Having been so conditioned to BLOPS and BLOPS II, just about anything will be an upgrade for me!

Izjar11

trialstardragon wrote:

100% truth! its when the game is out which is what counts!

Izjar11

Good post, I hope as well that all these things they have learned from previous games makes each better! Looks like so far.