1 2 3 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 5:10 PM by RenovaKunumaru RSS

Boosting...

Bang87

Unfortunately, I can see it now....

2 boosters log into squads mode. One says, "Hey Johnny meet me at location "x".

"Ok Jimmy, this will be fun....we can boost off each other while the whole other team is bots so we have no one to report us, all the while earning xp"

"Yeah hehe, i love how we can buy any item with cod points right from the start too. This tactical insertion was so easy to get!"

While the bots are going at one another, Johnny and Jimmy are behind Pinkies strip joint gaining all kinds of xp.

No recording theater mode, xp in squads mode, buy any item from the start....

Does anyone see where I'm going here?

Of course boosting has been a part of the game over the years but you'd think that they would take measures to address it.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to address this issue...I'm just hoping something gets done about it.

• 1. Re: Boosting...
    Schuesseled

Personally boosting was only an issue for me in MW2, where often there'd be an AC130 in the air after 2 mins in FFA.

Haven't encountered anything like this since they added 1v1 modes, if anything the ability for these cheats to disappear into squad vs squad will let the rest of us enjoy the game, so where is the problem?

• 2. Re: Boosting...
    trialstardragon

That they will level up faster than they normally could have. that in a few hours they will have everything unlocked while everyone else is still working for it legitimately. They will then use their ill gotten items for an advantage over those that don't have them yet in regular games.

• 3. Re: Boosting...
    Submit2MyWill

I've thought about that too, OP. Hopefully, so has IW and will implement something to stop it.

• 4. Re: Boosting...
    MrAdaptability

This is something I have thought about as well, hopefully it doen't end up like cage match did in COD4....gah couldn't play a match in that game mode without someone asking you if you wanted to do headshot boosting :/

• 5. Re: Boosting...
    STUMPGRINDER_14

To be honest, I hope a lot of boosting will be going on. My absolute favorite thing to do in MW2 was to just run around and go hunting for boosters. Boosters were basically a free double kill for everyone else who could find them. Damn the rage from all those kids was priceless.

• 6. Re: Boosting...
    Adam1234567893

Well it's a one on one match involving 10 bots so you wouldn't be able to get in their game lol.

• 7. Re: Boosting...
    Adam1234567893

Hopefully they add an system that recognizes the kill feed and automatically bans boosters that kill each other the most every match that way there is no hope for boosters. Or they could make it where you can't invite anyone to Squads vs Squads period either during the matchmaking or during the game just make it say it's always full.

• 8. Re: Boosting...
    rankismet

Schuesseled wrote:

Personally boosting was only an issue for me in MW2, where often there'd be an AC130 in the air after 2 mins in FFA.

Haven't encountered anything like this since they added 1v1 modes, if anything the ability for these cheats to disappear into squad vs squad will let the rest of us enjoy the game, so where is the problem?

Have you even played since then?

• 9. Re: Boosting...
    PRaNK5STa7

Do you mean IW the guys who created the MW3 Prestige Token Glitch and banned nobody for using it, or the IW who has been introducing hacks into their games a few months prior to their next release to try and get you to buy the next COD (because the old one is hacked).

Unless there is a dollar in stopping it they won't do anything. Glitches and Boosting are part of the game that some kids like and if they are buying copies of Ghosts to do this IW aren't going to stop them to make it fairer on you. The fact that they are now making it even easier to do this is a sign that they actually encourage it.

Here's a hot tip. Within 4 months there will be some kind of boosting glitch that miraculously helps bad players prestige quicker, and you won't be banned for using it.

1 2 3 Previous Next